Notices
W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty

 
Old 01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, Evo 8
Extended Warranty

I was reluctant to buy the extended warranty as I thought it would be a total rip off. I spoke to Bruce at Becks Imports and ge really guided me through the process. I ended up buying the warranty from Bruce and all I can say is THank yoy Bruce!!!!

I have had the car since last April. So far I am over $5k on repairs. Total out of pocket is $400.

I just picked the car up 30 mins ago. Work completed this time around under warranty- valve cover gaskets leaking, trans seal leaking, ac compressor replaced, air matic suspensoon pump replaced. Need I say more. If your on the fence dont be. 2 trips to the stealership will equal the investment on the warranty.

Thanks again Bruce
glima is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Calabasas
Posts: 444
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Flint Grey E55
Originally Posted by glima View Post
I was reluctant to buy the extended warranty as I thought it would be a total rip off. I spoke to Bruce at Becks Imports and ge really guided me through the process. I ended up buying the warranty from Bruce and all I can say is THank yoy Bruce!!!!

I have had the car since last April. So far I am over $5k on repairs. Total out of pocket is $400.

I just picked the car up 30 mins ago. Work completed this time around under warranty- valve cover gaskets leaking, trans seal leaking, ac compressor replaced, air matic suspensoon pump replaced. Need I say more. If your on the fence dont be. 2 trips to the stealership will equal the investment on the warranty.

Thanks again Bruce
Would you please PM me his contact information. Thanks
AKxSpyO is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 07:56 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, Evo 8
He is on the forum s all the time. Google Beck Imports. Let me know if you have trouble. Tell him Gus sent you
Originally Posted by AKxSpyO View Post
Would you please PM me his contact information. Thanks
glima is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 AM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
alextaylor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Posts: 1,096
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Yes extended warranties are a MUST with this car. I have a CNA one and it's already covered nearly $10K in repairs over the past 3 years. Out of pocket for me has been around $800 (some stuff they don't cover.)

One of the reason's I recommend buying your next MB/AMG at Carmax (I don't work for them) as they offer CNA warranties which you can't buy aftermarket. For the price you pay for the warranty and the resulting covering you recieve, they're the best in the biz!

My $.02.

Alex
alextaylor29 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by glima View Post
I was reluctant to buy the extended warranty as I thought it would be a total rip off. I spoke to Bruce at Becks Imports and ge really guided me through the process. I ended up buying the warranty from Bruce and all I can say is THank yoy Bruce!!!!

I have had the car since last April. So far I am over $5k on repairs. Total out of pocket is $400.

I just picked the car up 30 mins ago. Work completed this time around under warranty- valve cover gaskets leaking, trans seal leaking, ac compressor replaced, air matic suspensoon pump replaced. Need I say more. If your on the fence dont be. 2 trips to the stealership will equal the investment on the warranty.

Thanks again Bruce
total out of pocket is warranty price + $400 right?

your warranty didn't cost $400 did it? that's not the quote I got!
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 10:52 PM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, Evo 8
Warranty price is a given.
Originally Posted by Toadster View Post
total out of pocket is warranty price + $400 right?

your warranty didn't cost $400 did it? that's not the quote I got!
glima is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 11:02 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by glima View Post
Warranty price is a given.
true, but it's good to keep track of that base price to see when you break even...

I've had the same experience with my GMC Denali - we got the warranty because these big SUV's really get beat down - just the transfer case alone was $5k in repairs and thankfully covered by the warranty

nice thing is that warranty only cost us $2.5k - so we had it paid off in spades
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 AM
  #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, Evo 8
The EW is NAC And it is purchased from Bruce at Beck Imports.
glima is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by glima View Post
The EW is NAC And it is purchased from Bruce at Beck Imports.
he has VERY good pricing - glad it's working well for you, I haven't heard a bad story about NAC - so it's solid!
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Peter_02AMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 1,856
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
My CPO warranty run out in June 2012. MB FO is asking $3,500 for a 3 yr 36K miles extended warranty from a company call National. Is this a good price or insurance company to deal with?
Peter_02AMG is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG View Post
My CPO warranty run out in June 2012. MB FO is asking $3,500 for a 3 yr 36K miles extended warranty from a company call National. Is this a good price or insurance company to deal with?
that seems pretty cheap - but most likely because you're still on CPO
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:40 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG View Post
My CPO warranty run out in June 2012. MB FO is asking $3,500 for a 3 yr 36K miles extended warranty from a company call National. Is this a good price or insurance company to deal with?
That is most likely NAC. NAC = National Auto Care Same warranty company that Becks sells, but probably at a higher price.

FWIW, I bought my NAC Platinum warranty for $2k. 4 years, 50k, $50 ded.
WPOZZZ is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM
  #13  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55 AMG 2002
I have a S55 AMG 2001 and it as 102000 miles, do you think they can give me a warranty for that? let me know or give me their info and see if they can give me.
Mzee is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 08:33 PM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, Evo 8
Wow! You got a smoken deal.
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
That is most likely NAC. NAC = National Auto Care Same warranty company that Becks sells, but probably at a higher price.

