Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Atlanta Caffeine and Octane April 1st

After this:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...march-4-a.html

I decided to make the 6 hr road trip to ATL for the April 1 event.

Who else is going?

So far I know abhatti55 and chawkins2001 will be there as well as the BI guys. Would love to see more members attend.
My itinerary:
I'll be arriving on Saturday afternoon in time to hopefully meet the man "Tony" at Buckhead Imports and get on the dyno. Then meeting some folks for dinner at Fogo de Chao and then drinks at the Ritz in Buckhead if anyone wants to join. Sounds like abhatti55, chawkins2001 and maybe Greg and Jason from BI will be joining for drinks at the Ritz.

Sunday morning we are meeting at BI and following them over to the show.

Hope to see you guys there. Please PM me if you want to join for dinner and/or drinks so I can make reservations.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:37 PM

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts
'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
+1 Will be making the 3.5 hour drive. Can't wait.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I will most certainly attend, I am pretty sure that FASN8N, StevieG, Nanayaw6, Mike from Vossen and a few bimmer guys will be in for the fun and festivities.

Are you going to make a reservation for Fogo, make sure you choose the Buckhead location as that is right close by the Ritz where all the playas are
Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 PM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I will most certainly attend, I am pretty sure that FASN8N, StevieG, Nanayaw6, Mike from Vossen and a few bimmer guys will be in for the fun and festivities.

Are you going to make a reservation for Fogo, make sure you choose the Buckhead location as that is right close by the Ritz where all the playas are
Great! Glad the wife is staying at home then since Mike will be there. She's wanting some Vossen's for her S5. LOL
Yeah I can make the reservations for Fogo. Just need a head count. Would 8:00 be too late? Just trying to allow some extra time for abhatti55 to get to town.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I will reach out to the local crew, and get a head count here shortly.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
What all is on the agenda? Sound slike fun and I could easilly fly in for a weekend.. Drive is a little far from Htown, unless I pull a boat to hit a few lakes.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
I will be there for sure at the C&O show that Sunday, will have to see what is going on Sat night. Would love to grab some grub at Fogo, I can eat my self silly in that place.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 PM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
What all is on the agenda? Sound slike fun and I could easilly fly in for a weekend.. Drive is a little far from Htown, unless I pull a boat to hit a few lakes.
Big car show on Sunday but me and Craig are setting up dinner ate Fogo de Chao and drinks at the Ritz. If you haven't already, click on the link above and look at the pictures Craig took at the last one. Pretty awesome rides there. If you want to fly in I'll provide you with E55 taxi service from the airport and me and abhatti55 is staying at the Ritz in Buckhead. Or you could drive to Mobile, AL and ride up with me! Just let me know if you need any help with anything. Shardul has my numbers or you can PM me.
BTW Houston is next on my list to visit and meet members.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 PM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Originally Posted by FASN8N
I will be there for sure at the C&O show that Sunday, will have to see what is going on Sat night. Would love to grab some grub at Fogo, I can eat my self silly in that place.
No doubt. My favorite restaurant there. Drinks at the Ritz too. First round on me!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:44 PM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Bump
Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
So far we have quite a few on the agenda, and Brooke, that would be shweeeeeeeeeet if you came in mang. Joey, the Regis on West Paces is WAAAAAAAAAAY better for drinks and pulling up in a badass sled. It is one of the wealthiest community roads in Atlanta and we could expect to see Lambos, Ferrari's when pulling up. Off course AMG's rule all, and we could not have a problem should we be challenged. This is the Saturday night, March 31. Sunday is the big Caffeine Octane show, hundreds of badass cars and Buckhead Imports will have our tent out there, so we can convoy up there, and all park together by the tent.

