Sponsored by:

World's First - GTR vs Veyron Drag Race Video at PBIR 12/28/11 unedited

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Sack, you're right. I'm sure the bugs engineers were 100% concerned with what this car would do at a drag strip.

Jeez who would buy one of these cars even if you had the dough.

For that price dude should have just bought a top fuel drag car to sytfu...
Old 01-19-2012, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
The Veyron is a fantastic machine that never stops amazing me...until we talk about the price. It's so insanely expensive that all the amazing things about just aren't that amazing anymore. With $1M+ I could probably build a car from scratch that quicker than a Veyron and maybe even better looking....lol.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by tgoss
Sack, you're right. I'm sure the bugs engineers were 100% concerned with what this car would do at a drag strip.

Jeez who would buy one of these cars even if you had the dough.

For that price dude should have just bought a top fuel drag car to sytfu...
Lol Goss,

The only thing to smtfu will be when you bring your GTR (incoming) and smoke Veyron's ****!

Advance congrats to you on that new rocket ship.

Sack
Old 01-20-2012, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Edit: OLD NEWS. Worth repeating.

This is an old thread but...

Have y'all seen the episode of Top Gear pitting the Veyron against the new McClaren F1 in a one mile race on a highway in the UAE? It took the Veyron an awfully long time to pass the McClaren. They didn't give intermediate times, but I would guess that the McClaren was still ahead at a 1/4 mile or more. Weight does matter.

Wayne

Last edited by venchka; 01-20-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by sack5000
Lol Goss,

The only thing to smtfu will be when you bring your GTR (incoming) and smoke Veyron's ****!

Advance congrats to you on that new rocket ship.

Sack
Thanks man, much appreciated.

I hope you know I meant no disrespect. Not my personality at all. Just bustin' some *****
Old 01-21-2012, 01:11 PM

Magnum SRT8 + Magnum R/T
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
Nice shots, M. Didn't know you were a member here too Your brother has nice taste in cars, as do you

Very nice pics.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by sack5000
Still amazes me to read the flood of excuses for the Veyron.

Guys this is the most powerful production car in the universe with 16 cylinders and four turbos. So it had a few pounds in the front seat. It cost 1 (million).

If it has the power, then bring it, and let's see it beat 10 seconds. After all, for one million you don't want people to think you are only a panty dropper and semi-fast.

Finally who would spend a million on a car and get smoked by a Chevy (ZR1)?
You bench racing here?
Or just going by what you found to be the fastest ZR1 time in the 1/4 m?

Few things to consider:
How many examples are there of a ZR1 hitting the 1/4 mile track in comparison to the veron? (try and use law of averages, and how it effects results )

Do you honestly believe that in a real street race on normal roads, a ZR1 would take on one of the most powerful and fastest cars on the planet from a dig...not to mention pssst hint hint 4wd ... something a GTR is having a hard time with...a GTR ffs

I have seen the ZR1 in the real world and like any other very power rear wheel drive car with butt loads of trq...you can forget racing in 1rst gear

yes we know its beyond expensive...but this car is not meant for the normal average folk, or the rich for that matter. Its a statement that VW made to the world and the car industry, that they are and still remain the king of speed.

I recall some where reading that each one they make they are actually selling at cost or loss, not sure if this is true.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
You bench racing here?
Or just going by what you found to be the fastest ZR1 time in the 1/4 m?

Few things to consider:
How many examples are there of a ZR1 hitting the 1/4 mile track in comparison to the veron? (try and use law of averages, and how it effects results )

Do you honestly believe that in a real street race on normal roads, a ZR1 would take on one of the most powerful and fastest cars on the planet from a dig...not to mention pssst hint hint 4wd ... something a GTR is having a hard time with...a GTR ffs

I have seen the ZR1 in the real world and like any other very power rear wheel drive car with butt loads of trq...you can forget racing in 1rst gear

yes we know its beyond expensive...but this car is not meant for the normal average folk, or the rich for that matter. Its a statement that VW made to the world and the car industry, that they are and still remain the king of speed.

I recall some where reading that each one they make they are actually selling at cost or loss, not sure if this is true.
He was being sarcastic I believe.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:45 AM

2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
Originally Posted by GT-ER
He was being sarcastic I believe.
If you guys click my link, you earlier in this thread, you will see a ZR1 beating a Veyron.