Sponsored by:

MIR TRACK UPDATES 2/18/12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Do you remember asking me to do a 30mph roll-on at the 60' mark? Halarious. I was looking for you, but we never hooked up after that. We trap almost identically, so it would've been a great race!
Of course I remember asking for that "roll on" race. Sorry we didn't but I was ready to go once it started getting warmer. I tried to run with a passenger as I was leaving with all of my stuff in the car and they turned me around...worth trying
Old 02-19-2012, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Will they fit my rear, what is the weight and how much?

Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
i have a set of 17's with mickey thompson et streets that need to be on that car!!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Will they fit my rear, what is the weight and how much?
all the specs are in the for sale thread. 55 lbs aired up to 40 lbs. you have a pretty big butt not sure if they fit your rear!
honestly i dont know.
benzo if you want them i can bring them in june for personalized service! craig i would be able to meet in choo choo if you want to try them
$325 was what i was asking + shipping.
https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ale-again.html
Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Thanks to everyone that came out to the track rental. It was a great day. Looking forward to the next one. Especially after I get some issues sorted out. I got the drag racing bug again
Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks to everyone that came out to the track rental. It was a great day. Looking forward to the next one. Especially after I get some issues sorted out. I got the drag racing bug again
You do an awsome job at setting these up bro! I deff want to make the next one. It would be great if I could get a small west caravan heading over.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
I always look forward to going to 1/4 mile racing. Good to meet new members on here and put a face to member. Everyone bands together and give advice/ support to get better times.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by emoving
You do an awsome job at setting these up bro! I deff want to make the next one. It would be great if I could get a small west caravan heading over.
Thanks! It s a completely different experience being there. So many cool cars!!! The people that come make the event not me
Originally Posted by novae500
I always look forward to going to 1/4 mile racing. Good to meet new members on here and put a face to member. Everyone bands together and give advice/ support to get better times.
That's the best part
Old 02-19-2012, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Thank You, Ahmad.

Yesterday was an amazing day, temperature was perfect, had great company and got to see some great people, Specially Ahmad and Jay.

Thanks Stephen for the great tips on tire pressure and pushing me out there to get some baseline runs.

Thanks Jay for walking me around the water box, Just like old times buddy.

As I mentioned before, yesterday was not about busting a 9.99 like many expected, sorry to dissapoint but the racing game doesn't go that way. Just ask a few of the OG's.

For me it was more about establishing a baseline, getting some Logs and getting her down the track in one piece. Mission Accomplished.

She still has some bugs that need to be sorted out. Need to revisit stall speed, a tad smaller turbos and fix IAT's issues as my cooling circuits may be in reverse. With a full tank of ice I did not see IATs fall below 130's at the beggining of my runs, yes some serious issues there, YET she trapped 130.

I would like to thank some close friends that made this trip possible and accompanied me in this great trip: Luis, AKA loco E55. Thanks for coming buddy! true fanatic and hard core racer right there...Sad to see you leave the 55 platform.

My little brother Joel- this guy has never taken out the EV12 at the track, and on the first run busts an 11.6..crazy ****.

My cousin Jose, who has the sickest jokes, had us cracking all the way home!

I would also like to thank Marcin @ Speedriven, (by the way he is doing all this without a cent out of my pocket. Once we get her where we want to be he will be rewarded personally by me. Bet on that.

Thank you all, and sorry to dissapoint some of you, but it's a working progress and I will be back!

EDIT**

Can't leave Mike out of this one!! His car is a freak of nature..11.6 with a few bolt ons!!!

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 02-19-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Thank You, Ahmad.

Yesterday was an amazing day, temperature was perfect, had great company and got to see some great people, Specially Ahmad and Jay.

Thanks Stephen for the great tips on tire pressure and pushing me out there to get some baseline runs.

Thanks Jay for walking me around the water box, Just like old times buddy.

As I mentioned before, yesterday was not about busting a 9.99 like many expected, sorry to dissapoint but the racing game doesn't go that way. Just ask a few of the OG's.

For me it was more about establishing a baseline, getting some Logs and getting her down the track in one piece. Mission Accomplished.

