W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's trying to break records this year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Maybe you two are having a communication problem. I don't think anyone doubted that you would break into the tens, including Craig. The objection was to the fact that you were insisting that it was "easy." Maybe that word needs to be defined.
You don't want to come off as you're "thumbing your nose" at everyone who has fell short of the 10.99 benchmark.
Me and Craig are cool now. I'm not going to say its easy because it isn't but it's do-able if you really want too. I felt like when I said I was going to run 10's at full weight then go for the record everyone didn't even think I would break the 10 second barrier at all. As those that have ran in the 10's know it's not as easy as it sounds and I will be the first to admit that. I ran a 11.08 off the trailer not even trying only to back it up with a 11.66 when It wouldnt shift and I was very worried at that point. Jerry has the shifting issue figured out And I'm looking for a LSD now so things are coming together. We need to get all of us together this fall and have some side by side 10 second passes and try to catch Ahmad lol.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I cant wait to get my 10 sec slip, after this round of mods and money invested, I hope to become part of the club.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I cant wait to get my 10 sec slip, after this round of mods and money invested, I hope to become part of the club.
You will the first time out
Old 02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Haha if I can get the damn thing to run on all 8 cylinders it might put up a number. Wheels are in motion.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
You will the first time out
HAHA, thanks Steve. Thats what I told myself last time, but as close to a 10 as you can get without actually geting it.

To say I was disappointed was an understatement I actually listed the car for sale for about a week
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
It will be that much more gratifying when you break through Craig. Your close, stick with it.
Can't wait to get all the beasts lined up at the same event. I'll tell you right now, with all the mods you have over mine, I want a spot and the leave!

Ahmad's car is going to be in a different league once it's all sorted out.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by lowprofile
It will be that much more gratifying when you break through Craig. Your close, stick with it.
Can't wait to get all the beasts lined up at the same event. I'll tell you right now, with all the mods you have over mine, I want a spot and the leave!

Ahmad's car is going to be in a different league once it's all sorted out.

Yeah, Ahmads car is going to make all of ours look like we have just dropped a boat anchor

As for the spot and leave, I will spot you the opportunity of leaving second Giving you the spot and leave, will have me looking at your tails the whole way down the track
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
We need to have a small rental when we all get together and do some roll racing too. There were cars running from a roll last time well past the 1/4 mark. MIR has a HUGE shut down area. I think its like 3000ft.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
HAHA, thanks Steve. Thats what I told myself last time, but as close to a 10 as you can get without actually geting it.
Welcome to the "almost 10's club". I've been a member for a while now.

I really REALLY don't want to just throw money at my time slip to get me there. I could've been there last season, most likely, had I done that. I want to do it as a tune-only car. Or, really close to a tune only car. Everyone has their own definition of what a tune-only car is. I guess since I added aftermarket filters, and removed my mufflers, I'm not technically a tune-only car.

Congrats again to E55amgRocket. Lots of time and dedication went into that 10sec slip.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

I really REALLY don't want to just throw money at my time slip to get me there. I could've been there last season, most likely, had I done that. I want to do it as a tune-only car. Or, really close to a tune only car. Everyone has their own definition of what a tune-only car is. I guess since I added aftermarket filters, and removed my mufflers, I'm not technically a tune-only car.

Congrats again to E55amgRocket. Lots of time and dedication went into that 10sec slip.
Next rental i'm bringing my big generator and were going to have 3 fans cooling that V12 off. I remember years ago a guy was using a leaf blower to cool his car off and everyone laughed but man that thing worked like you wouldn't believe. He would sit there for 10 minutes blowing the engine after every pass. We will get you in the 10's next time for sure.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

Damn Clayton, we would have some EPIC battles mang, our times are very close
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

you will get it my friend...you will get it....then stop modding like me lololol