Couple pics from the last caffeine and octane, it was EPIC

So far on the card is:

Craig/Mandy-E55
Jason/Kelli-Supercharged M5 600rwhp
Fast eddie/Girlfriend-10 Sec Subbie
Greg-will be in something sick as usual
Adam/his wife-CL 65AMG
Bart (maybe)-E55 Estate
Nanayaw6/Girlfriend(maybe)-E55
StevieG/Wife-E63
Joey-E55
Abhatti-Brabus K8 SL55
Tony (maybe)/wife

Last edited by chawkins2001; 03-23-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:23 AM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Sweeeet! The Regis is fine with me. Sounds like a great spot. The Ritz parking is not so great--mostly valet. Is this list for dinner and drinks?
Ali's brother Hyder will be joining us so we can add him to the list. Think they will be bringing either his E55 or the S65 rather than the SL55.
Haven't heard from Brooke yet but it would be awesome if he could make it. Is 8 too late for dinner?
Tony is meeting me at Buckhead Imports around 2 or 3 Saturday, then I'll go to the Ritz to check in and will be good to go after that.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63 AMG, 1991 NSX, 2007 Corvette
Would love to make it to C&O, but the wife and I will be down at Barber Motorsportsway spectating the Honda Indy race. Im down in Tampa right now and got to check out some of the warm up laps for the Honda Indy race this weekend. Love the sounds of those engines.
Just my luck that this race will happen right when the C&O event happens especially with dinner downtown. Wife and I would love to be there but we will have to be there in spirit this time around, but hopefully we can make it next month.
Have a great time and be careful with Peachtree Street downtown, Greg can fill you in. It is like bombs went off downtown and the streets are eaten up. Lots of uneven surfaces. Nightmare if your car sits low.
Use that car raising button for sure.
Have a great time. StevieG
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM

03 E55
Hey Guys,

Figured this would be a good opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Avi. I just sold my BMW today and hope to own an E55 AMG sometime soon. I am really excited about owning one of these monsters. I have little to no experience with MB so I have been reading as much as I can here. I love the styling of the W211 and I am eager to feel the HP and torque that they have.

I have had an E36 M3 sedan and most recently and E34 touring with an S52 swap and manual transmission. Both cars were a lot of fun but nothing quite on the level of an E55 AMG.

Look forward to an opportunity to meet some of you at C&O and if possible get a ride in someones car

Take it easy all and hope to see you out there.

Avi
Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Have to agree about the ST Regis...

Far superior facility to the dated buckhead RC. More room for nice cars out front too! Would like to meet up with you guys but I'm going to Barber that weekend too.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 AM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Far superior facility to the dated buckhead RC. More room for nice cars out front too! Would like to meet up with you guys but I'm going to Barber that weekend too.
Originally Posted by stevieg
Would love to make it to C&O, but the wife and I will be down at Barber Motorsportsway spectating the Honda Indy race. Im down in Tampa right now and got to check out some of the warm up laps for the Honda Indy race this weekend. Love the sounds of those engines.
Just my luck that this race will happen right when the C&O event happens especially with dinner downtown. Wife and I would love to be there but we will have to be there in spirit this time around, but hopefully we can make it next month.
Have a great time and be careful with Peachtree Street downtown, Greg can fill you in. It is like bombs went off downtown and the streets are eaten up. Lots of uneven surfaces. Nightmare if your car sits low.
Use that car raising button for sure.
Have a great time. StevieG
Can't say I blame you. My original plan was to go to Barber as well but have been wanting to meet some of the ATL guys that I don't know already--was a tough choice. Figured this would be the best opportunity. Plan to do the same with the Houston crew some time since I'm sorta in between the two groups. Still trying to convince them to come to ATL though--ha.
Thanks for the heads up on the streets there. I usually make it to ATL 2-3 times a year so I know what you mean. Sucks.

Originally Posted by avinator
Hey Guys,

Figured this would be a good opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Avi. I just sold my BMW today and hope to own an E55 AMG sometime soon. I am really excited about owning one of these monsters. I have little to no experience with MB so I have been reading as much as I can here. I love the styling of the W211 and I am eager to feel the HP and torque that they have.

I have had an E36 M3 sedan and most recently and E34 touring with an S52 swap and manual transmission. Both cars were a lot of fun but nothing quite on the level of an E55 AMG.

Look forward to an opportunity to meet some of you at C&O and if possible get a ride in someones car

Take it easy all and hope to see you out there.

