W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers & Fuel rail installed. Pics & Vids!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Why is my face all blurred out???!!!

Your dyno numbers are lower than I would have expected, but you are doing mods in a different order than I did, and you are going with top quality. I had PLM headers for a while, and finally did LT's.

I know we measured that pulley, but I think it is a 168. Our method was not very scientific.

Since you are doing all the mods, and Br_ _ n has a zietronix he doesn't need... Get the logging!

The things that came to mind when I saw your numbers:

Low boost (smaller pulley than we thought)

High IAT's (A bad, or slow pump will let IAT's get high, and with a 168, maybe not high enough to shut down SC, but high enought to pull timing)

OR- Everything is just fine, and we just need to add MORE. FYI- MORE is Better than LESS!!!

Last edited by Bramage; 01-08-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Here is the list of things you need to do. In order:

Heat Exchanger
Pump (Minimally test it, I have a new spare if you need it)
Data Logging
Pulley (Maybe try the "adjustable" and start with 180 or 185. You can always change the ring. I would not go smaller than 180.
Throttle Body

My last run on Jeremy's dyno was 492/599. That should give you an idea of the direction I am sending you. Those numbers were with short tube headers and cats / 180 pulley. I hope to see Jeremy next Saturday to finish my current build.

NOTE: When I did LT headers and removed cats, I lost 1.5 psi of boost. So think about that when you size your pulley. IAT's be damned. Yes I run meth, but driving around town as I do, my AIT's are 12 - 18 degrees over ambient with a 190 pulley. That is more than acceptable.

Jeremy did send me a tune for the LT-s That put down 526 / 598 sae corr on on a Dyno Jet, and it missed peak torque entirely. With the new pulley, I want a legit (on dyno) tune.

Outrun: I have been on a couple different dynos, and they always strap front wheels. When you are putting down 600+ rwtrq, they want to supplement the rear straps. Some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrCNz...eature=related

Last edited by Bramage; 01-08-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Good point about the IC pump......

It seems like they always go bad, so you might as well swap a new one on there just to be sure. Who knows? You might have some easy power gains just sitting there waiting..... And you'll never get a better HP/$$ ratio than replacing a defective IC pump!

-G
Old 01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by Bramage
Why is my face all blurred out???!!!

Your dyno numbers are lower than I would have expected, but you are doing mods in a different order than I did, and you are going with top quality. I had PLM headers for a while, and finally did LT's.

I know we measured that pulley, but I think it is a 168. Our method was not very scientific.

Since you are doing all the mods, and Br_ _ n has a zietronix he doesn't need... Get the logging!

The things that came to mind when I saw your numbers:

Low boost (smaller pulley than we thought)

High IAT's (A bad, or slow pump will let IAT's get high, and with a 168, maybe not high enough to shut down SC, but high enought to pull timing)

OR- Everything is just fine, and we just need to add MORE. FYI- MORE is Better than LESS!!!

The faces are blurred out... for the sake of those viewing the pics! Nah, some people are strange about privacy... and you had wicked red-eye going with an up-nostril shot

You've got a spare "bilge pump", as Other Den calls it? I might pick that up from you. And if I'm going with a 180, might as well go with a 190, eh? I don't use the upper end of the RPM band very often, so I'd like the added low and mid-range tork. My goal is to hit 600rwtq, which should make for an acceptable DD.

I want to see your new numbers when you go back up to see Jeremy.

We should meet up for dinner or gentlemen's club one night and talk about heat exchanger specifics.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
With a nose as big as mine, there are very few angles that are not "Up Nostril"

Originally Posted by Denroll
The faces are blurred out... for the sake of those viewing the pics! Nah, some people are strange about privacy... and you had wicked red-eye going with an up-nostril shot

You've got a spare "bilge pump", as Other Den calls it? I might pick that up from you. And if I'm going with a 180, might as well go with a 190, eh? I don't use the upper end of the RPM band very often, so I'd like the added low and mid-range tork. My goal is to hit 600rwtq, which should make for an acceptable DD.

I want to see your new numbers when you go back up to see Jeremy.

We should meet up for dinner or gentlemen's club one night and talk about heat exchanger specifics.