She still has some bugs that need to be sorted out. Need to revisit stall speed, a tad smaller turbos and fix IAT's issues as my cooling circuits may be in reverse. With a full tank of ice I did not see IATs fall below 130's at the beggining of my runs, yes some serious issues there, YET she trapped 130.

I would like to thank some close friends that made this trip possible and accompanied me in this great trip: Luis, AKA loco E55. Thanks for coming buddy! true fanatic and hard core racer right there...Sad to see you leave the 55 platform.

My little brother Joel- this guy has never taken out the EV12 at the track, and on the first run busts an 11.6..crazy ****.

My cousin Jose, who has the sickest jokes, had us cracking all the way home!

I would also like to thank Marcin @ Speedriven, (by the way he is doing all this without a cent out of my pocket. Once we get her where we want to be he will be rewarded personally by me. Bet on that.

Thank you all, and sorry to dissapoint some of you, but it's a working progress and I will be back!
It was great to see you, Luis, Joel, and Jose. You guys came prepared! Thanks for the hot dog

We both know it isn't easy going nines. We have gone through the steps but you are well on your way bro. Some people think you just bolt on parts and will hit nines first time out It just doesn't work that way. Keep at it, the reward will be worth the effort You haven't disappointed anybody bro
Old 02-19-2012, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
To anyone that hasn't seen the EV12 Wow!!! That car is the cleanest and nicest I've ever seen. It almost looks to good to even drag race it lol. That car is going to fly when the bugs are sorted out.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Another great day set up by Ahmad!!!! Biggest thanks go to Steve for the loaner M/Ts my day would not have been the same with out you. Big congrats on your time, I didn't get to see it as we were on our way out. Also big thanks and a great opportunity to meet all the original ol' school v12 boys Clayton, Tom, Stephen, Jody and Jay. New PB 1.64 60 ft. 11.14 @ 124.49mph 2nd best run 1.74 60 ft. 11.17 @125.16mph. I was just really happy to drive it almost 6 hrs home after a day like this. For those who were wondering, the car weighed in at 4650 lb with me(170) no spare, and a near empty tank.

Last edited by RaceHorse; 02-19-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
It was great to see you, Luis, Joel, and Jose. You guys came prepared! Thanks for the hot dog

We both know it isn't easy going nines. We have gone through the steps but you are well on your way bro. Some people think you just bolt on parts and will hit nines first time out It just doesn't work that way. Keep at it, the reward will be worth the effort You haven't disappointed anybody bro
Likewise, Thanks Bro! Saw the CLK trap 130, and my jaws dropped.
it's indicative of all the hardwork you've put into the platform. Just amazing.

Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
To anyone that hasn't seen the EV12 Wow!!! That car is the cleanest and nicest I've ever seen. It almost looks to good to even drag race it lol. That car is going to fly when the bugs are sorted out.
I feel bad I did not have a chance to meet you personally but I saw your car run and the times were amazing! Next time I will stop by and introduce myself.

Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Another great day set up by Ahmad!!!! Biggest thanks go to Steve for the loaner M/Ts my day would not have been the same with out you. Big congrats on your time, I didn't get to see it as we were on our way out. Also big thanks and a great opportunity to meet all the original ol' school v12 boys Clayton, Stephen, Jody and Jay. New PB 1.64 60 ft. 11.14 @ 124.49mph 2nd best run 1.74 60 ft. 11.17 @125.16mph. I was just really happy to drive it almost 6 hrs home after a day like this. For those who were wondering, the car weighed in at 4650 lb with me(170) no spare, and a near empty tank.
It was great to meet you bro! Your car is an animal right out the bat. Seeing your car brings back so many memories of my old 65. Amazing cars.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Congrats to every one! I would love to be a part of these track days one of these times.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Yesterday was a great day!! So nice to catch up with everyone. It really is an amazing group of guys from this forum that head out to these events!

Jody, your car is beautiful bro. And it is definitely making crazy power. It will be a force to be reckoned with when she is fully dialed in. Sorry, we didn't get to put faces with the names this time around.

