This forum is a joke

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
This forum is a joke

I havnt posted in a few weeks and been really busy with work and never really had time to see whats new in the forums.

I see that shardul has been baned again and honeslty hate this place for it,the guy has done nothing but help us out with throwing ideas and trying new things and we all learn a few things from each other.Its what makes this place what it is and the home for many of us 55k owners.

I logged in today to actually make a thread about the sneaky reset and wanted to bounce a few questions and ideas about the TCU tuning him and jerry are testing and he has been banned? For selling parts off a car that was wrecked?Ok hadi got banned and that was also BS and deserves its own thread but the mods here have an agenda against those guys and are using there mod privliges to the extreme and need to be checked out of here.

I can remember seeing in the off topic section having many threads of newbie little kids becoming mods and having a huge welcome thread.Iv been on this forum since it opened as a lurker and then signed up when I wanted to up the boost on my 1980 300 turbo diesel and back then this place was 100x better without having a few punk kids with power trips.

We need a mod to moderate the mods on here and get this place back like the old days.

Now on to my tcu question

I did the sneaky reset last night just for the hell of it and the last time I did it was well over a year ago and I figured what the heck and gave it a shot leaving work last night.The temps were in the high 70s and I could use second gear full grip and wanted to see if it made a difference.

Ok first of all the car felt like it picked up about 40-50ftlbs of torque everywhere and I dont care about shift speeds,my car is driven in s-3 all day and I never use first gear becasue it wheel hops very violently and the traction control goes crazzy and thats when things get broke so I really dont care about shift speeds since I drive the car in 3rd gear 90% of the time.

What I noticed in 3rd gear is a huge increase of torque and the car feels verry peppy,mind you I just put down 556whp and the car is fast as hell but the sneaky reset gave me a big increase where I drive the car the most,in 3rd gear where the car can put the power down.

now I think the sneaky reset does not do anything with the tranny adaptations and has something to do with clearing the memory of the traction control system as the car learns how much T it gives for the traction to break,like if the car sences wheel spin it slowly keeps adding limiters to pull torque and it keeps pulling them until the car sees less wheel spin.

This is just a theory of mine and I have no proof of its but from my but dyno the car woke up and would destroy the tires in second gear after the reset,im talking wheel hop central and the tc was not really cutting any power.

So does anyone know a few tricks in start to shut the damn tc off or stop it from adapting and pulling power?

I read that a member has the tcu tune and he still does the sneaky reset every once and a while and it makes a difference.

If someone can make the car run all the time the way it does after a sneaky reset I would def love to test it out.

Kleemann has been trying to crack the tc system and has yet to get it done.You guys dont know how much electronics this car has in pulling power and its the reason sometimes the car just rapes and pulls and then it feels numb and slow.

To many gizmos running and messing it up for us.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by skratch77
I havnt posted in a few weeks and been really busy with work and never really had time to see whats new in the forums.

I see that shardul has been baned again and honeslty hate this place for it,the guy has done nothing but help us out with throwing ideas and trying new things and we all learn a few things from each other.Its what makes this place what it is and the home for many of us 55k owners.

I logged in today to actually make a thread about the sneaky reset and wanted to bounce a few questions and ideas about the TCU tuning him and jerry are testing and he has been banned? For selling parts off a car that was wrecked?Ok hadi got banned and that was also BS and deserves its own thread but the mods here have an agenda against those guys and are using there mod privliges to the extreme and need to be checked out of here.

I can remember seeing in the off topic section having many threads of newbie little kids becoming mods and having a huge welcome thread.Iv been on this forum since it opened as a lurker and then signed up when I wanted to up the boost on my 1980 300 turbo diesel and back then this place was 100x better without having a few punk kids with power trips.

We need a mod to moderate the mods on here and get this place back like the old days.

Now on to my tcu question

I did the sneaky reset last night just for the hell of it and the last time I did it was well over a year ago and I figured what the heck and gave it a shot leaving work last night.The temps were in the high 70s and I could use second gear full grip and wanted to see if it made a difference.

Ok first of all the car felt like it picked up about 40-50ftlbs of torque everywhere and I dont care about shift speeds,my car is driven in s-3 all day and I never use first gear becasue it wheel hops very violently and the traction control goes crazzy and thats when things get broke so I really dont care about shift speeds since I drive the car in 3rd gear 90% of the time.

What I noticed in 3rd gear is a huge increase of torque and the car feels verry peppy,mind you I just put down 556whp and the car is fast as hell but the sneaky reset gave me a big increase where I drive the car the most,in 3rd gear where the car can put the power down.

now I think the sneaky reset does not do anything with the tranny adaptations and has something to do with clearing the memory of the traction control system as the car learns how much T it gives for the traction to break,like if the car sences wheel spin it slowly keeps adding limiters to pull torque and it keeps pulling them until the car sees less wheel spin.

This is just a theory of mine and I have no proof of its but from my but dyno the car woke up and would destroy the tires in second gear after the reset,im talking wheel hop central and the tc was not really cutting any power.

So does anyone know a few tricks in start to shut the damn tc off or stop it from adapting and pulling power?

I read that a member has the tcu tune and he still does the sneaky reset every once and a while and it makes a difference.

