W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have problems with B. Gorman?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
He can make all the excuses, but still keeps the member's $$$. That isn't right.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Blah blah blah billy! Shady customer service, shady product get you where you are. You can critique my character all you want, difference between me and you is when I say I'm gonna do something I do it. You talks peoplea money, you hold it forever and you deliver crapy products. That is clearly detailed in this posting. You can hate the messenger, but you made your bed so you lay in it. Ohhhh..... I will actually pray for you as well. You seem to need it more then me.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
http://g35driver.com/forums/6305724-post20.html
Old 01-27-2012, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
I don't buy the whole "it's a hobby" crap. You take someone's money it is no longer a hobby, it becomes a business.

Do the right thing and reimburse the op.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PetroC63
I don't buy the whole "it's a hobby" crap. You take someone's money it is no longer a hobby, it becomes a business.

Do the right thing and reimburse the op.
Funny, just heard from markcali and you still owe him. Classic! Real stand up guy you are! Always love people that use Jesus Christ as a crutch while the take advantage of innocent people. It is also nice to see you moved on to another forum to sponsor and take advantage of people.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Totally heinous!!!

While I have dealt with many vendors on this forum the ONLY one I truly trust and believe I haven't had the opportunity to give money to....yet : Kleemann.

EVERYONE else has the potential to *** you or just plan spins the truth to their benefit.
Not trying to be overly negative...just lessons Ive learned here and on other forums.

Good luck to the op, and thanks for serving.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 / CLS63
Not defending B Gorman in anyway whatsoever, I've been screwed in the past by vendors so I know how it feels.. my question is, if everyone in this thread has had problems, some it seems as much as a year ago, why did NO ONE ever post ANYTHING about the situation? There is a thread in the wheel/tire section pages and pages long about wheels he has for sale and yet no one has ever posted anything. You wind up hurting the community and it's members more by not sharing your experiences whether good or bad!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Most people don't want confrontation. People like gorman know this and take advantage of it. He pushes them to the point that after all this time they are just happy to be done with him. Then there are some that get to the point they voice out and then the others follow. This is what you are currently seeing.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by emoving
Most people don't want confrontation. People like gorman know this and take advantage of it. He pushes them to the point that after all this time they are just happy to be done with him. Then there are some that get to the point they voice out and then the others follow. This is what you are currently seeing.
Exactly!!!! Didn't want to even hear his name any more.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:25 PM

S63 / CLS63
Understood, but after you have gotten your product and it is no good, you ahve to draw the line. I guess the biggest mistake to start with is paying by cash or check, you have no recourse and at the mercy of the vendor in question. If you wanted to pursue it you could go to small claims or even contact the local police for "theft" if you have sent money to someone and they do not respond to you and it has been months. There is a difference though between online and in person confrontation, I'm the kind of guy that will always try to resolve a situation, but if we are talking thousdands of dollars.. there is no question in my mind that I would voice my opinion loud and clear.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:45 PM

2004 Lexus LS430 UL
I was referred to B.Gorman from a buddy who had custom wheels made for his Audi A5. I understood that he did this in his spare time and was ready to accept the fact that he couldn't devote 100% of his time to it. I am an extremely patient person, and I did wait 6 months for my wheels to be rebuilt.

My wheels had strange Japanese bolt patterns, so new barrels had to be ordered which took quite a while. After that, they needed to be chromed but his chrome guy ran into problems from last years storm. The chrome shop was flooded, so he had to find an alternate solution. After getting everything back from the chromers, Bill could have assembled them and sent them to me. He did however advise me of a small potential for wheels to go out of round because the face of my wheels didn't fit perfectly flush/against the barrels. If I hit a big pothole, the face may shift a half a mm and throw everything off balance. He offered a solution to machine metal bands and attach to the back of the wheel face to get everything to fit nice and snug.

I finally got the wheels back last week and they're phenomenal. My dreams have come true, and the wait and patience I had paid off. Here's a pic for you guys that want to see his work...the trademark black powdercoated inner barrels.

Now the whole internet mob mentality is starting to take effect, and it's really uncalled for. Each individual has their own situation and circumstances behind any issues that come up. There's always two sides to a story and communication is key. I've learned in my 35 years that the more calm and patient you are, the happier you will be...that's just me. Drive your car, give it a nice detail, go talk cars with some buddies. Buy some other parts to satisfy your need to mod, while you wait. Remember that B.Gorman has a full life of his own outside of wheel building, and he has a lot of builds "in queue" at any one given time. Give the guy a break and let each person deal with him on an individual basis, instead of taking the side of the mob being formed.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:29 PM

