Sponsored by:

Off topic: Is Shardul banned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL600 2005 745Li
Originally Posted by ScottW911
It's not a perfect world. Sponsors that spam are supposed to be treated that same as any member.

It's up to members to report issues to staff via the "report post" button.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stuff
It's not a perfect world. Sponsors that spam are supposed to be treated that same as any member.

It's up to members to report issues to staff via the "report post" button.
https://mbworld.org/forums/suggestio...sor-abuse.html
Old 03-23-2012, 04:13 PM

W211 E55
Mod's don't get it here.

Is there a way to simply cancel my account ? Really don't want to be tempted to pipe in when the mods go into "Save my ***" mode. I don't think we'll ever get acknowledgment of the mistake to ban shardul, which proved to have led to MBworlds downfall
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by 1995E320Cab

Yes, actually. Mods don't work for the site owners. We are brought on board by other members to act as traffic cops.

Just because you don't see what is going on in the background doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Spend some time looking for "former sponsors" or sponsors that are "banned". Yes, sponsors (some you would be surprised at) get banned too.

Again, I'm helping here for free. I am going to be fair to members and sponsors alike. No incentives one way or the other.

And, the owners of this site want it that way too.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
Mod's don't get it here.

Is there a way to simply cancel my account ? Really don't want to be tempted to pipe in when the mods go into "Save my ***" mode. I don't think we'll ever get acknowledgment of the mistake to ban shardul, which proved to have led to MBworlds downfall
Reading comprehension will take you far in life.

I stated, clearly, that Shardul is not banned. Take a look at his status today.

People, remember that Lemmings die when they follow each other off the cliff.

Oh, and if you are serious about "cancelling" your account, that can be handled by an admin. Otherwise, PM me.

Last edited by ScottW911; 03-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:34 PM

stuff
Best thing to do is just not post at all here instead of feeding the fire. Just move along.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Suspending or Banning Shardul is the first time I really cared about all this internet politic. He has helped me several times at odd hours and even taken time off his work to help me troubleshoot.

It's completely logical that if someone wants to run a business here they have to sign up and pay a fee. After all, advertising is not free and with the amount of traffic this site gets, they should pay to sell here. Shardul on the other hand, from what you guys say, was just helping his buddie out by parting out his car. I'm not sure why the mods shut him down. One of our own was in a tight situation, instead of suspending Shardul, the mods should have made his part-out thread a sticky and help.

It was a bad judgement call on the part of the mods but this too will pass and be forgotten, swept under the rug along with a dozen other train wreck threads.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 PM

W211 E55

Oh, and if you are serious about "cancelling" your account, that can be handled by an admin. Otherwise, PM me.
Scott,

You stated that to the best of your knowledge Shardul was not banned. The fact that Mods are stepping in and suspending (or banning) the member that has argueably contributed the most to this forum is ridiculous.

And Scott, you need to read the writing on the wall. The only thing dying is this forum. You might want to change your flawed approach.

Please close my account. Again you've got a member here from 2004.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Scott,

You stated that to the best of your knowledge Shardul was not banned. The fact that Mods are stepping in and suspending (or banning) the member that has argueably contributed the most to this forum is ridiculous.

And Scott, you need to read the writing on the wall. The only thing dying is this forum. You might want to change your flawed approach.

Please close my account. Again you've got a member here from 2004.
Jason, obviously, I hate to see any long term member leave MBW. I am already sure that we have had about 10-20 members from this forum announce their intentions to move on. That will be a shame. I really enjoy most of these guys.

But, the site will continue despite the (temporary?) slow-down in the W211 AMG forum. As of this moment, I see 3665 people are online, enjoying MBW. We have over 222,000 members (granted, not all are active but...).

You've seen exactly what I've seen in your years here. Members come and go for various reason. Many come back for other reasons. It is a shame when we miss the old crew. But, new members keep cropping up.

I don't know what you mean by "flawed approach". That we try and balance our hands-on/hands-off approach for as long as we can? That the owners here have sponsors that keep the site free (for 12 years now)?

I think the approach works, albeit less than perfectly, for most members here.

I wish you all the best if you are dead set on not returning.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:11 PM

W211 E55
Scott,

In other words you are saying that many members in the W211 forum (specifically) are disposable. This forum is arguably the most active forum on this site and moderators seem to be content with loosing some of the most contributing members from it. If you can't see the flaw in that then we are all wasting our time on this forum.

Yet another bad judgement call on the owners of MBworld.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:28 PM
IB Staff

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts
993tt
ok, the owners are listening.

what needs to change here, in order to restore the atmosphere that once was the W211 AMG section?

cheers,
robb
Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by Robb M.

what needs to change here, in order to restore the atmosphere that once was the W211 AMG section?

cheers,
robb
well, just a suggestion, but you could start by reducing the amount of sponsor spam. The two I notice the most are Don Nguyen and JBSpeed. Everytime I hit "new posts" half the posts are from those two in every section. Quite annoying.

other than that, I'll let the other members pitch in.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
Originally Posted by danlnyc
well, just a suggestion, but you could start by reducing the amount of sponsor spam. The two I notice the most are Don Nguyen and JBSpeed. Everytime I hit "new posts" half the posts are from those two in every section. Quite annoying.