If someone can make the car run all the time the way it does after a sneaky reset I would def love to test it out.

Kleemann has been trying to crack the tc system and has yet to get it done.You guys dont know how much electronics this car has in pulling power and its the reason sometimes the car just rapes and pulls and then it feels numb and slow.

I wasn't here for the glory days. But it sucks having so many of the good guys getting banned.

As for your question I have done the sneaky reset several times since getting my TCU tuned and can't really tell a difference. It was night and day difference when I was stock. I'll try again this afternoon if the weather clears up just for you.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
I agree with you. This place was awesome until recently. I lurked here for a few years before I joined. My car wouldn't be where it's at if it wasn't for the OG's of this forum. Thank you all!

And as far as the sneaky reset, I will see if it does anything on my car as I have the TCU tune. So far my car feels exactly the same. But who knows. I'll let you know as soon as I get my car back. It's getting some more done to it.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
Besides always running in dyno mode, I havent heard anything of turning the TC off all the way.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
I wish there was a way to tell for sure it "reset"
Old 03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Can't you just reset it through STAR if you have it?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by djrabbi
Good question, lets ask Shardul...
Old 03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Old 03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
Good question, lets ask Shardul...
Old 03-21-2012, 01:52 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe
Was around when this place was much better. Guys got banned for getting into pissing contests and threatening people. Not for trying to help a friend out or banning guys for selling parts just because they might be doing a little business on the side, big fawking deal. The fees for becoming a sponsor on this site is big $$.

How annoying is it to see the spam from Nitto tires every time you log into this site?? Sure they are paying but are you kidding me.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
I do the sneaky reset every night when I come home from work and park my car in the garage. It's like a new car in the morning everyday!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by amg guy
Was around when this place was much better. Guys got banned for getting into pissing contests and threatening people. Not for trying to help a friend out or banning guys for selling parts just because they might be doing a little business on the side, big fawking deal. The fees for becoming a sponsor on this site is big $$.

How annoying is it to see the spam from Nitto tires every time you log into this site?? Sure they are paying but are you kidding me.
I'll second that

It really s-cks when you click on a thread fast, and then it goes to their add

H-ll, I already have their tires so I REALLY do not want to see advertisement
Old 03-21-2012, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Angelo

I couldn't have expressed it better than you have in your first few paragraphs about how rediculous this place has become. Next they'll be banning Brooke (ExoticMetal) as he bought Hadi's engine.

Well said bro!

Shardul still lives over on PSC so take your questions to him there.

As to the TCU and sneaky reset. I also have the EC TCU tune and alos recently added a Quaife LSD. Prior to all that I'd do the reset and sometimes I could tell an immediate difference and other times I could tell 0 difference in driveability after the sneaky reset. After the TCU tune I notice no difference in pre and post TCU reset. I do however notice a difference if I use STAR to reset TCU adaptions and engine throotle body adaptions. So all I can say for certain is I think it used to work prior to the TCU tune but now it has 0 impact on the TCU.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by amg guy
I am so glad someone else raised this. Let's start a REMOVE THE NITTO SPAM BANNER THREAD! I don't care if truck tires can get 60,000 miles!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by skratch77

I too was wondering the same thing yesterday....I was at an intersection waiting to take a left turn, tried to get on it (intentionally trying to rotate the car) and the car was just flat (my wifes Lexus felt more responsive)...I had not lost any traction, but it was as if the car "knew" I would based on steering angle turn, speed, etc. and killed the power before I even had any slippage or rotation....

Then later after driving a bit more aggressively , I approached a right hand turn at ~30 mph and was able to get the car to rotate before the ESP/ ABS kicked in for a nano second....The car felt very different...

I'm over on the Evo forums and have tweaked the Evo quite a bit. I cannot believe that folks have not dis-assembled the e55 ECU & TCU....Hopefully we will get some more info soon.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
this play is ok.. but the action is on the cars that have Turbos.

I'll be joining the 4.6TT forum probably next year, when I can afford an E550
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55

STAR will reset all your adaptives , so yes STAR is the best way to clear it all out.

I hope I did not say someting wrong, as I feel like I have a target on the back of my head.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 03-21-2012, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
does anyone have the walk through on how to reset the adaptations in STAR? or should I ask on PSC instead?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Pinto
what is psc?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55

Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM

2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by AWOL

LOL. I see what you did there.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
My question is how is this "speedlimit" character an administrator with 2XX post that drives a LINCOLN?????? atleast drive the brand

https://mbworld.org/forums/5112905-post50.html
Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by AWOL

Old 03-21-2012, 07:31 PM

Pinto
now i see, PSC..= PLANET SUPERCAR...THEY HAVE "SUPER GIRL" SECTION WHICH IS A PLUS..LOVE IT ....EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK IT OUT.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by 02S430
My question is how is this "speedlimit" character an administrator with 2XX post that drives a LINCOLN?????? atleast drive the brand

https://mbworld.org/forums/5112905-post50.html
Nice! Some one should see how these volunteers act before they give them the job. Some people have no control in their own life, so when they "feel" like they have a LITTLE power, they take it to another level. Or maybe they were picked on as kids.

BTW I drive a Lincoln to. What you trying to say.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: This forum is a joke