Avi
Look forward to meeting you bro. Look for the Buckhead Imports tent. That's where we will be!
Nothing like the E55. I've owned numerous cars and this is the first one that after 6 months I wasn't looking at the next thing I wanted. Was seriously considering a newer E63 but after driving a E55 I had to get one. The supercharger, for me, made the difference. We bought my wife a S5 several months ago and she made the comment that we needed to start saving for my next car. She was shocked when I said I don't want a new car and would drive it till it needed a new engine and then I'd get a new engine. If I ever change I expect it would be to a E63 and strap on a supercharger.
If traffic and time permits I'm sure a ride in one of the beasts can happen!

(Sorry for the delayed responses. Been spending most of my internet time on the other planet)
Old 03-25-2012, 11:00 AM

03 E55
Originally Posted by jddumas
Can't say I blame you. My original plan was to go to Barber as well but have been wanting to meet some of the ATL guys that I don't know already--was a tough choice. Figured this would be the best opportunity. Plan to do the same with the Houston crew some time since I'm sorta in between the two groups. Still trying to convince them to come to ATL though--ha.
Thanks for the heads up on the streets there. I usually make it to ATL 2-3 times a year so I know what you mean. Sucks.

Look forward to meeting you bro. Look for the Buckhead Imports tent. That's where we will be!
Nothing like the E55. I've owned numerous cars and this is the first one that after 6 months I wasn't looking at the next thing I wanted. Was seriously considering a newer E63 but after driving a E55 I had to get one. The supercharger, for me, made the difference. We bought my wife a S5 several months ago and she made the comment that we needed to start saving for my next car. She was shocked when I said I don't want a new car and would drive it till it needed a new engine and then I'd get a new engine. If I ever change I expect it would be to a E63 and strap on a supercharger.
If traffic and time permits I'm sure a ride in one of the beasts can happen!

(Sorry for the delayed responses. Been spending most of my internet time on the other planet)
Sounds cool. I will look for the Buckhead Imports tent. Now I just need to make sure I get my *** out of bed. Not that easy to get up early on a Sunday morning
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Joey, StevieG and his wife are out. We need to make reservations and Fogo early this week sir!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 AM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Joey, StevieG and his wife are out. We need to make reservations and Fogo early this week sir!
Is 8:00 ok?
So on your end there is probably 14 for dinner? I can make the reservations today.
If we need reservations at the Regis please make them.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I have not heard back from Tony, Nanayaw6, and StevieG is out, so exclude all of them. We dont need reservations for the St Regis Bar, so we are good to go there. 730pm would work better, but if you can only do 8pm, we are down too.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:37 AM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
I have not heard back from Tony, Nanayaw6, and StevieG is out, so exclude all of them. We dont need reservations for the St Regis Bar, so we are good to go there. 730pm would work better, but if you can only do 8pm, we are down too.
I reserved us an area from 7:30-9:30. I only reserved 14 spots but there is room for more, up to 25, if we just let them know. The reservations are under my name and yours.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 79 Likes on 77 Posts
AMG
Awesome, will see yall at C&O Sunday....maybe a drink before then. Cheers!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 PM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Awesome, will see yall at C&O Sunday....maybe a drink before then. Cheers!
WHAT????? I thought you were joining us for dinner and drinks Saturday night. What's up with that? I told my wife she couldn't come because I was afraid you and her would team up on me and I would have to buy her some wheels for her S5--before I get all my mods. I should have never shown her your site. Craig said you are a stand up guy but I didn't think this was what he meant. LOL
Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 79 Likes on 77 Posts
AMG
Exclamation

BTW later that Sunday at 2pm there is a luxury car meet happening off 400...nice spot for pics, I'll be there as well.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sout...-car-meet.html

Originally Posted by jddumas
WHAT????? I thought you were joining us for dinner and drinks Saturday night. What's up with that? I told my wife she couldn't come because I was afraid you and her would team up on me and I would have to buy her some wheels for her S5--before I get all my mods. I should have never shown her your site. Craig said you are a stand up guy but I didn't think this was what he meant. LOL
hahahahaha. Oh dear...did you say S5...yes our S5 gallery is quite..convincing
Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Shweet, Joey, bring the wif, my lady and jasons lady will be present.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlanta Caffeine and Octane April 1st