211 E63 concerns

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gone but not Forgotten 2006 E55 Renntech
211 E63 concerns

Hi Folks,

Been lurking for a while and I am now ready (I think) to bite the cherry on an 08 E63. Vehicle I am looking at still has warranty.

However I have a number of questions:

1) If the vehicle is still under warranty can I purchase an extended warranty from MB (not interested in 3rd party warranties)?
2) What are the major concerns / issues / problems with 08 and pre W212 E63's (of course I am aware that maintenace costs are higher than regular W211)?
3) On a recent test drive I found "S" to be quite touchy / herky jerky in light traffic, do you folks find the same?

As a point of interest, I was extremely impressed with the power and sheer "grunt" of this vehicle.

Thanks for y'all's replies.

Ronan

Last edited by Ronan Mc Cabe; 12-24-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Found out some answers
Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Purchase an Easycare warranty. They are the best in the biz IMO. Been hassle free and I've had a few issues with my E63 (bad throttle sensor, shredded serpentine belt, worn pulleys). they are not Hondas so expect some issues. You gotta pay to play sometimes but this car is worth every penny :. Good luck with the purchase.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by HypnoE63
Purchase an Easycare warranty. They are the best in the biz IMO. Been hassle free and I've had a few issues with my E63 (bad throttle sensor, shredded serpentine belt, worn pulleys). they are not Hondas so expect some issues. You gotta pay to play sometimes but this car is worth every penny :. Good luck with the purchase.
Appreciate the 3rd party option however my question is MB warranty specific, thanks.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:26 AM

2007 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Ronan Mc Cabe
Hi Folks,

Been lurking for a while and I am now ready (I think) to bite the cherry on an 08 E63. Vehicle I am looking at still has warranty.

1) If the vehicle is still under warranty can I purchase an extended warranty from MB (not interested in 3rd party warranties)?
2) What are the major concerns / issues / problems with 08 and pre W212 E63's (of course I am aware that maintenace costs are higher than regular W211)?
3) On a recent test drive I found "S" to be quite touchy / herky jerky in light traffic, do you folks find the same?

As a point of interest, I was extremely impressed with the power and sheer "grunt" of this vehicle.

Ronan

I believe the answer to your first question is that it depends on who sells the vehicle. If its an authorized MB dealership (Or I believe a private seller) then the vehicle can be extended under a pre-certified warranty through MB. Others can correct me if I am wrong
Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
If you buy from a MB dealer, than you can get the warranty good up to 7yrs. I did that with my 06 and have warranty thru 2013.

As far as Easycare, i had their stated care and they gave me a hassle for some items that i wanted fixed 2k miles after owning the car.
Leaky valve covers
fuel sending unit
loose command unit

They only covered the leaky valve covers and i had to foot the bill for the fuel sending unit $900!! I cancelled after 5 months owning the warranty that was for 4yrs/48k miles for $5206.00 Got back $4400

If you have a credit union, see if you can get a warranty. Much cheaper than the MB warranty

Last edited by novae500; 12-23-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by novae500
If you buy from a MB dealer, than you can get the warranty good up to 7yrs. I did that with my 06 and have warranty thru 2013.

As far as Easycare, i had their stated care and they gave me a hassle for some items that i wanted fixed 2k miles after owning the car.
Leaky valve covers
fuel sending unit
loose command unit

They only covered the leaky valve covers and i had to foot the bill for the fuel sending unit $900!! I cancelled after 5 months owning the warranty that was for 4yrs/48k miles for $5206.00 Got back $4400

If you have a credit union, see if you can get a warranty. Much cheaper than the MB warranty
Holly cow $5206 for 4 years warranty ! that's really expensive.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:36 PM

E63 AMG
Hi Folks,

Ronan
To address your questions:

1) There is a gentlemen at a Mercedes-Benz dealer in Modesto, CA that can sell you an MB ELW for a really good price. Look him up on the forum or call the dealer and ask for the person who sells extended warranties (finance manager). I had a 2 yr additional CPO warranty but have since cancelled it and went with the extended warranty thru my credit union for more time and a lower price. Regardless if it's a factory or 3rd party warranty, you need to thoroughly review the details and conditions of what is or is not covered.

2) Since owning my CPO from 6/2010, my warranty repaired issues were a faulty fuel sender unit resulting in gas fumes in the garage, a leaky windshield fluid reservoir resulting in windshield washer fluid leaking in the garage floor, camshaft adjuster resulting in an abnormal intermittent rattle at startup, glove compartment lid detached from damper resulting in the glove box not going down smoothly and lastly an intermittent rattle somewhere in the dash near the gauge cluster. IOn a side note, I'm also pretty disappointed in the sound quality from the factory Pod connector as well.

3) From my observations, S mode can be a little harsh when it down shifts from 2nd to 1st when the car is cold and has not been driven for several days or not driven in S mode for several days. Interestingly, regardless of the conditions mentioned above, it downshifts from 2nd to 1st fine if I drive the car aggressive (e.g. hard braking). It seems more like an adaptation thing with the computer. If you plan on cruising or driving the car easy, stick to C mode. If you drive the car daily or at least every other day and have a normal driving habit (non aggressive), it will be fine and not have rough 2nd to 1st gear downshifts if kept in S mode.

Last edited by nardeezy@yahoo.; 12-23-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:18 AM

Hi Folks,

Ronan
I called MB and can get an extended warranty from ANY US based dealer as long as the vehicle has not had a previous extended warranty that was canceled (it does not).
Found a dealer that will do a 3yr / 75k warranty for just under $3k which sounds ok to me (first dealer wanted $4k).

Thanks for y'all's input on my questions & Merry Christmas to everyone.