W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged TCU Upgrade Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG (Dubai), 2009 BMW X5 4.8i Sport (PA)
Jerry - Did you guys receive my ECU? It should have arrived on Monday but it was addressed to your old shop. I haven't been able to access my work email for a few days so I don't know if you sent me an email or not.

J Muir
Old 05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
so this is for those who got the TCU tune... do your paddles actually work faster than stock? I had my TCU tuned by EC, and I honestly can't tell a difference. My paddles still take ages to respond, it's so bad that if i'm accelerating in first, i have to hit the paddle at around 5,000 RPM for the car to shift before it hits the rev limiter. I have hit the rev limiter a few times trying to shift it manually with the paddles. as for driving around in sport mode, the car does not shift any harder from 1st to 2nd and drivability is the same as stock. it's almost like nothing was done to my TCU.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:06 PM
LT1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
so this is for those who got the TCU tune... do your paddles actually work faster than stock? I had my TCU tuned by EC, and I honestly can't tell a difference. My paddles still take ages to respond, it's so bad that if i'm accelerating in first, i have to hit the paddle at around 5,000 RPM for the car to shift before it hits the rev limiter. I have hit the rev limiter a few times trying to shift it manually with the paddles. as for driving around in sport mode, the car does not shift any harder from 1st to 2nd and drivability is the same as stock. it's almost like nothing was done to my TCU.
I do think my paddles work faster although i generally dont manually shift very often. As I stated a few posts up, i was hoping for a much harder hitting 1-2 shift. I felt that unflashed sport mode was losing precious drag strip time, and I dont think the tcu flash improved this much. I will say that the tranny seems 'know' what gear to be in when slowing into a turn for example. I also think my tires ignite easier from a roll as some of the torque management has been removed. If I could do it again, I would want more shift pressure between gears when spplying 3/4 to wide open throttle.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
In M or S mode I think the actual time between shifts is shorter but I think from a dig in first gear you have to hit the shift up before it hits the rev limiter. Once the rev limiter is hit it takes a while for the transmission to settle down before shifting up. In S the shifts happen and redline and are much shorter/crisper for me.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
When was the latest version of the TCU tune initiated? Can people get reflashed for a newer version as updates are made?

I am also having that hesitation on the 2-3 shift.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
I went with the OE TCU flash and I don't have the hesitation anymore.
I was told by E.C. that I had to have the ECU flash to fix this.

I tried to get a refund for a flash that I and others has issues with and I could not.
So I had to pay up and go the OE for a TCU flash that does not hesitate at full throttle.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Guys..

the tranny on my 55 seems so lazy and schizophrenic, in everything but manual. I have a RT ECU (just reflashed about 90 days ago), short headers, new RT Johnson pump and the big cooler. The motor runs like a freight train, but the tranny is just so indecisive. Of course, the super charger engagement thunk doesn't make it better. Should I try a sneaky first?
Are you guys still happy with this setup, or...
Thanks. Know this thread is a bit dated, point me to a better one If you can..