W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RENNtech SLR: new Mercedes World Record: 9.68 @ 142 mph !!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
You're missing the boat guy, were commenting & disagree due to

Originally Posted by pearlpower
To haters:

So what about the numbers? Nobody has yet to dispute this. Again, so what? IF the owner wants to post up his real mods then so be it. But if you see where the owner posted up HIS REAL MODS then please, by all means, let us know because I am sure not aware of it. Fact is Dragtimes does not display most mods for most people, never has, perhaps never will. Again, so what? Big deal!

Folks on here get their pink little banana hammock all bunched up because their 'Occupy Protester' personality rears itself as if people owe them something. Folks owe you NOTHING (this goes to everyone). Yoo have a problem, own up to some responsibility, man up, and go post up your own times.

Now if the owner of the car came here, and posted up those a few mods and the math did not add up, there you go, call him out. But this was a simple video posted up, by not Renntech, nor the owner. Just a video.

Of course I would love to know what the real mods are, but hey, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, it's just nice to see an MB in the 9's.
The blatantly obvious missing 120 rwhp from 680 rwhp listed (you're correct they owe us NOTHING, the problem herein lies they list NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE it doesn't add up) & in turn makes the current world record that denies ANY power adders or Nitrous use an utter JOKE..
Old 03-30-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
I'm not associated with renntech in anyway, shape or form. But I must give credit to them on a very fast machine. Blackbenz, it sounds to me like you have a little animosity towards renntech. As a racer, I dont care if another car has nitrous or not to go fast. A fast time is a fast time regardless. Now when you fingure away to get your car to run that fast, I will give you the same credit.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by Thericker
The blatantly obvious missing 120 rwhp from 680 rwhp listed (you're correct they owe us NOTHING, the problem herein lies they list NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE in there Dragtimes listing, it just doesn't add up) & in turn makes the current world record that denies ANY power adders or Nitrous use an utter JOKE..
Well, I don't think the owner whom I do not believe is on this forum is much different then a few others here that have not posted up their complete list of mods. I could be wrong and missed a thread or two.

I myself am not looking for the quickest MB, just quick enough if there is such a thing. Unless I am missing something, besides bragging rights, there is nothing more to 'records', so I'm not sure why a few folks guard their 'secrets' to the extent that they do on the board. I agree in sharing, but to reiterate, I don't think the owner of that quick car (nice one at that), is here to even post up.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of NOS, E85, etc..... But damn, that car was moving.

Last edited by pearlpower; 03-30-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by gaspam
if you want to talk about math you might want understand the Heisenberg uncertainty principle when talking about momentum and positions calculations between points...no matter how accurate the instruments used, quantum mechanics limits the precision when two properties are measured at the same time.. knowing that then you would know those little fun HP to weight = 1/4 mile times calculators have a standard random error of over 2 standard deviations...

math is fun if you actually understand it, but just plugging 2 known variables on a internet racing calculator is not really worth anything in terms of precision math

by the way, one of our precision guided missiles just missed its target again and blew up a school in afghanistan... so much for that pesky math being accurate when applied to momentum objects

all of it really doesnt matter though because 9.68 is still the benz WR and props to all involved... even if someone did jerk off with magic spermz in the gas tank and gave it extra power...
i cant tell you how many times in high school and college wrestling i was accused of steroid use by a particular few other wrestlers (haters) cuz they couldnt seem win a match against me... CLEARLY it was steriods and not due to the fact that they werent on the same level.

Way to distort & negate the facts @ hand lol, didn't you just use a lame Wrestling & Steroid use analogy from your "MIGHTY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS" to try & validate your points Now you cracked open your dusty textbook to desperately try to tie Heisenbergs Quantam mechanics to drive home another lame analogy about missles missing military targets blabla whatever Professor

Please continue your seminar (mass times velocity) of a Subatomic particle, such as an electron, I'm certain others are rivited to your conclusions on the impact on physics & how integral it is to this conversation Maybe touch on "Wave Mechanics" next oooooohhh boooyyy

Last edited by Thericker; 03-30-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Way to distort & negate the facts @ hand lol, didn't you just use a lame Wrestling & Steroid use analogy to try & validate your points Now you cracked open your dusty textbook to desperately try to tie Heisenbergs Quantam mechanics to drive home another lame analogy about missles missing military targets blabla whatever Pofessor

Please continue your seminar (mass times velocity) of a Subatomic particle, such as an electron, I'm certain others are rivited to your conclusions on the impact on physics & how integral it is to this conversation Maybe touch on "Wave Mechanics" next oooooohhh boooyyy
ummm, you were the one bringing up "pesky math" as your argument as to why SGC times are bs in your mind... btw, not all cars that weight the same with the same HP all run the same time.