FWIW, I bought my NAC Platinum warranty for $2k. 4 years, 50k, $50 ded.
glima is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by glima View Post
Wow! You got a smoken deal.
No joke! I want on that!
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: staten Island ny
Posts: 171
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 cls 55 amg
I have 06 cls 55 for 2.5 years 25,000 dollars in repairs. New trans, seat, window motor, sub frame ,2 sets of mounts trans and engine ,gaskets,tie rods,2 airshocks,
meinersk is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: staten Island ny
Posts: 171
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 cls 55 amg
Intercooler pump and lots more. All covered 100 deductible .price was 2700 dollars including nav for 4 years or 40000 miles I believe. Company name E something. This is number to company not broker.don't tell them I sent you lol. They will not cover you lol best contract I ever signed.877-838-3322. I got from extended car warranty but they are brokers . If u can get this company they covered so much already
meinersk is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
all sorts of different prices in here... what's the average price on the platinum warranties?

I'm seeing everything from $2-7K! that's a HUGE range!
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 02:37 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Originally Posted by glima View Post
Wow! You got a smoken deal.
Originally Posted by Toadster View Post
No joke! I want on that!
Originally Posted by Toadster View Post
all sorts of different prices in here... what's the average price on the platinum warranties?

I'm seeing everything from $2-7K! that's a HUGE range!
I got mine through my credit union. Remember, they are member owned, so there really isn't much of a markup on the product, unlike dealers.

They also offered me a 4/50 EW on my RX330 for $1k.
WPOZZZ is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 03:55 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
anyone here use National Warranty Company?
http://www.nwc.biz/defaultnew.aspx
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:46 PM
  #21  
Former Vendor of MBWorld
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 730
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLima, thanks for the reco. You're making out like a bandit. What's amazing is that you are already 'in the black' and you still have YEARS to go on your plan!

A few things:

1. NWC is ok, but I'd recommend them more for domestic/asian cars. You might run into problems where they want to send in 3rd part parts, or only allow for book rate which is less than dealer in most cases. They're not a bad outfit, but would not be my first choice for MB where you havwe to go to the dealer a lot.

2. Plan prices DO vary widely. They are based on year of car, model, miles. Risk ratings go from A1 all the way through E6, which are 30 different categories of pricing. then the plan you want, and the term, add another set of pricing variables!

3. WPOZZ, I'd like to see more detail on what you got. NAC does not have Platinum it's called Pinnacle, and the prices you quote are well below cost. Sometimes a dealer that gets physical pricing, which is lower than internet pricing (since internet cars carry more risk), will sell it cheaper and I can't compete. But the risk is they are violating their agreement and the plan could be voided in the future. Although that is a small risk. I would guess your cars were also very low miles.

4. I quote at 12.9% over my cost, and I lose 2.9% to the CC company for processing master/visa payment by phone without the card or customer being present at time of sale. And since I am here for help AFTER the sale, and I have helped out a lot of people over time, that's the lowest margin I can work on.

If anyone needs a quote, please email me car VIN# and odometer reading to [email protected]. Prices just went up on January 1st, and model year eligibility for Pinnacle plan is now 2005 as the oldest. But I do have a couple of paper contracts I can still sneak in.

Thanks!

Bruce
Becks Imports is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Peter_02AMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 1,856
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by Toadster View Post
anyone here use National Warranty Company?
http://www.nwc.biz/defaultnew.aspx
I inquired about an extended warranty for my AMG and the Vice president operations reply with "AMG model is not eligible for coverage under our plan" and they do not market directly to consumers.
Peter_02AMG is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
dr_brains510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Do these extended warranties work for California residents that own an E55? The reason I ask is b/c almost all I've contacted do not offer it.
dr_brains510 is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 03:49 PM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 4,051
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG View Post
I inquired about an extended warranty for my AMG and the Vice president operations reply with "AMG model is not eligible for coverage under our plan" and they do not market directly to consumers.
the dealer offered it to me, it's what they use all the time... it's a $500 adder for AMG

Last edited by Toadster; 01-30-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Toadster is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Originally Posted by Becks Imports View Post

3. WPOZZ, I'd like to see more detail on what you got. NAC does not have Platinum it's called Pinnacle, and the prices you quote are well below cost. Sometimes a dealer that gets physical pricing, which is lower than internet pricing (since internet cars carry more risk), will sell it cheaper and I can't compete. But the risk is they are violating their agreement and the plan could be voided in the future. Although that is a small risk. I would guess your cars were also very low miles.

Thanks!

Bruce
I just checked and it was actually $2145.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
E55 Warranty.pdf (70.5 KB, 232 views)
WPOZZZ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: