Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Renntech CLS55 questions

Hello members need some insight here:
Just bought a 2006 CLS55 Renntech stage 5 on friday .. yes I know wrong forum you guys in the W211 are the most active ! and knowledgable .
The CLS has 34K miles on it .. pristine , drove it from Sarasota to Miami .. 300 miles since last Friday great . Here are the questions :
- Yesterday the check engine came on .. car runs great , idles great , no malfunction on the cluster ( I am not yet sure how to tap into the cluster deeper menus ) .. but as I said no malfunction .. CEL is on , gas cap is fine ..idle is fine , no smoke ..just CEL
- THat my first 55K motor much less a Renntech one , my last car was the V12TT CL600 , and my other M113 is the W210 E55.. so I dont yet have that much experience with the 55K .
- Can I do the famous ECU reset on that car as in my W210 E55, or I heard that since the ECU has been redone by Renntech , that the reset wont work .. is that true ? I know that may not fix the CEL .. but can one reset the ECU on a Renntech car ?
- Car has ECU, TCU, Long tube headers, Carbon fiber intake , pulley, upgraded intercooler and pumps, TB, even mufflers , brakes , wheels all by Renntech..I usually use MB of Fort Lauderdale .. will they give me a hard time if it is a Renntech car and ECU ? I know my S/A there and I dont " think " that shoudl be a problem .. but am I better off taking it to Renntech themselves .. is that the only safe way .. or should I at least see what the SDS say ?
Thank you all
Max

Last edited by maxwerks; 03-26-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: title
Old 03-25-2012, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Take they car to auotozone or somewhere similar to get the cel code read for free. Then go from there to troubleshoot the poxxx cel code.

Btw congrats on the cls . Don't think a sneaky reset would do any harm at all.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Congrats on the CLS bro! Who is your SA at Ft. Lauderdale? I'm there all the time and know many people there. I can help yo figure out your problem. I also have a master tech that can help. He used to work for Pembroke Pines MB but now owns his own place. Let me know whats up or pm me your number or some thing.

BTW join another Planet. You'll get more info over there.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Congrats on the CLS bro! Who is your SA at Ft. Lauderdale? I'm there all the time and know many people there. I can help yo figure out your problem. I also have a master tech that can help. He used to work for Pembroke Pines MB but now owns his own place. Let me know whats up or pm me your number or some thing.

BTW join another Planet. You'll get more info over there.
Thanks a lot .. looking forward to meeting you .. my service advisor at MB Ft. Lauderdale is Michael Ferrara very nice guy and he takes care of the family , but I know he is not a Techie .. I also have an indie I like a lot , Ross at Hollywood Foreign cars.. he speaks Mod a bit ore than MB, I will most likely have him hook the car up to his SDS tomorrow and take it from there ... although if I dropped it off at MB I can probably get a loaner !! Thanks again I will text you tomorrow , best regards,
Max
Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by maxwerks
Thanks a lot .. looking forward to meeting you .. my service advisor at MB Ft. Lauderdale is Michael Ferrara very nice guy and he takes care of the family , but I know he is not a Techie .. I also have an indie I like a lot , Ross at Hollywood Foreign cars.. he speaks Mod a bit ore than MB, I will most likely have him hook the car up to his SDS tomorrow and take it from there ... although if I dropped it off at MB I can probably get a loaner !! Thanks again I will text you tomorrow , best regards,
Max
LOL, I know Ferrara, he disappeared with my wifes CLS for a week. I'm friends with the managers there. And a few of the salesmen and finace people. You can definately get a loaner. And it should be nothing to get the code.
The managers know how deep my car is modded, and will do anything to keep my warranty. They are goood guys. And will help with what ever you need. I'll pm you my number. I work out from 8-11am and I'll be on the golf course after that untill 6pm. But you can text or call me any time.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update

well the CLS read as follows after it was hooked up to the SDS today , of course by the time I made it their , the CEL was gone ( Go figure ) so thats what was stored in the memory :
- Idle Speed Control Implausible : check system for unmetered air
- Undervoltage supply
I have no idea what the first one could be
We ran the car while on SDS and everything read fine !
Drove the car few miles .. so far no CEL , car is driving fine ...so far !!
Any comments or insight from the experienced members is greatly appreciated
Cheers ,
Max
Old 03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Max, most of 55K guys are in Planet Supercar now..... you might have more chance to get answer.

http://www.**************.com/forum/forum.php
Old 03-27-2012, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you Charlie .. I never knew about that site I guess I havent been up on things .. thanks again I will join there
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
lol My car is at Ft. Lauderdale now.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
lol My car is at Ft. Lauderdale now.
what happened ? Hopefully nothing serious ... after my last post , my CEL came back again .. car still drives fine .. same code ( unmetered air ) doing a search here, it looks like a lot of people have had that mysterious error specially the ones with a modified TB , mine has that too .. spoke with Renntech .. they said it is best to drop the car off with them for a while and have them go through it .. which is not a bad idea .. little inconvenient but not out of the question just need to find the time as things have been really hectic at work . HOpe youre doing well .. keep me posted , hopefully we ll have coffee together soon looking forward to meeting you . Cheers , Max