W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding the inner idler pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Need help finding the inner idler pulley

Hi all,

I need help to find the inner idler pulley for my car. The plastic one that runs the same belt with water pump, power steering pump etc. Not the outer pulley that runs with the supercharger pulley that ASP has.

If you know where to get one, please let me know.

Thanks,
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
i think asp has those too
Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
Hi all,

I need help to find the inner idler pulley for my car. The plastic one that runs the same belt with water pump, power steering pump etc. Not the outer pulley that runs with the supercharger pulley that ASP has.

If you know where to get one, please let me know.

Thanks,
The OEM idler pullies come as a pair. The ASP set come as a pair too. I would just replace both with an ASP set. I believe you can order just the idler pullies. Get hold of Brooke or Shardul over on **************.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Thank you all!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
ASP pulleys

Here are the three that come in the ASP kit. Two on the idler, and one on the s/c tensioner.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by amg guy
Here are the three that come in the ASP kit. Two on the idler, and one on the s/c tensioner.
How hard or easy was the install? I have them and will install them this weekend. Any DIY suggestions or tips?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 AM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
Definitely a DIY. You'll need a 17mm 12 pt combo wrench or socket for the s/c tensioner pulley, and a socket for the other tensioner. I don't remember the torx sizes for the two bolts.

Remove the front plastic engine cover, then start by removing the s/c belt first. Then I removed the s/c tensioner pulley with a torx bit on a 3/8 rachet wrench and then removed the other belt to get access to the other two pulleys. I wasn't able to remove the lower bolt with a rachet because it was too tight so I used a 3/8 drive stubby breaker bar to clear the fan shroud. Once that bolt is out you can remove both lower pulley's. Use the new spacer provided in the ASP kit and install the lower pulley's. You reuse the spacer with a shoulder on it for the new lower pulley's. You will have a slight gap between the two pulleys when installed correctly. It may take a couple of tries to figure out which way the pulleys face, but it will make sense when you do it. I used blue loctite on the bolt and reinstalled the bolt with the two pulleys on it first. I then reinstalled the lower belt. Then moved up and did the s/c tensioner pulley. You do not reuse the dust cover on the upper pulley. I did find that a 3/8 stainless washer with a 1" outside diameter works well in place of the dust cover. Once again use blue loctite. Then reinstall the belt and you're done. I started my car with the cover off and hood open just to check and snap the engine cover back on and close the hood. No more squeaky pulleys.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by amg guy
Definitely a DIY. You'll need a 17mm 12 pt combo wrench or socket for the s/c tensioner pulley, and a socket for the other tensioner. I don't remember the torx sizes for the two bolts.

Remove the front plastic engine cover, then start by removing the s/c belt first. Then I removed the s/c tensioner pulley with a torx bit on a 3/8 rachet wrench and then removed the other belt to get access to the other two pulleys. I wasn't able to remove the lower bolt with a rachet because it was too tight so I used a 3/8 drive stubby breaker bar to clear the fan shroud. Once that bolt is out you can remove both lower pulley's. Use the new spacer provided in the ASP kit and install the lower pulley's. You reuse the spacer with a shoulder on it for the new lower pulley's. You will have a slight gap between the two pulleys when installed correctly. It may take a couple of tries to figure out which way the pulleys face, but it will make sense when you do it. I used blue loctite on the bolt and reinstalled the bolt with the two pulleys on it first. I then reinstalled the lower belt. Then moved up and did the s/c tensioner pulley. You do not reuse the dust cover on the upper pulley. I did find that a 3/8 stainless washer with a 1" outside diameter works well in place of the dust cover. Once again use blue loctite. Then reinstall the belt and you're done. I started my car with the cover off and hood open just to check and snap the engine cover back on and close the hood. No more squeaky pulleys.
Thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
The OEM idler pullies come as a pair. The ASP set come as a pair too. I would just replace both with an ASP set. I believe you can order just the idler pullies. Get hold of Brooke or Shardul over on **************.
Wiestec industries in calfornia has a nice set of CNC machined pulleys for are cars, have them on both my e63 and also my wifes CLK63 AMG Cab.
299.00 fast delivery