W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have problems with B. Gorman?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
Anyone else have problems with B. Gorman?

I bought a set of Vellano wheels from B. Gorman last may, during the transaction we got to talking and Bill said he wanted to sponsor my car and do a bunch of cosmetic work, lip kit, powder coated brakes, tint, drop, CF, etc. The cost to me came in at 1500, which seemed to be a good price. Bill drove from Pa to NJ to pick up my car(since I am deployed to Afghanistan) the last week of August. He had my car for two and a half months and managed to put my wheels on, and the lip kit I bought. I had been in contact with Bill the entire time he had my car and informed him on almost a daily basis during November of the time frame for which I would return to the US for my mid-tour leave. When I arrived home I had to wait 72hrs to get my car from him. This might not seem bad to some, but, I only get 15 days off during a 12 month deployment and it had been 8 months since I had seen my wife and daughter, so, driving to Pa to pick up my car at 8:30 on a saturday night wasn't in my plan of things to do. This made me mad because he swore to me that the car would be finished and in my driveway waiting for the day that i got home. Bill, completed nearly nothing in 10 weeks. He had the wrong tires on the car that were two different brands, the center caps were wrong and damaged and there is a nice long scratch in one of the wheel lips. Being the non-confrontational person that I am, I didn't want to seem too angry when I picked my car up, plus I wanted my money back and getting into a face to face argument didnt seem to be the best route to recover my funds. So I sent him an email after I returned to Afghanistan 12 days later citing how unhappy I was and what I expected from him. He replied and wanted to make everything right but he needed a few weeks to get the money together because he just restocked his shelves with parts. This I can understand, but that was seven weeks ago. I have sent him numerous emails asking him for a response and nothing. When I was doing business with him and he sent me an invoice, my payments were prompt. I would even be willing to work out a payment plan with him if the 1350, 4 correct tires, 4 correct center caps, suvneer fog lights, and stock wheels that he owes me is hard to produce at one time. But now I am running real low on patience, and I am considering having a lawyer handle this for me. What do you guys think? I will post our emails if I wasnt descript enough.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Post everything you got. When will these vendors realize. Hopefully he will chime in and resolve the issue.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,396 Likes on 2,843 Posts
2012 CLS63
a majority of vendors cannot be trusted.......they're like vultures around here
just waiting for you guys!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Yep, Markcali had problems. Gave him 4500 and no wheels for months. Stopped answering phone calls. I told hin to requst his money back. After multiple calls, I think he may have recieved it back. He also had the carbon paint done by the other member here, and he said it looked like complete crap. Peeling, runs and all. He had to have the trim all removed and repainted by a professional body shop. These little wana be vendors are a joke. Oh and by the way, incase you have not noticed, BGorman is no longer a sponsor.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
This is a good place to vent, and to let other potential buyers know what you've encounterd with B Gorman.
At this point the vendor is leaving you NO Choice but to seek an attorney?

Good Luck -

And Be Safe
Old 01-27-2012, 09:24 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
New or Used wheels from B.Gorman

Not A great Ideal!! I brought a set of used Fiskes Wheels a while , I was told by the description one wheel had some minor curb rash and could be easily polished out. I phone him and Asked about the condition of the other wheels. He indicated they were in very good condition, No Bends or scrapes and that he would run them on his wife's car, ( Apparently he doesn't care for her that Much) and the Check was to be made out to her ?? . That was the 1st indicator something was not Right !! I noticed in the pictures they were covered with Brake dust & Road Grime. I asked if he could clean them up a little before he would ship them to me. B. Gorman , Said the water at the shop was really Hard & That the water would leave mineral spots & Stains ! This was the second indicator ! I ignored.

