W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RENNtech SLR: new Mercedes World Record: 9.68 @ 142 mph !!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Is this the Renntech 750hp package or custom since 750hp is about 615whp which e55amgrocket's car is making as well as Exotic's CL55. If it is the 750hp package it means the 55ks being built here despite the cooling problems and what not are running the same and maybe more power than the Renntech 750hp Package....
Old 03-30-2012, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Header and TB improvements.... still no NOS

By the way, the car still has more in it.... this record was set in worse conditions than the one set in November.
Worse conditions than last time?? They listed it on Dragtimes PREVIOUS 9.76 @ 140.8 mph was run in NEGATIVE -400 DA @ 55 cold *** degrees, you guys are dreaming if you think they ran any of these 9 sec runs w/out Nitrous.

Do you know how much rwhp it takes to cut a 1.42 60' on a 4100 lb car ???? Def NOT 680 rwhp lol..

They listed Curb weight w/Driver as 4100 lbs w/680 rwhp on DynoJet Do you guys belive anything they tell you? It would take 800+ rwhp to run 9.68 @ 142 mph IE 916+ Crank HP.. Not 680 rwhp as they claimed 1 tenth & 1 mph ago, here's the link
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23719.html

Chk this HP calc from .. http://www.hotrodpitstop.com/tool.php

Last edited by Thericker; 03-30-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Ive been in a stcok SLR as passenger and its just such a different ball game compared to my pretty heavily modded 55... just cant imgaine how this car must feel like...

Think its just brillaint .... but agree with Thericker its def getting a boost of juice.... wish they would just come clean with the mods.

Last edited by stevebez; 03-30-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
Timing lights shows a 1.44 60' and I definitely hear a 4th gear shift at around 1000ft. Great run.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
And the hating has begun................
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
If we had a full HONEST list of the mods done then that would clear alot of things up. The times the car is running with them saying it makes 680rwhp at 4100lbs IS NOT POSSIBLE. I've been around drag racing all my life and a 4100lb car running 9.68 at 142mph with only 680rwhp dosent add up. My cobra made 780rwhp with a 3.4 whipple, i would 60ft 1.38-1.44 and somehow only ran 9.60-9.70 at 3660lbs and there was a bunch of other guys that ran right around that time with the same mods and weight. Obviously the car has a pretty decent shot of nitrous on it but who cares just be honest about it. Nitrous or not the car is flying.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Obviously the car has a pretty decent shot of nitrous on it but who cares just be honest about it. Nitrous or not the car is flying.
+1000000
Old 03-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I just find the added mods to be hilarious. They claim header changes every time haha. I don't feel like going through old posts but sgc claims more boost and headers every time the car goes faster. And now someone is claiming stock boost??? I asked the owner directly last time what changed and he said $50k suspension (rape) and a body kit. That's it. The car is fast that's for sure, but being dishonest about the mods to promote sales and your company reflects very poorly on the people lying. Just come clean. The drag racers know you're not running those et's and traps with the specs they are giving and the story never adds up.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-30-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I can't watch to vid on my iPhone, but that's a good point. My car shifts into 4th right before the 1/4. How long is he in 4th?

He could also be short shifting 2nd or 3rd in manual mode. My car won't allow this, even with the Speedriven TCU. Manual is not manual in the SL600 TCU tune. You suggest want you want, but it ignores you.

Or he may have changed rolling diameter out back, which effectively changes gearing, without really changing gearing.
SLR is not the same gear ratio as SL
its the 3. somthing and the car already comes with an M1 and M2 mode, so yes it shift fast when you compare it to any other 55k or 65

tried playing with the TCU once, wont work unles you upgrade ur gear ratio

Last edited by Zod; 03-30-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
And the hating has begun................
lol +10000 when someone else cant beat another's accomplishments they start to hate lol .. pretty sad actually

i cant tell you how many times in high school and college wrestling i was accused of steroid use by a particular few other wrestlers (haters) cuz they couldnt seem win a match against me... CLEARLY it was steriods and not due to the fact that they werent on the same level.

To SGC, awesome run bro! keep breakin them records and setting the bar higher and higher!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
This isn't wrestling. 4100lbs and 680rwhp dosent get you to run 9.68@142. If you think it does more power to you.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
This isn't wrestling. 4100lbs and 680rwhp dosent get you to run 9.68@142. If you think it does more power to you.
the wrestling was an analogy that you didnt get as to how people always have to hate and make excuses to bring someone else down when someones does good... but go figure, that is the american reality TV way... drama

you have his dyno and his last scale weight?

i am thinking the most recent $50K in suspension changes significantly lightened the car

honestly i dont care what he did to the car.... he ran a 9.68.... bottom line
Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by gaspam
the wrestling was an analogy that you didnt get as to how people always have to hate and make excuses to bring someone else down when someones does good... but go figure, that is the american reality TV way... drama

i am thinking the most recent $50K in suspension changes significantly lightened the car

and there it is. Jealousy and denial just rears itself in some folks. Probably at home kicking the cat or dog, perhaps even the wife, since they cannot put down the same. If they don't want to list their full mods, so what? It is up to them, it's their run, it's their car. Congrats and call it a day.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Originally Posted by pearlpower
and there it is. Jealousy and denial just rears itself in some folks. Probably at home kicking the cat or dog, perhaps even the wife, since they cannot put down the same. If they don't want to list their full mods, so what? It is up to them, it's their run, it's their car. Congrats and call it a day.

I find myself agreeing with you on this statement.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate

^^^^^^ That's right, it's all up to the owner if they want to post things. And remember, there are plenty of people that have faster cars that don't post anywhere. The owner didn't post this. And probably for this very reason.I don't know and can't say. But props are still do IMHO.
I thought we were all here to push these cars to new limits. That's why I'm here , as well as most others. I don't care about the mods. I don't care about the tuner. I don't care about the driver. The bottom line is that another Mercedes is hauling A$$ on the track. With video to prove it. That to me deserves a crongrats.
People will question anything for any reason. Doesn't mean that they didn't do what they just did. I'm not trying to offend any one or disrespect any one. So don't take it that way. I'm staring at my computer just like you are. But I'm chasing records just like the next guy. Doesn't mean I will get it, but i will give credit where credit is due. That's just me.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
lol +10000 when someone else cant beat another's accomplishments they start to hate lol .. pretty sad actually

i cant tell you how many times in high school and college wrestling i was accused of steroid use by a particular few other wrestlers (haters) cuz they couldnt seem win a match against me... CLEARLY it was steriods and not due to the fact that they werent on the same level.

To SGC, awesome run bro! keep breakin them records and setting the bar higher and higher!
You're right. Haters are going to hate, liars are going to lie, nut swingers are going to swing, and realists will keep it real. Sorry for giving people facts about racing. A car makes x whp and weighs y pounds you can estimate what they run. Physics, plain and simple.

His weight and power was posted last time he ran 9.7@140. Bit I guess tb and header modifications for the hundredth time really shaves alot of weight!

The $50k in suspension mods was what the owner said changed between the 10.2 run and the 9.7. Not the recent passes. Although $50k less in his pockets might sound like a great weight saving mod its really not. Its more like <$10k in suspension components and $40k in grade A rape with no lube

Originally Posted by War Tank
You signed up for the forum just to post this. Wonder who you are
[/COLOR]

^^^^^^ That's right, it's all up to the owner if they want to post things. And remember, there are plenty of people that have faster cars that don't post anywhere. The owner didn't post this. And probably for this very reason.I don't know and can't say. But props are still do IMHO.
I thought we were all here to push these cars to new limits. That's why I'm here , as well as most others. I don't care about the mods. I don't care about the tuner. I don't care about the driver. The bottom line is that another Mercedes is hauling A$$ on the track. With video to prove it. That to me deserves a crongrats.
People will question anything for any reason. Doesn't mean that they didn't do what they just did. I'm not trying to offend any one or disrespect any one. So don't take it that way. I'm staring at my computer just like you are. But I'm chasing records just like the next guy. Doesn't mean I will get it, but i will give credit where credit is due. That's just me.
I don't know about you but I thought this forum was here to share info and help others. That's what I try to do. How does lying about mods to increase sales achieve that? Its a fast car but what good does it do the members by just posting times?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by War Tank
Ohh look, some tool from Rennscam just joined the forum and made his first post.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[/COLOR]

very well said! +100
Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I don't know about you but I thought this forum was here to share info and help others. That's what I try to do. How does lying about mods to increase sales achieve that? Its a fast car but what good does it do the members by just posting times?
Your right bout that. But like I said, the owner didn't post this. Afriend did. So until the owner releases his mods we will never know the truth. It still ran a great time,and deserves some credit. But I will say this, The next time I'm at the track, I will definately video the car, its engine, and trunk.
I'm not a Renntech fan. I think you can see from my sig, who I support.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to offend any one. Not every one is as helpful as you are. Thanks for that, by the way. But I think I will make your next private rental, so that you can get to know me. And know that I ain't about no bullsh*t. Besides, you might be able to drive my car faster than me. Either way I'd love to make the trip. Make sure you let me know when. You guys set the bar, I'm just trying to catch it.

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 03-30-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

What's w/you guys?? RENNtech's previous record in Negative -400 DA ran 9.76 @ 140.8 @ 4100 lbs w/Driver in 55 F 680 rwhp..

