Sponsored by:

New Guy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
+1, I agree with alextaylor29 - Something better is going to come along.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpina B7
1. In speaking on the phone with "seller" over the past two weeks, never said he was selling for his parents.
2. Was told tires replaced six months ago. Only one had been replaced (unknown why one, didn't ask). Other three need immediate replacement.
3. Eight hundred more miles on car than advertised.
4. Spoke on phone with dealer. Told seller would be in possession of PPI paperwork. Not in possession. Dealer gave verbal green light, but you still want to read the PPI.
5. Advertised as showroom. Clean but not "showroom". I'm **** so.....
6. Car CLEARLY advertised as having third row (it's a '2007 E63 wagon). Oops that was put in the ad by mistake.

The car rides, sounds, runs,and totally looks fine. No damage. Probably is a decent car. I had mentally justified items 1 to 5. We had gone to the bank, handed over the cashiers check, owner signed over title. As we were back at owners house, no third seat is discovered. Wife not so pleased, as this is important. Owner sees displeasure and graciously offers to hand check back if that is deal breaker.

Owner is very nice. Each above item, individually was not a deal breaker. But the sum of all together, my wife and I just decided to walk at that point. We feel ok/relieved with that decision. We have never done anything like that before (we have also purchased cars over the Internet in the past).
Old 12-30-2011, 06:05 PM

2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
You should have just negotiated a lower price and driven it home. It's an E63 Wagon. Those are hot and rare finds!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:12 PM

2005 E55 amg
Originally Posted by BlkE55K
You should have just negotiated a lower price and driven it home. It's an E63 Wagon. Those are hot and rare finds!

+1 They are rare and awesome cars.

OP, Is it worth it if you did get it cheaper? Or in this case does it have to have everything? (Which I totally understand)

Now that you have seen it you can just get it transported too and not have to worry about the drive
Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 PM

Alpina B7
Originally Posted by SvtAmg
+1 They are rare and awesome cars.

OP, Is it worth it if you did get it cheaper? Or in this case does it have to have everything? (Which I totally understand)

Now that you have seen it you can just get it transported too and not have to worry about the drive

Yes they are awesome. But for me, the deal on this one is dead. Another one will pop up. If not buying an E63 today is my biggest problem, it's been a really good day.

We got to see old friends in Philadelphia last night. Attended mass at St. Peter and Paul there this morning. We just ate excellent paella (Tio Pepe) in Baltimore. Tomorrow we will do a quick run through Washington, D.C. We fly back to SFO tomorrow night. All good.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:31 PM

2005 E55 amg
Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
Yes they are awesome. But for me, the deal on this one is dead. Another one will pop up. If not buying an E63 today is my biggest problem, it's been a really good day.

We got to see old friends in Philadelphia last night. Attended mass at St. Peter and Paul there this morning. We just ate excellent paella (Tio Pepe) in Baltimore. Tomorrow we will do a quick run through Washington, D.C. We fly back to SFO tomorrow night. All good.
Sounds good. What colors options are you considering? I will keep my eye out on one for you.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:53 PM

Alpina B7
Svt,
Thanks. White or silver. Less than 25k miles. Un- modified. Third row seat. Clear title.

We have three cars, a vespa and numerous bicycles. Just my wife and me, so our transportation needs are way more than currently met. The wagon is a total WANT and would replace our 12 year old 4runner w/85,xxx miles (purchased via Internet pics in '03). We are in no rush.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Sorry,

But the seller was busted cold....
I know how it is--drive/fly hundreds of miles. New tires means A new tire. Others aren't close. All keys means one key with the back broken off. All books means an owners manual. Or a tire guide (for the brand tires that aren't on the car). Records means a three year old receipt from jiffy lube.
Etc,etc.
At our store,we try to explain this to folks. Until you have experienced it,no idea how frustrating it is.Hang in, it will appear.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Sorry to hear it was a bust Art. But don't rush it, you will find what you want or something even better.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:09 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
Sorry to hear it went South. Brought you to the forum anyway, might be the best place to find one..............

OVE.com - Online Vehicle Exchange
You have searched for the following:

Car>
Mercedes-Benz>
E63 AMG>
All Trims>
2007-2012>
All Facilitation Locations>
All Sellers

Save Search Criteria

No vehicles match your search criteria.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
I love my E63, sorry it didn't work out, but look forward to seeing the one you do buy!