I was just pointing out that that logic is very flawed when trying to determine a passage in time (1/4 ET) based upon momentum calculations

and yeah the wrestling and steroid accusations is analogous to the drag racing and NOS accusations you guys are throwing at the SLR... its analogous to the fact that haters are gonna hate when someone else does better.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Guys.... many people spent a lot of time and effort researching new ways to get that SLR to go faster, so try and give them credit and congrats for these accomplishments. Enjoy the new record and lets not muddy up the thread with negative accusations.

The online 1/4 mile calculators are not precise and give too wide of a range for their approximations. They are meant to be used to get a very broad idea of how a car will perform on the track but they do ignore way too many factors. I just did a test using Alan's old numbers, and most calculators were off either by 0.5 seconds in ET or 5 mph in trap speeds or 80 hp. That's a big difference.

Congrats to everyone involved and I hope you get a chance to run it in decent weather and drop those times even further
Old 03-30-2012, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Renntech, I don't know what to think...first there was this from youtube:
"On April 1, 2011, RENNtech regained their long standing title of worlds fastest Mercedes Benz. Our RENNtech modified CL65, which held the long standing previous record once again reigned supreme by shattering its previous best quarter mile time with an unprecedented run of 10.27 @ 137.46 mph at Palm Beach International Raceway. This official time makes our CL 65 the fastest Mercedes on the planet. The previous record of 10.51 @ 135.11 mph, also held by RENNtech's CL65, was broken just last week by a C63 running 125 shot of nitrous which logged a 10.41 @ 135.27 mph run on 3/25/2011. Not one to be bested and looking to regain the title; RENNtech went back to work in search of even more from the CL 65 with further improvements and without the use of nitrous. Modifications to the CL 65 included an even more aggressive race only tune, enhanced drive line modifications such as upgraded transmission internals and a prototype torque converter and additional light weighted vehicle components. These are in addition to the already installed RENNtech modified ECU/TCU, carbon airbox, limited slip differential, high flow exhaust, drag radials, modified heat exchanger and intercooler pump."
Then there was this, a smoking gun that some tried to downplay:
w w w . b e n z b o o s t . c o m/content.php?1266-Renntech-CL65-AMG-overall-Mercedes-1-4-mile-record-actually-set-with-nitrous-despite-claims-otherwise&page=3#comments
(sorry for the spaces, don't know why the mbworld ***** are blocking the word b e n z b o o s t from this public forum! BS, maybe renntech complained to the mommy mod???)

Now Renntech comes back with yet another record. Great pass by the way, nitrous or no nitrous! Just curious though as to why the video of the burnout is cut right after the wheel starts spinning then it resumes after the smoke is already thick and the exhaust is drowning out all other sounds. I bring this up because in my GN racing days, we used to purge nitrous through brake lines to the rear. If your revs weren't up, pros could hear the hiss. Purging during the burnout was stealthy stuff when done correctly. Won lots of money that way!

It's hard to trust these HP fairy tales anymore. It's like, in just a week Renntech can pull 8-10mph out of thin air just when you thought the platform was near maxxed out (referring to the CL65 record). They should play the lottery with their luck.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Gosh, I hate calling people liars about using nitrous, because it wasn't that long ago that people SWORE up and down that my man blackbenzz was using it. There was no way his little Kleemann CLK was running those times without it, right? Well, after years of accusations, people finally believed him. I remember a few years ago at MIR, he opened up every door, every cubby, trunk, hood, etc... and asked me to take and post as many pictures and angles as I could, to help prove his innocence.

All that said, something certainly appears to be off just a little with this SLR pass. Maybe RENNtech has found the golden chalice and magic beans in this SLR. Sad thing is, we'll probably never know the whole truth.

Either way, excellent work. That thing is efffing fast.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:28 PM

E55
I thought all the haters and pot stirrers went to some other planet?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Those dumb calculators give you a rough outline at best, alot of things come in not just weight and HP but low end torque, shift speed, how many shifts, gear ratios, aerodynamics etc etc The SLR is a very fast car and unlike the 55k it has massive cooling (which Renntech improves) and better heads and dry sump and better fuel delivery and better cams etc therefore it's not hard to imagine them making alot of power. Plus I think they're done some weight reduction on the beast. At the end of the day the 1/4 mile also depends on how well the car is setup, how well the track is prepped and the conditions just as much as power and weight. The conditions were probably just right and allowed this BEAST to achieve these results. I don't know if they used nitrous or not but regardless an amazing time and amazing car Please somebody buy me an SLR
Old 03-30-2012, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by Turbotalon92
You mean........

Old 03-30-2012, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by e500slr
You mean........

earth superman smart car?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
9's cracked now lets see who will be the first to put a Mb IN THE 8'S ???????????????
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
Nitrous or no nitrous. 9's in that car is no joke
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
That's what you get for thinking.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG, FX45, F-350, Top Secret Widebody Supra (Sold) and other vehicles on another Planet
I strongly suggest you rethink that statement. If you don't know the reasons behind some things then your statement is nothing but pot stirring all itself. I'm not hating on you by any means but take a second and do some due diligence before you typecast everyone and anyone on PSC.