Well they came as promised dirty, And after 3 hours of cleaning them up I found out why!!. The 2 front wheels Had badly bent inter-barrells .080 out of round?? The other front wheel outside Barrel some curb damage and was dented. . Both rear wheels Had light curb Rash, , Other than the one wheel curb rash as he indicated in the sales listing, None of the above was exposed or noted . I did try to contact B.Gorman by E-mail several times . No replies . Imagine that?? Thats was the 3rd indicator

So I excepted this as my learning curve for buying used wheels. So I took
them to the shop & Chuck them up in the lathed And did a .040 cut too remove the rash & deep cuts. Then took them over too Alloy Wheel repair . That guy was straight up. $600.00 later , He brought back my wheels , Had all the edges & Lips polished , And the run out down to .015. The front inter-barrells down to
.020 run out. They balanced up nicely with minimum weight & No Wheel shake !
Would I Buy any more stuff from B. Gorman . Not NO , Hell NO!!
Please let this be a lesson for those whom are thinking about dealing with B. Gorman Cheers _PTEngineering
Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He is a scammer, I bet the wheels he sells as BBS, HRE and the likes are not even real. I hope everyone involved get their money back.

He sold a local guy here some BBS wheels, well on the front wheels the lips were screwed to the outside of the centers (meaning you could see the flang) and ther 2 rears the lips were screwed to the inside of the centers!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Good thing i didnt go with him or the carbon fiber dip guy!!! Both have been pretty much MIA once they business blew up and couldnt keep up??? But sure enjoyed the $$$ coming into their pockets....
Old 01-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
and then when member like me try to offer stuff for sale the **** mods delete the thread and ban me. It seems all these vendors have cash flow issues.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by emoving
Yep, Markcali had problems. Gave him 4500 and no wheels for months. Stopped answering phone calls. I told hin to requst his money back. After multiple calls, I think he may have recieved it back. He also had the carbon paint done by the other member here, and he said it looked like complete crap. Peeling, runs and all. He had to have the trim all removed and repainted by a professional body shop. These little wana be vendors are a joke. Oh and by the way, incase you have not noticed, BGorman is no longer a sponsor.
Whoa I almost spent $3k on rims with him. Seems like a straight shooter but as for sponser he did t want to pay fees anymore apparently.

Originally Posted by shardul
and then when member like me try to offer stuff for sale the **** mods delete the thread and ban me. It seems all these vendors have cash flow issues.
+1
Old 01-27-2012, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tbal
Whoa I almost spent $3k on rims with him. Seems like a straight shooter but as for sponser he did t want to pay fees anymore apparently.

+1
I wouldnt send him a dime. I have been trying to help Markcali get his money back. Scary situation to send some yahoo 4gs and get nothing!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 AM

05 E55
I will be posting our emails over the last 7 weeks tonight
Old 01-27-2012, 12:04 PM

05 E55
first email pertaining to the situation

To: bill.kw@hotmail.com
Subject: Bill
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 07:52:13 -0500

Bill, I have been trying to write this email for awhile, I wanted to be able to write facts and not feelings, so here it is. I will not be continuing with our arrangement due to the fact that I am very unhappy with the amount of money I paid you verse the amount of work that was not completed and the amount of work that was completed incorrectly. First, you had possesion of my E55 AMG for over two and a half months and the only work that was completed was the istallation of the wheels, the lip deck wing and diffuser, and the STAR Lowering. I had informed you of the time frame I would arrive back in NJ between the 16th and the 18th of November, you said the car would be waiting for me in my driveway. This didnt happen, I had to wait over 72hrs to recieve my car from you, and I had to drive to Pa. to get it. I only took that trip because I figured if I didnt get it myself I would never see my car. I only get 15 days of Mid-Tour Leave, you knew this and you still made me wait for my car and couldn't deliver it as you promised via text message. I was expecting a car with all work completed on it, I recieved an incomplete project instead. The wheels, for the amount of money I paid you for a set of refurbished wheels, they should have been perfect. Instead, they were not. They center caps are not only incorrect, they are installed poorly and damaged with major chips to the surface. I paid you for black Mercedes center caps and you gave me damaged chrome Vellanos. The driver side rear wheel has a large scratch in the center of the polished lip. The tires are not only two different brands, neither one being the brand I paid you for, the rear tire is also the wrong size. Then you tell me its because the ones I paid you for were on back order. I paid you for my wheels, tires, and centercaps the first week in May. Do you expect me to believe that tires were back ordered for over six and a half months? You procrastinated on the project and couldn't get things together fast enough in the end. I am expecting a refund of $1,300.00 for services that were not rendered. Also, I expect the correct tires and center caps that I paid you for. The tires were supposed to be Hankook incase you forgot. At minimum I expect four brand new tires, all of them the same brand(not like the two different brands I have now) all of them the correct size, and the correct value for what I paid you. Also, you have my stock wheels and tires, and a set of my projector fog lights, I expect these to be returned as well. I hope this can be resolved quickly and with civility. I will keep this between us and will not post this to the forum if things can be worked out quickly. If not, I will be forced to post this email. If you scroll down you will see the price list you sent me, I have highlighted the work that was not completed. The dollar amount for work completed is $200.00 I paid you by personal check in the amount of $1,500.00 leaving $1,300.00 worth of work that was not completed. Since we started doing business together in April I have paid you a total $5,170.00 you know I am Soldier, you know that I am not a wealthy man, and still the work didnt reflect the amount of money that was paid.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 PM

