W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention: EuroCharged TCU tuned folks....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Attention: EuroCharged TCU tuned folks....

I am curious to hear any feedback from people who have now been running the EuroCharged TCU tuning for a while now. Specifically, does the TCU tuning seem to "adapt" to a more sluggish shift profile over time (like the stock TCU does) or do the shifts seem to stay crisp and firm, even if you get stuck doing a lot of around-town driving??

I'm really curious to know if the EC TCU folks still have to resort to the "sneaky TCU reset" trick occasionally, or if that is now a thing of the past.....

Thanks.

-G
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CL600
This is a great thread, great questions as I am also curious about the TCU tune. I have the EC ECU tune and am waiting for them to sort out the shifting as far as they can on that before I do anything on the TCU tune. Thanks for starting
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Hasn't sneaky tcu reset been proven false ?? That is by checking adaptation data after sneaky reset? If it hasn't, I will when I get back in town to work and put it to rest once and for all.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
I've had the TCU tune for a month now and it still shifts just as hard as day one. I drive my car every day and I drive hard, it still feels the same. One of the best mods I've done.
The following users liked this post:
Tru-Soul (08-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
I've had the TCU tune for a month now and it still shifts just as hard as day one. I drive my car every day and I drive hard, it still feels the same. One of the best mods I've done.
I haven't reset mine nor tried without using STAR. I've had a few mods since but really day to day within a week or two things stay much the same from a TCU shift point of view for me since the EC TCU.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
No issues after several months. Someone even made the claim it will reset to OEM if you let the car idle for xxxx minutes. There are times my car will idle for over an hour as I play with things. No issues. Shifts like day 1.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Great input everyone!

I have heard people call BS about the "sneaky TCU reset", but my own experience is that my car gets reallllly lazy and awkward with its shifting after a week or so of around town, mellow driving. If I give the throttle a solid squeeze, there is a HUGE delay before I get a downshift....sometimes it goes down a gear, the shifts right back to the higher gear. The transmission just feels really vague and disconnected from the throttle inputs.

The sneaky reset definitely does "something" to change that behavior.....and it's not a subtle change, so I'm mystified when people say there is no technical basis for it.

At the very least, I'm happy to know that the EC TCU is a permanent fix.

-G
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
EuroCharged
Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Originally Posted by GregMB
Great input everyone!

I have heard people call BS about the "sneaky TCU reset", but my own experience is that my car gets reallllly lazy and awkward with its shifting after a week or so of around town, mellow driving. If I give the throttle a solid squeeze, there is a HUGE delay before I get a downshift....sometimes it goes down a gear, the shifts right back to the higher gear. The transmission just feels really vague and disconnected from the throttle inputs.

The sneaky reset definitely does "something" to change that behavior.....and it's not a subtle change, so I'm mystified when people say there is no technical basis for it.

At the very least, I'm happy to know that the EC TCU is a permanent fix.

-G
+1. The tranny adapts are just an educated guess. I am 43 year old life long performance fan from my father taking me to see the
when I was a tiny kid to modding and dragging my first drag car (81 Regal with punched 396) when I was a teenie bopper. I can tell you SOMETHING happens on that Sneaky ECU reset. Perhaps we will never know. I would bet my car on it. Something is happening. It's pretty dramatic on my car being so high horsepower. Leaving the neighborhood after doing it.....it bangs 1st to 2nd even doing 20mph.

Haven't drivin my car enough with the EC TCU to make a judgement on that but I CAN say I was amazed at how much they can do with tranny TCU tweaks. Well worth the cash.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
LT1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
I'm eurocharged tcu tuned. Still need to do sneaky ecu reset. Wakes the shifting back up every time