Sponsored by:

new guy here - thinking of buying an '06 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
Originally Posted by Todd Christ
well dang, those guys won't budge on price since they CPO'ed the car...

oh well, next in line!

anyone have some good leads on E55s in the NorCal area?
At that price, it will be there a very long time. Wait a month and see if they are more flexible. Not much chance of it selling, especially during the holiday season.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Shadow5501
That is an early-ish build 2006 car (Sept. 15 2005 delivery date). Flint gray exterior over the usual charcoal interior. Options on this car are:
- Cooled seats (heated is standard)
- Drive dynamic seats
- Rear window roller blind
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- CD changer
- Keyless Go

Pretty typical option load for an AMG - Premium package + xenon lights + keyless go.

BTW, I am with the previous poster - the options really are not important or useful. The xenon headlamps are a bit better than the halogens, but nothing near a deal breaker. Keyless go and the power trunk seem to break on everybody that has them. Dynamic seats are silly, the nav system works but is long in the tooth, I can't tell if the cooled seats even do anything... You get the idea.

About the only option that is make or break is the panoramic roof. Some people gotta have it, others won't touch it. I'm in the latter group - living in the sun belt, I really don't want a glass roof.

Options content definately affects the market price of the car. But I don't find the options at all important to have. The 1st car you were looking at sounds like a great car, but it's important not to overpay due to the low options content.
I own this car! Decided to run the VIN out of curiosity and here we are haha

It's come a long way but I like it a lot. Great car with the right options imo. These are getting more rare as time goes by.