05 E55
the response

B, I'm really sorry you feel the way you do. I appreciate your friendship and you as a customer. First, as I did in person at my house....I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you.
I would like to note the following though:

1. I totally forgot that you were supposed to get black MB center caps, and the ones you got weren't even the vellano ones for your wheels (as I explained). I will get your black MB caps as agreed!

2. The hydro-dipping and such was beyond my control, as the guy that I use (had personal problems and was out of commission for a while (as I also explained and as is evidenced on the forum).

3. As far as the tires go, We agreed on Hankook evo's at first 245/35 & 275/30 , but they won't work on your car, because once we lowered it, the tire size needed in the rear is 285/25....and hankook doesn't make that size...we also needed 245/30 up front! The 285/25's were back ordered. I usually don't get tires till the last minute for builds, because we deal with so many distributors, it's usually not a problem! The 275's I gave you are a generic brand, so they are just thinner and work...so I gave those to you for free (as I explained when you were here!

4. Scratch in your wheel....I honestly didn't notice it man.....and if it happened here, I will buff it out for you for free! No problem since your lips are raw polished!!

5. Your factory wheels are already stripped.....and one was bent (from when you hit it) , so it had to be straightened back out ($75.00)!

6. Your car isn't lowered yet either, so add that to the refund list too, it just looks lower because of the wheels.

Again, I'm sorry man. Did I drag my feet in some area's........absolutely (I also thought I had another month before you got home)! I also got really busy with the ministry work right after your car got here (not using it as an excuse....but it takes priority over everything in my life). Did I go over and above IMO to hook you up and make sure the work that was done was top notch ...absolutely (lots of hours in the rear diffuser and front lip).

In closing, I'm sorry again Bryan! For the work that was not performed.......I have NOOOOOOOOOO problem refunding you (I would ask that you give me a few weeks to get everything together though, because I just spent a lot of money on a stock order and some personal things). I know your not rich, and respect you livelyhood ...and as you know, I'm not rich either. As far as the forums, I have never been one to hide from my mistakes, and have never claimed to be perfect. It doesn't bother me, or I would take no offense if you expressed your feelings on the forum......it is what it is!

On a side note.....why didn't you tell me all this before you left...or call me on the cell and tell me this while you were home? I think your a pretty cool dude (even though I ain't get my flag...LOL), and I think of people I meet as being waaaay more important than these wheels, cars, or anything like that! It upsets me more, knowing that you were feeling some kind of way about dealing with me and didn't just say something to me, but instead held it all inside.......all the way in another country risking your life...and writing me about how unhappy you are......that's not cool (That makes me feel worse, cause I consider you as being more than just a customer from the forum that I never met).

Anyway bro....be safe over there. As always, your in our prayers man! We will get everything worked out Bro......small things in the big picture of life and eternity...for real!!

Bill
Old 01-27-2012, 12:10 PM

05 E55
Bill, it has been five weeks since i sent this and i havent heard back from you about the money/stock wheels/tires/center caps/or fog lights. I understand that you needed a few weeks to get these things together, how much longer do I have to wait?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:11 PM

05 E55
bill you really need to get in contact with me asap. I want this to be resolved quietly, but i will contact a lawyer if i dont hear from you in the next few days. i really really really dont want to go down that path, please just email me back so you can tell me whats going on.
.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}
Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 PM

05 E55
Bryan Palmer

• bill did you get my email?
<LI class="MessagingMessage heavySeparator uiListItem uiListLight uiListVerticalItemBorder">
Tuesday
Bryan Palmer

• bill why arent you answering my emails

<LI class="MessagingMessage uiListItem uiListLight uiListVerticalItemBorder">
Tuesday
B Gorman Willworks

• Hey....just got back here today from some prison work...and was waiting to email you back. I want to say something, but don't want to come off like a tool or a jerk.

