Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
No matter how fast the car can be with an automatic, you'll never feel like your actually driving the car without a proper manual gearbox. There's something so cool about that shifting motion and controlling the car. Your whole body is one with it. Sure, the paddle shifters/tiptronic is extremely fast, but it's not as exciting. It's like a video game. My friend has a Z06. I'd never buy that car, not my cup of tea, more of an AMG/Ferrari kinda guy. But when he gets in and turns it on, he drives that car. That car relys on him to do everything. When I get in my Mercedes-Benz, I steer my car. I'd love a manual AMG for my own personal fun.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
No matter how fast the car can be with an automatic, you'll never feel like your actually driving the car without a proper manual gearbox. There's something so cool about that shifting motion and controlling the car. Your whole body is one with it. Sure, the paddle shifters/tiptronic is extremely fast, but it's not as exciting. It's like a video game. My friend has a Z06. I'd never buy that car, not my cup of tea, more of an AMG/Ferrari kinda guy. But when he gets in and turns it on, he drives that car. That car relys on him to do everything. When I get in my Mercedes-Benz, I steer my car. I'd love a manual AMG for my own personal fun.
I agree, I used to love my M3 for that very reason. I used to shift for no reason but it suits the car and the Z06 suits a manual too. Imagine an auto Z06, disgusting. AMGs however represent another type of vehicle, it's hard to explain it and maybe I'm alone in this feeling but the long gears and the sound of the engine really suit an auto. I've driven the E63, the gearbox is great however I don't know why but I love the long gears of the 5 spd. Just look at what we hit at the top of 3rd