Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for car shipping?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk500
I used Mercury Auto Transport out of Florida to ship my car from Orlando To California last winter. The price wasn't the lowest or highest but they did a great job. Shipping my car was stressful and you don't know who to trust but Mercury did great you can get a quote here
Old 02-25-2020, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-300
A-1 Auto Transport - I've used them going the other direction, from NY to FLA enclosed. You should have a lot of options for that route. It's pretty popular request from what I understand. For what it's worth, I'd use A-1 again if I needed to, but it has been a couple years since I last did.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by jurymix
A-1 Auto Transport - I've used them going the other direction, from NY to FLA enclosed. You should have a lot of options for that route. It's pretty popular request from what I understand. For what it's worth, I'd use A-1 again if I needed to, but it has been a couple years since I last did.
It's been over 8 years since this thread was posted. I really hope they would have found a shipping company by now.

Look at dates before posting.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:21 PM

porsche cayman
I used Wes over at airryd.com, he has an extensive FAQ section and is very responsive from start to finish. I tried two other brokers one of them needed the full amount upfront, and wouldn’t respond to any more questions after I wouldn’t agree to paying all up front. Definitely a lot of shady people in the industry
Old 10-03-2022, 04:40 AM

Ford F-150
Originally Posted by tjwess
I used Wes over at airryd.com, he has an extensive FAQ section and is very responsive from start to finish. I tried two other brokers one of them needed the full amount upfront, and wouldn’t respond to any more questions after I wouldn’t agree to paying all up front. Definitely a lot of shady people in the industry
Yeah Fully agreed. But I just used Quantum Transport Services to ship my Ford F-150 from Florida to Texas & it was a good experience. You can try them also.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:42 AM

Ford F-150
Try Quantum Transport Solution brokers, Good exp
Old 12-28-2022, 08:57 AM

BMW m1
A couple of months ago, I bought a new house in Florida and was concerned about how I would get my car transported. I had to do a lot of research on the company's status and the intricacies of working with the insurance company.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,922 Likes on 3,088 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Montway.com

Just used them to ship a Porsche 2,400 miles. Full satisfaction, highly recommended.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:47 AM

Received 95 Likes on 70 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by chassis
Montway.com

Just used them to ship a Porsche 2,400 miles. Full satisfaction, highly recommended.
Montway is a broker and they would bid the transport/job out and in case if there's a claim, you would have to deal with the transporting company themselves, not an easy job.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
InterCity Lines. Been using them for over a decade. Top notch customer service and very reputable, well-known drivers for some very high end vehicles. I only ship my cars in enclosed carrier, but that's just me. Too much to go wrong in an open carrier.

I even shipped my Supra with them - the driver even pulled mine in front of all the vehicles just because of its 'pristine' condition and value nowadays. I would never use anyone else.

Of course, ^^^^, is second best to actually driving the car yourself!
Old 03-18-2024, 07:36 AM

just looking
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
InterCity Lines. Been using them for over a decade. Top notch customer service and very reputable, well-known drivers for some very high end vehicles. I only ship my cars in enclosed carrier, but that's just me. Too much to go wrong in an open carrier.

I even shipped my Supra with them Flytte bedrift- the driver even pulled mine in front of all the vehicles just because of its 'pristine' condition and value nowadays. I would never use anyone else.

Of course, ^^^^, is second best to actually driving the car yourself!
As I am moving from NJ to Bay Area, I need to find a reliable auto moving company (I am also seriously considering driving it myself in 5-6 days. Any thoughts on this?) The auto moving companies seem like a hit or miss. Any suggestions or experiences?
Old 03-18-2024, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by yovenim
As I am moving from NJ to Bay Area, I need to find a reliable auto moving company (I am also seriously considering driving it myself in 5-6 days. Any thoughts on this?) The auto moving companies seem like a hit or miss. Any suggestions or experiences?
Like I said in my post, if I were to choose any shipping company, enclosed carrier with InterCity Lines. They are the most reputable company and stand behind everything. I have shipped cars to my front doorstep from all over the country, several cars over the years, and I have not had one bad experience with this company. Zero affiliation, zero dog in the fight - just a consumer looking for top notch service and getting the cars to me in the same condition they were loaded.

The only other option would be to drive it yourself if you have the time and sanity to drive across the country (I've done it a few times and it is taxing, but enjoyable too - nothing teaches you more about your cars than experiences like that).

My .02, good luck..