Tuesday
Bryan Palmer

• shoot

Tuesday
B Gorman Willworks

• OK...I apologized like a man for not getting all the stuff done on your car before you got home. Yes I dropped the ball on some things, and I also told you I would refund you for the things you were concerned about too. With that being said....I don't appreciate your attitude in your emails, and the little threats you keep throwing at me like I'm not going to pay you, or like you don't know me and where I live...serious. That's really not called for. In your first email after you left....you said something about saying something on the forum (which I don't care...AT ALL...for real!!!), and in the email the other day, you started and was on some legal action crap (which I really don't care about that either...really)....really Brian...it's like that bro? Come on now, I thought we was better than that man. I don't think I deserve this from you. Did I mess upon your job....yeah..admitted and apologized!!! Did I say I would refund you some money....Yeah...admitted and apologized!!! So what's really your problem with me man.....cause this is a bunch of extra extra you been on!!! OK...just wanted to get what was on my chest out there....I'm cool now.. Thanks!

<LI class="MessagingMessage heavySeparator uiListItem uiListLight uiListVerticalItemBorder">
Wednesday
Bryan Palmer

• well i hear what you're saying. you said you needed a few weeks to get the stuff together, its been like 7 weeks now. The fact that i know where you live is irrelevant, i'm not gonna show up on your door step causing a scene. The problem i have now is that i trusted you with my car, when everybody told me i was ****ing crazy, you made me look like an *** infront of my family, and now i don't trust that i will be able to retrieve anything in an amicable fashion. you need to give me a date when you can make a full refund or begin a payment plan.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
This is getting really interesting. Subscribed.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude is about to go under, im telling you, classic signs, get what money you can from him. I HATE poor customer service and when good people get taken!

Im gonna text Mark and tell him to get in on this thread.......same excuses!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Oddly enough, I just received an unsolicited PM, from the man himself. Or at least, someone claiming to be Bill. The writing style matches, so I have no reason to believe otherwise. Not sure why he picked me, other than me asking what's up with his vendor status in his for sale thread. I was genuinely just interested in why he was no longer a vendor.

But anyways, he asked, so sure....

Originally Posted by WillWorks
What's up Bro, can you please post this for me. I started this profile so my friends on the forum could still get in contact with me....but I don't plan on posting with it!
If you don't feel like posting it for me, I totally understand. I just want to put my side of the story out there.......which usually moot...LOL!! But I still felt it should be done!!!

As far as some problems with members on the forums (problems happens to each one of us each day in life....I'm no different)....I never claim to be perfect, nor do I claim to be the end all-be all! Also, this is NOT my JOB....it's a hobby, as I stated many times before, and I do it in my spare time at my house!!!
I had also stated on the forum in the Buyer Feedback Section (where I started a thread on myself months ago) exactly what I'm saying now....Please take the time to read!!!! I man about mine, and I don't hide from anyone, and deal with things one day at a time!

I think it's quite amusing how once one person complains, others feel the need to complain also. When there has been a thread started by me for months encouraging feedback!! I'm not upset about it....it's just funny to me. As I said, you have every right to voice your opinions....better late than never!

Emoving, I'm going to pray for you my friend....I can't even be mad at you, just feel sorry for you man. You are always so critical and sarcastic of new members, members, and vendors alike, and so quick to speak on things you know absolutely nothing about, or at minimal have only heard bits and pieces....and whether you believe it or not, you usually make things worse for the person your claiming to defend, or help with your lack of tactfulness and instigating ways! You just need to get a life, cause from what I see...If being a BIG Fish (you) in a SMALL Pond (MBworld forum) is your goal in life...congratulations...You are the man MBWORLDRIDERALLDAY!!!

