W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Help Needed- Front Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 renntech
Help Needed- Front Suspension

I was in Mercedes for a a squeak that was coming out of my front right wheel well when I hit a bump They replaced the lower control arm bushing. The noise went away for about a month. (noise went away when it was raining out prior to fixing) Now both sides are squeeking, I think it's time to replace all the bushing in the front. Can anyone give me some advice as to what would need to be ordered to do all the bushing up front. What that job does intail regarding time and difficulty. And where would the best place to buy the complete bushing kit from or do they need to be bought separately. Plus while replacing the parts advice on replacing other parts while the job is being tackled, thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
It might be the lower ball joints went out. what did the stealership tell you when you took it in for lower arm bushing replacement?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 renntech
Squeeking

They replaced the lower control arm bushing, and it was all fixed. Now it seems like its coming from both sides, the noise sounds like what a bed makes at a hourly rate motel with a 20 dollar h$$ker.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Boy I'm glad you started this thread because I have the same problem, and I sent the car to the dealership, and I had ball joints replaced also, control arm bushing and as you said it seems to go away but that pesty noise comes back, They put these noise monitors on and took the car for a drive and they still haven't isolated where the noise is coming from?
At this point I was thinking of just changing the airmatic strut which I'll be doing unless someone comes up with another suggestion.
I've always hated noises coming from any car I drove, makes them sound "cheap".
Old 03-06-2012, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
I took my car out for a spin yesterday and turned the radio down and raised the car to go over a couple speed bumps and was listening for any scraping and heard the cheap motel bed noise from my front right side. I was thinking it might be the strut, but was hoping it might just be a bushing. Makes quite a bit of that cheap bed noise though for a bushing it seems?

Could the dealerships have been smearing a lil grease on the bushings to quiet em down and that wears off and the noise comes back? I know with aftermarket polyurethane bushing you usually get a lil tube of grease to keep em from squeaking like mad.

I may try to spray some WD40 on the questionable spots one at a time to see if the noise goes away. WD40 IS safe for rubber and will quickly work its way into the bushing after a couple bumps and kill any noise temporarily which will tell you where your issue is.