2004 Lexus LS430 UL
Originally Posted by FromM3toE55
he seems to be active on g35drivers
I have no idea why you even brought G35driver up, but since you did I am a long time member, former moderator who wholly vouches for the good spirit of B.Gorman.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cute, he is sending his fan boys in the thread now. His other MO is to make you wait past the Paypaland Visa time limits so you have no recourse through them. If you buy crap from him, which is a joke at best, I wouldn't send a dime until product is ready to be shipped. When is theist te you sent someone 4 grand for something that was to be mailed 6 months from now. That's a joke
Old 01-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250 Coupe
You're a soldier, right? Did they teach you how to fight a "war of attrition"? Because, unfortunately that's where you are at. Your options: 1) keep feeding your bleeding ulcer by obsessing over the money 2) sue him in small claims court 3) enjoy your family and don't waste any more time, money, and energy
Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 PM

2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
Originally Posted by waijai
I have no idea why you even brought G35driver up, but since you did I am a long time member, former moderator who wholly vouches for the good spirit of B.Gorman.
You're also a troll on this board with zero credibility.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ImmaBeSmug2
You're a soldier, right? Did they teach you how to fight a "war of attrition"? Because, unfortunately that's where you are at. Your options: 1) keep feeding your bleeding ulcer by obsessing over the money 2) sue him in small claims court 3) enjoy your family and don't waste any more time, money, and energy
Listen to this *****! LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 06:44 PM

2004 Lexus LS430 UL
Originally Posted by BlkE55K
You're also a troll on this board with zero credibility.
You are wrong. I am not a troll. I'm an active enthusiast on several other forums, and my credibility is not in question. I also have four close friends who are very active MB enthusiasts owning a C63, CLS63, E55, and another C63. I myself am considering an S550. If you have a problem with that, I hope you get over it some day.

If the mob wants to start attacking me, I will just LOL.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are wrong. I am not a troll. I'm an active enthusiast on several other forums, and my credibility is not in question. I also have four close friends who are very active MB enthusiasts owning a C63, CLS63, E55, and another C63. I myself am considering an S550. If you have a problem with that, I hope you get over it some day.

S550....LOL there's a real enthusiast car! Troll on troller! Just happens to find yourself in the w211 AMG section huh.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 PM

2004 Lexus LS430 UL

S550....LOL there's a real enthusiast car! Troll on troller! Just happens to find yourself in the w211 AMG section huh.

LOL LOL LOL so easy....
Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon

I won't attack, but will ask a couple questions, if you'll indulge me.

Are you stating that Bill did not solicit you to post a positive review in this thread? If not, how does someone with very little posts in this forum find this thread? Especially when that person doesn't even own the vehicle of which the section of the thread is posted.

You can understand why some people are questioning your participation in this thread.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:07 PM

2004 Lexus LS430 UL
1. No, Bill didn't solicit me into participating on this thread.

2. I found this thread because of friend of mine was looking for wheels for his Audi A4. I know Bill sells on MBWorld, so I came looking at what he had in inventory. He always has great wheels at a great price. The for sale thread had a link here in the last post, so that's how I came to read this.

3. Who did you deal with to get your Vossen wheels? One of the owners is a buddy of mine.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon

2. I found this thread because of friend of mine was looking for wheels for his Audi A4. I know Bill sells on MBWorld, so I came looking at what he had in inventory. He always has great wheels at a great price. The for sale thread had a link here in the last post, so that's how I came to read this.

3. Who did you deal with to get your Vossen wheels? One of the owners is a buddy of mine.
Hell of a coincidence, but I suppose anything is possible.

You're friends with Jav? Tell him Clayton says hi. He knows me...
Old 01-27-2012, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Damn, so this is where all the dirt has been on mbworld lol. B Gorman sounds like he is scamming people. I hope you guys get your money back If not already, definitely file credit card disputes over the payments.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Baaaaa haaaaaaaa! Head back to the Lexus forums there big guy! Your Sclass buddies are waiting for you there. S550
Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 PM

So because you had a good experience with this person means that all the other complaints lodged against him are invalid? There are clearly several problems with the work he has performed other members. Why should they give a guy a break who runs a business, accepts money from other people, then doesn't perform the expected work? That is how scammers always operate..they want people to deal with them on an "individual" basis only and they don't want any word of their shady practices to get out into the open. That's how their racket can continue for so long.

Now the whole internet mob mentality is starting to take effect, and it's really uncalled for. Each individual has their own situation and circumstances behind any issues that come up. There's always two sides to a story and communication is key. I've learned in my 35 years that the more calm and patient you are, the happier you will be...that's just me. Drive your car, give it a nice detail, go talk cars with some buddies. Buy some other parts to satisfy your need to mod, while you wait. Remember that B.Gorman has a full life of his own outside of wheel building, and he has a lot of builds "in queue" at any one given time. Give the guy a break and let each person deal with him on an individual basis, instead of taking the side of the mob being formed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have problems with B. Gorman?