They made a whopping 1 tenth & 1 mph gain after supposed Header changes & $50k in suspension Lube errr work & porting there Bunghole 2000 mm to achieve 9.68 @ 142 obviously money wisely spent for barely 1 tenth in ET & 1 mph

NO hate the cars flying! We're NOT lemmings nor do we belive for a second this SLR increased from previous original RECORD of 10.2x to magical 9.6x w/modifications listed, I'll bet you newbs would by shares of the "Brooklyn Bridge" if RENN started offering it as an IPO..

Chk the link I listed from Dragtimes they stated the SLR ran 1 tenth 1 mph slower w/680 rwhp @ 4100 curb weight cutting a 1.42 60' do the pesky annoying math... It takes @ least 800 rwhp to achieve these ET's / Traps/ 60's @ 4100 lbs

Last edited by Thericker; 03-30-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
To haters:

So what about the numbers? Nobody has yet to dispute this. Again, so what? IF the owner wants to post up his real mods then so be it. But if you see where the owner posted up HIS REAL MODS then please, by all means, let us know because I am sure not aware of it. Fact is Dragtimes does not display most mods for most people, never has, perhaps never will. Again, so what? Big deal!

Folks on here get their pink little banana hammock all bunched up because their 'Occupy Protester' personality rears itself as if people owe them something. Folks owe you NOTHING (this goes to everyone). You have a problem, own up to some responsibility, man up, and go post up your own times.

Now if the owner of the car came here, and posted up those a few mods and the math did not add up, there you go, call him out. But this was a simple video posted up, by not Renntech, nor the owner. Just a video.

Of course I would love to know what the real mods are, but hey, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, it's just nice to see an MB in the 9's.

Last edited by pearlpower; 03-30-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,416 Likes on 2,855 Posts
2012 CLS63
damn that's an ugly front end, but boy it's sure fast.............
Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You're missing the boat guy, were commenting & disagree due to

To haters:

So what about the numbers? Nobody has yet to dispute this. Again, so what? IF the owner wants to post up his real mods then so be it. But if you see where the owner posted up HIS REAL MODS then please, by all means, let us know because I am sure not aware of it. Fact is Dragtimes does not display most mods for most people, never has, perhaps never will. Again, so what? Big deal!

Folks on here get their pink little banana hammock all bunched up because their 'Occupy Protester' personality rears itself as if people owe them something. Folks owe you NOTHING (this goes to everyone). Yoo have a problem, own up to some responsibility, man up, and go post up your own times.

Now if the owner of the car came here, and posted up those a few mods and the math did not add up, there you go, call him out. But this was a simple video posted up, by not Renntech, nor the owner. Just a video.

Of course I would love to know what the real mods are, but hey, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, it's just nice to see an MB in the 9's.
The blatantly obvious missing 120 rwhp from 680 rwhp listed (you're correct they owe us NOTHING, the problem herein lies they list NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE in there Dragtimes listing, it just doesn't add up) & in turn makes the current world record that denies ANY power adders or Nitrous use an utter JOKE..
Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
What's w/you guys?? RENNtech's previous record in Negative -400 DA ran 9.76 @ 140.8 @ 4100 lbs w/Driver in 55 F 680 rwhp..

They made a whopping 1 tenth & 1 mph gain after supposed Header changes & $50k in suspension Lube errr work & porting there Bunghole 2000 mm to achieve 9.68 @ 142 obviously money wisely spent for barely 1 tenth in ET & 1 mph

NO hate the cars flying! We're NOT lemmings nor do we belive for a second this SLR increased from previous original RECORD of 10.2x to magical 9.6x w/modifications listed, I'll bet you newbs would by shares of the "Brooklyn Bridge" if RENN started offering it as an IPO..

Chk the link I listed from Dragtimes they stated the SLR ran 1 tenth 1 mph slower w/680 rwhp @ 4100 curb weight cutting a 1.42 60' do the pesky annoying math... It takes @ least 800 rwhp to achieve these ET's / Traps/ 60's @ 4100 lbs
if you want to talk about math you might want understand the Heisenberg uncertainty principle when talking about momentum and positions calculations between points...no matter how accurate the instruments used, quantum mechanics limits the precision when two properties are measured at the same time.. knowing that then you would know those little fun HP to weight = 1/4 mile times calculators have a standard random error of over 2 standard deviations...

math is fun if you actually understand it, but just plugging 2 known variables on a internet racing calculator is not really worth anything in terms of precision math

by the way, one of our precision guided missiles just missed its target again and blew up a school in afghanistan... so much for that pesky math being accurate when applied to momentum objects

all of it really doesnt matter though because 9.68 is still the benz WR and props to all involved... even if someone did jerk off with magic spermz in the gas tank and gave it extra power...

Last edited by gaspam; 03-30-2012 at 03:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RENNtech SLR: new Mercedes World Record: 9.68 @ 142 mph !!!!