other than that, I'll let the other members pitch in.
DITTO JB never post a price which is a violation of your own TOS
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55

cheers,
robb

First step is to make people read the rules of this forum! I know couple guys left cause some clowns are keep bringing threads from 5 years ago and others that are keep thinking that selling parts under the table is OK. I joined MBW just 4 years ago, and it was interesting that timeto read people posts and innovative ideas. Ahmad was doing crazy stuff to his CLK, Marcus Frost with useful comments, aleksandar1099, persian godfather and others. Now it is just pissing parade between members, mostly new members too.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by Karlson
First step is to make people read the rules of this forum! I know couple guys left cause some clowns are keep bringing threads from 5 years ago and others that are keep thinking that selling parts under the table is OK. I joined MBW just 4 years ago, and it was interesting that timeto read people posts and innovative ideas. Ahmad was doing crazy stuff to his CLK, Marcus Frost with useful comments, aleksandar1099, persian godfather and others. Now it is just pissing parade between members, mostly new members too.
Oh GOD are you still whining?
Old 03-23-2012, 06:11 PM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5

cheers,
robb
Here is my honest opinion:
First by listening LONG before it gets to this point. You can't run a business without knowing what is going on. The frustration has been building for months.
When I signed up back on 02-19-04 it was a great place where people shared tips and tricks and I learned a great deal. It was nearly a daily ritual for me to sign on and learn. Now you seem to have some (not all) moderators that have a chip on their shoulder and take great pride in banning some of the most helpful people (to me) on here while letting some members make baseless personal attacks with only a slap on the wrist. That's just pathetic--again just being honest.
Personally I come here as an enthusiast to learn, share the passion of the W211 E55's and help in any way I can. What really turned me off was Shardul being banned for selling Hadilaw's parts for him while he was incapacitated after being involved in a very serious accident. In case you don't know, that's just the sort of guy Shardul is. I've never had the honor of meeting the guy in person but I can tell you I have sought his advice on NUMEROUS occasions. He and a few other members are what makes this site from a user perspective. You remove them then there is no reason to remain. I would be willing to bet that Shardul did that solely to help that guy out like he does so many other members. It seems that some are sooooo worried he is going to make a profit on something that they feel the need to shut him down. Let me tell you, having been a business owner myself, that this guy is not making NEARLY enough to justify the amount of time he spends helping folks. He does it primarily because he loves to help people and share his knowledge. To me that's a very admirable trait that unfortunately few possess.
I took the time to write this not as a vindictive way to bash you guys but rather to let you know, as I would would want to know if I were in your position, where the failures exist from a user perspective. We come to furums to have fun and share car info and when that is taken away we go to other sites that genuinely want to provide a means of sharing information rather than solely make a profit. That's the difference between mbworld and ************** in my opinion.
If you would like to discuss this further please send me an email with a number I can call and I'll be happy to oblige.
Again, I'm just being honest because you asked.
Regards,
jddumas

Last edited by jddumas; 03-23-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 63S

cheers,
robb
WOW this is a first!

Simple get rid of 2 MODS...

AMADOUCHE and NOLA and we'll call it quits!

There have been signs for months!

"YOU HAVE BBEN WARNED" quotes from Sharduls PM banning him seems appropriate right now!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:17 PM

stuff
I'm pretty new here but have been on forums for some time.

+1 on sponsor spam. Create a vendor classified section for that stuff.

I think the mentality of the board owners/mods is that since the sponsors are paying, whatever the sponsors want is the best.

Like I mentioned, the sponsors are here because of the traffic. My traffic is here because of people like Shardul providing great info...not even remotely because the presence of any sponsor. You need to realize that there is a direct link to $ in having guys on the board who provide alot of info and assistance.

It also seems like anything innovative by a member is seen as a threat to the paying sponsors so it starts to look like the mods have an agenda against the forum members...us vs. them feeling here.

Just my $0.02.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 63S

Calling me a LEMMING really ... go **** yourself.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:32 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
Calling me a LEMMING really ... go **** yourself.

cheers,
robb

Thank you for inquiring Rob. The copied posts from people like Scott need to go. He's pretty good at insulting large groups of people.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:32 PM
IB Staff

993tt
Originally Posted by Ag02m5
I think the mentality of the board owners/mods is that since the sponsors are paying, whatever the sponsors want is the best.
This is definitely not the case. These are communities. Community is about people. Perhaps that hasn't been clearly defined, or discussed, but it's the truth.

Some good feedback in this thread, appreciate your post jddumas.

Please continue to add feedback, we will be taking all of it into consideration, and will spend time this weekend, working out some potential approaches that will work for everyone to make this section, and the site as a whole, fun like it once was.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:35 PM
IB Staff

993tt
Thank you for inquiring Rob. The copied posts from people like Scott need to go.

To be fair, I can completely understand Scott's frustration. He's here daily, and hadn't heard about the level of frustration in here. I certainly hadn't heard any of it before.

IF you guys want to make changes in the community, or with the structure of MBW, talking to us(the site team aka people like Scott) is probably going to be a lot more successful than yelling and screaming across the interwebs. Just sayin'

cheers,
robb
Old 03-23-2012, 06:38 PM

W211 E55
No yelling or screaming on my end, just objective and constructive advice. Which sadly was followed up with excuses and name-calling.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
Oh GOD are you still whining?
according to your sign: GONE to PSC

so
Old 03-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hey everyone,

I removed the suspension on shardul early this afternoon based upon our review with the staff and the community. It certainly follows the 'Law of Minimum Astonishment' that members concerns be addressed and resolved to the best of our ablity. I can't fix what has happened in the past, however, I can offer to address concerns when they arise going forward. Please feel free to PM or email me (via the contact us link) or any staff member with questions or concerns as they arise. Thanks.

Bob..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off topic: Is Shardul banned?