W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAY NO TO SHARDUL SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Ford Raptor, 2003 FX35, 2008 E63 AMG (Gone but not forgotten)
So I usually don't chime in on this crap since it doesn't involve me or anyone I know, but I was thinking about this the whole time I was mowing my backyard during lunch today and had some thoughts I wanted to share.

I don't know what Shardul has done in the past. If his suspension is the culmination of many transgressions, then I say he got what was coming to him. But, based on grantwoodtx's post, if it just had to do with helping Hadi out, then I really think the Mods got it wrong.

If the Mod that made this call never bends the rules, always drives the speed limit and never beats his wife, then he's a better man. But I bet he does and makes him the same as me, you and Shardul. Selling stuff for other folks is against the rules, sure, but this is a little different given the circumstances. Maybe the Mods need to jump in on those threads and say, "hey, this isn't usually cool, but we'll let it slide since the guy's car was totaled and he's laid up yada yada yada".

I just don't think this forum needs to be run by such strict rules, that they can be bent occasionally under the right circumstances. What are those circumstances? I don't know, up to the mods and the perpetrator to figure out.

I don't post a ton, because my knowledge on these cars is limited. I do read the forums a lot, and I see a small group of people who are the major contributors. Guys like emoving, shardul, Yuille and so on. Really too many to list so sorry if you're not named. I think the point of this forum is to help people out, and if helping Hadi broke the rules, then I think the Mods have lost sight of why we're really all here.

I don't want to get into a pissing match with anyone. I don't know all what went on and I really don't care. I guess my point is we're here to help each other, talk about cars and stuff, and kill time on the Internet. If that starts getting infringed on for any reason, then maybe we need to think about going else ware to spend out time.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
MODS - No acceptions???
Old 03-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
One man once said:

"If a terrorist, or a gangster, kidnaps your kid or wife or family member and I come to you and tell you that I can bring them back alive, would it matter to you how I bring them back????"

How is that for braking the rules MODS?

This is am enthusiasts FORUM. My understanding is that everyone here signed up because of the help and knowledge one can receive from another. The more I look at it the more i see how wrong I'm.................
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Love what Shardul has done and the knowledge he brings to the forum.. However, this is more than just helping Hadi part out his car.. This just gave the mods another reason to throw the gauntlet down on him... Im all for the Texas crew, but you cant tell me constantly selling powder coated surge tanks (mind you at $300 a pop, with a core replacement) wasnt going to get noticed

Clearly not all the parts he was selling were from his car, and thats where I think the mods cross the line
Just trying to look at it from a different perspective
Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Love what Shardul has done and the knowledge he brings to the forum.. However, this is more than just helping Hadi part out his car.. This just gave the mods another reason to throw the gauntlet down on him... Im all for the Texas crew, but you cant tell me constantly selling powder coated surge tanks (mind you at $300 a pop, with a core replacement) wasnt going to get noticed

Clearly not all the parts he was selling were from his car, and thats where I think the mods cross the line
Just trying to look at it from a different perspective
How about we try to calculate how much money he saved to most of the people here? Yeah that is right we can't because it is countless, and also pay it forward does not always work does it? Lets look at it from this perspective!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vioilio
How about we try to calculate how much money he saved to most of the people here? Lets look at it from this perspective!
Never said he didnt save people $$$ or help them with all the knowledge he had..
Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Originally Posted by moosejaw
I thought this was a thread about Shardul selling suspension parts
I see that it is not.
This place sux
me too lol

Originally Posted by shooter
So I usually don't chime in on this crap since it doesn't involve me or anyone I know, but I was thinking about this the whole time I was mowing my backyard during lunch today and had some thoughts I wanted to share.

I don't know what Shardul has done in the past. If his suspension is the culmination of many transgressions, then I say he got what was coming to him. But, based on grantwoodtx's post, if it just had to do with helping Hadi out, then I really think the Mods got it wrong.

If the Mod that made this call never bends the rules, always drives the speed limit and never beats his wife, then he's a better man. But I bet he does and makes him the same as me, you and Shardul. Selling stuff for other folks is against the rules, sure, but this is a little different given the circumstances. Maybe the Mods need to jump in on those threads and say, "hey, this isn't usually cool, but we'll let it slide since the guy's car was totaled and he's laid up yada yada yada".

I just don't think this forum needs to be run by such strict rules, that they can be bent occasionally under the right circumstances. What are those circumstances? I don't know, up to the mods and the perpetrator to figure out.

I don't post a ton, because my knowledge on these cars is limited. I do read the forums a lot, and I see a small group of people who are the major contributors. Guys like emoving, shardul, Yuille and so on. Really too many to list so sorry if you're not named. I think the point of this forum is to help people out, and if helping Hadi broke the rules, then I think the Mods have lost sight of why we're really all here.

I don't want to get into a pissing match with anyone. I don't know all what went on and I really don't care. I guess my point is we're here to help each other, talk about cars and stuff, and kill time on the Internet. If that starts getting infringed on for any reason, then maybe we need to think about going else ware to spend out time.
micro management at its best
Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Never said he didnt save people $$$ or help them with all the knowledge he had..
No matter what perspective we use, one thing is for sure: he was a great asset to THIS forum!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by vioilio
How about we try to calculate how much money he saved to most of the people here? Yeah that is right we can't because it is countless, and also pay it forward does not always work does it? Lets look at it from this perspective!
Thats the problem right there, hes saved us too much money which some vendors may not be happy about.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by tbal
Thats the problem right there, hes saved us too much money which some vendors may not be happy about.

exactly
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
I am sure mods are watching this thread every minute There must be a reason why they are quiet
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
The most important thing Shardul has done is bring knowledge and resources to a platform that's aging BUT still so much fun to own and mod. Shardul has encouraged a culture of finding better, easier and cheaper ways to get the best bang for our buck.

Today is a tuning point in the life of the W211 E55 forum. I've seen so many members going to another forum where members can help each other out in any way possible without being disciplined by MODS who seem to have other than the forums best interest at heart (with exceptions). There are alternatives to almost every piece of hardware being sold here for big profits being offered elsewhere for better prices.

I know for a fact my car is what it is due to the contribution of this forum but Shardul, Jerry and Brooke mainly.

Life goes on just elsewhere!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
The most important thing Shardul has done is bring knowledge and resources to a platform that's aging BUT still so much fun to own and mod. Shardul has encouraged a culture of finding better, easier and cheaper ways to get the best bang for our buck.

Today is a tuning point in the life of the W211 E55 forum. I've seen so many members going to another forum where members can help each other out in any way possible without being disciplined by MODS who seem to have other than the forums best interest at heart (with exceptions). There are alternatives to almost every piece of hardware being sold here for big profits being offered elsewhere for better prices.

I know for a fact my car is what it is due to the contribution of this forum but Shardul, Jerry and Brooke mainly.

Life goes on just elsewhere!