Ahmad, I know you have had a long year and half but it is all coming around for you again. Glad to see you back enjoying what you love brotha! Get those axles and find someone to make you headers and it will be game over. Thanks again for another great event.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by 930chas
Yesterday was a great day!! So nice to catch up with everyone. It really is an amazing group of guys from this forum that head out to these events!

Jody, your car is beautiful bro. And it is definitely making crazy power. It will be a force to be reckoned with when she is fully dialed in. Sorry, we didn't get to put faces with the names this time around.

Ahmad, I know you have had a long year and half but it is all coming around for you again. Glad to see you back enjoying what you love brotha! Get those axles and find someone to make you headers and it will be game over. Thanks again for another great event.
Charlie! Dude we were about to pull over when we left to at least say hello... I saw your CTS V rolling down the highway and we were heading on the trailer... Luis said "isnt that Charlie??" I was like " let's slow down and say hello! " but traffic did not let it happen. Next time for sure man. Couldn't say hello to lots of people, next time will make priority.

By the way your CTS looks so tight man. Makes me want to get one.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
This thread just reminds me of the nostalgia of Thursday nights at Westbury...That needs to be resurrected.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL65
What's the best way to clean off the rubber and VHT without scratching the clear?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
What's the best way to clean off the rubber and VHT without scratching the clear?
Micro fiber towel with liberal amounts of any brand "trigger wash". Then I use a clearcoat safe "car cleaner/wax" like Meguiars or Zymol. Your microfiber will be ruined so use one that you plan to throw away. Rubber smears and the VHT residue is very nasty so be patient.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL65
Originally Posted by Stephen04E55
Micro fiber towel with liberal amounts of any brand "trigger wash". Then I use a clearcoat safe "car cleaner/wax" like Meguiars or Zymol. Your microfiber will be ruined so use one that you plan to throw away. Rubber smears and the VHT residue is very nasty so be patient.

Thanks Stephen, I owe thanks to my 2 burnout coaches Tom and Jay.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
WD-40 will work wonders. I have buy it in the 5 gallon drum!

I would love to get to see your BEAST someday!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I used WD40 with great results too.

Although I was not there, Steve had me as giddy as a high school girl with all the updates and 10 second passes everyone was making.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
+1
Another great day set up by Ahmad!!!! Biggest thanks go to Steve for the loaner M/Ts my day would not have been the same with out you. Big congrats on your time, I didn't get to see it as we were on our way out. Also big thanks and a great opportunity to meet all the original ol' school v12 boys Clayton, Tom, Stephen, Jody and Jay. New PB 1.64 60 ft. 11.14 @ 124.49mph 2nd best run 1.74 60 ft. 11.17 @125.16mph. I was just really happy to drive it almost 6 hrs home after a day like this. For those who were wondering, the car weighed in at 4650 lb with me(170) no spare, and a near empty tank.
Thanks. Your car was doing great. Launch it harder and you might just crack tens. Thats a heavy car to get in the tens too. My car is about 1000lbs lighter than yours!
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Likewise, Thanks Bro! Saw the CLK trap 130, and my jaws dropped.
it's indicative of all the hardwork you've put into the platform. Just amazing.
haha thanks. It trapped 130 even though it was misfiring, no launch, and no ice so I'm excited to see how it does when everything is right. Maybe I will still be able to see your tail lights down the track lol. Your LP640 daily was sick bro
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Congrats to every one! I would love to be a part of these track days one of these times.
If you are ever in town you should definitely drop by!
Originally Posted by 930chas
Thanks bro! Congrats on those tens, thats a major achivement. Dont forget to let me know when that gold fish dies
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL65
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
WD-40 will work wonders. I have buy it in the 5 gallon drum!

I would love to get to see your BEAST someday!
Thanks Bruce, I need to make a trip down someday from upstate and introduce myself. I work in the city and its usually a mad race to get out early in the day before the traffic. One day... or maybe an Atco rental who knows.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
This thread just reminds me of the nostalgia of Thursday nights at Westbury...That needs to be resurrected.
All that trouble you gave me last year and you live close to me. "Westbury"
Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by dodger63
All that trouble you gave me last year and you live close to me. "Westbury"
No kidding! That flight would have been alot cheaper then we thought!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MIR TRACK UPDATES 2/18/12