Anyway, I am guilty as charged people, not denying anything...Not perfect....and I am slow as frozen molasses! There are two sides to every story, and each build, and though I'm not always 100% right....Im also not always 100% wrong!! But I man up and understand that the customer is always right...LOL, so I deal with it!! I make mistakes, and try my best to fix them and over compensate when I do! I'm not a scammer in any way...and everyone gets their builds, parts, and even more eventually!

The reason I'm a former Vendor, is because I decided not to continue my sponsorship a couple months ago, because I have a lot going on with my kids and my personal life, and just don't have time to do wheels like I want to (or like people want me to), so I can't justify paying vendor fees each month....cause I ain't ballin like that!!! I still like to build and customize wheels, and still have loyal customers who know me personally and will continue to deal with me...ad that's cool by me! I have met a lot of great people on this forum, and have also made friends, but again..it is what it is, and I know that you can't please all of the people all of the time!

In closing, I am still on the board if you need to find me!, so PM me if you have any questions about wheels or offsets....I'm still an enthusiast at heart, and am hear to help if I can, and my advice is and has always been free....but I'm sure I'll eventually even get some complaints on that too...LOL!!!

B. Gorman
Old 01-27-2012, 02:20 PM

E500
Wow in this to see the outcome.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
where in the email that he was going to refund the $$$ back to original poster??? sure dont see it !!! blah blah blah.. Pay the $$$ back. God will love you for that!!!

YOU'RE NOT TO PUBLISH PM's, YOU WILL BE ON SUSPENSION:-)
Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
I paid B. Gorman 3k for wheels for my wife's CLS. I sent the money last February and it took 4 months and all I received were the rear wheels. So I called him and he said he was waiting for the barrels to come in and it should be done next week. Well that didn't happen. A month went by and he said " I got them and they will be on the way. Well another month went by. Then he tells me that he doesn't like the paint on them since the clear coat was not bonding with the black and it was leaving air pockets. He wanted me to send the rears back because I could see the air pockets on them. So I did. When I sent them back I told him that I needed them (all 4) by a certain date or just send my money back. When that date came I still had no wheels. I called him and asked for my mony and instead he gave me a tracking number. So I get the wheels and the offsets are to aggressive. And the wrong size tires are on them. Now 5 months later the Crome is pealing off of 3 of the wheels. This will never happen again. He's lucky my wife likes the slightly aggressive look.

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 01-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Figured Id chime in on this. Now I can only speak from my own experience with Bill, so don't come at me.

I first started dealing with Bill way before he became a Sponsor. I as probably one of his first customers. I met Bill, because I was selling my 20" Radenergies from my E55. I purchased a new C63, and knew the wheels wouldn't fit. Bill came to my house to purchase the Rads, and we got to talking, and he said he could rebuild them for the C63 fairly cheap, so I said ok lets do it. Bill took the wheels, ordered all new outer barrels, and straightened the inners as a couple were bent.

I never had to call, or email, or even text asking for updates. He was constantly on top of it, and sending me progress pics. He even drove from PA to my place in NNJ multiple times for test fits to make sure everything was perfect. Took a few months to get them completed, but in the end they came out amazing, and fit the car perfect. Did it take a few months? Yes, but this was also due to the fact that the outer barrels had to be ordered, machined, as the mounting holes on the Rads are slightly offset than all other American made wheels, and than they had to be polished. By the way, Rads are junk. But that's a whole other story that has nothing to do with Bill. Bill even went ahead, and refunded me a decent amount of money without me even asking, for him being slow on the build. I too have gotten impatient with him, but in the end I was always happy with the final product.

Since I have had two two more sets built, and have one being built right now for my M3, and bill has always been on top of them all. Yes he is VERY SLOW, but this isnt his job, he just does it as a hobby, and remember he gets all his parts from the same MFG as all other USA made wheels, so his small orders are not a priority compared to the large U.S wheel mfg.

Im not here to make excuses for him, or try and justify what happened to some of you guys. I've even spoke to some members who also had issues, and told them the same. Think he just got too many builds too quick. It seems he is trying his best to make it right.

Hope it works out for all parties involved in the end.

_Walter

Last edited by obsidian05e55; 01-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
he seems to be active on g35drivers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have problems with B. Gorman?