Now back to the SUBJECT of the thread. Congrats to the Renntech team for an amazing accomplishment!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Those dumb calculators give you a rough outline at best, alot of things come in not just weight and HP but low end torque, shift speed, how many shifts, gear ratios, aerodynamics etc etc The SLR is a very fast car and unlike the 55k it has massive cooling (which Renntech improves) and better heads and dry sump and better fuel delivery and better cams etc therefore it's not hard to imagine them making alot of power. Plus I think they're done some weight reduction on the beast. At the end of the day the 1/4 mile also depends on how well the car is setup, how well the track is prepped and the conditions just as much as power and weight. The conditions were probably just right and allowed this BEAST to achieve these results. I don't know if they used nitrous or not but regardless an amazing time and amazing car Please somebody buy me an SLR
You my dude are funny. All this coming from a guy that said in another thread didn't have the time or energy to even mod his car or even know much about an SLR until today. Yes credit is deserved for running that time 100%. The problem us "Haters" have is them saying it does that with only 680hp and weighs 4100lbs. Do all the bs formulas,track prep,low end torque,shifts,gear ratios blah blah blah and throw it out the window. Get a 4100lb car to 60' in 1.42 and tell
me how much torque that car is making. Torque is what gets you moving and hp takes over. The 142 mph trap is all HORSE POWER and that isn't 680hp worth. Tell me...have you ever even drag raced your car??? Well I guess I'm going to get back to work on getting my car below 4100lbs and I'm sure I'll find a way to get her up to 680hp and then I'll be running 9.60@142 also!!!! Yay I'm glad Renntech showed us all how easy it is. Look out 9's there's a bunch of us about to get in the club.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
You my dude are funny. All this coming from a guy that said in another thread didn't have the time or energy to even mod his car or even know much about an SLR until today. Yes credit is deserved for running that time 100%. The problem us "Haters" have is them saying it does that with only 680hp and weighs 4100lbs. Do all the bs formulas,track prep,low end torque,shifts,gear ratios blah blah blah and throw it out the window. Get a 4100lb car to 60' in 1.42 and tell
me how much torque that car is making. Torque is what gets you moving and hp takes over. The 142 mph trap is all HORSE POWER and that isn't 680hp worth. Tell me...have you ever even drag raced your car??? Well I guess I'm going to get back to work on getting my car below 4100lbs and I'm sure I'll find a way to get her up to 680hp and then I'll be running 9.60@142 also!!!! Yay I'm glad Renntech showed us all how easy it is. Look out 9's there's a bunch of us about to get in the club.
Jesus Christ I never said anything about horsepower not being important, all I said was that I don't know if they ran nitrous or not or how much the car is making. Regarding the 680hp I'm not sure if they mean wheel horsepower or crank since their car is making over 750 crank hp and if they mean 680whp then they've clearly worked the hell out of the engine and come close to the perfect setup and the limit for this engine with this blower. Now forgetting the power I don't think that car weighs 4100 lbs. If Renntech said it they're lying, they've clearly dropped weight off the thing and the stock SLR doesn't weigh that much. It's not like they're running a full tank of gas for a 1/4 mile run.

My point is I never really presumed anything, I just said it doesn't matter what they ran, the run was extremely impressive and that online 1/4 mile calculator are a very rough outline. Personally I think if they've drastically lightened the car which I think they have and are making close to 800 crank HP they could run that time without NOS. That's just my opinion so no need to get worked up over it.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
earth superman smart car?
...that planet isn't Earth......
Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Jesus Christ I never said anything about horsepower not being important, all I said was that I don't know if they ran nitrous or not or how much the car is making. Regarding the 680hp I'm not sure if they mean wheel horsepower or crank since their car is making over 750 crank hp and if they mean 680whp then they've clearly worked the hell out of the engine and come close to the perfect setup and the limit for this engine with this blower. Now forgetting the power I don't think that car weighs 4100 lbs. If Renntech said it they're lying, they've clearly dropped weight off the thing and the stock SLR doesn't weigh that much. It's not like they're running a full tank of gas for a 1/4 mile run.

My point is I never really presumed anything, I just said it doesn't matter what they ran, the run was extremely impressive and that online 1/4 mile calculator are a very rough outline. Personally I think if they've drastically lightened the car which I think they have and are making close to 800 crank HP they could run that time without NOS. That's just my opinion so no need to get worked up over it.
Problem is you don't have slightest clue as to what you're talking about, 1st the SLR is listed in Dragtimes as weighing 4100 lbs WITH the driver, & 680 is supposedly @ the wheels they clearly list it on Dragtimes as DynoJet #'s if it was 680 Crank HP this would be a complete joke, lastly you'd need 790-800 + RWHP NOT CRANK to run those splits.. Please drop it your comments are just static @ this point... Sorry to be kurt w/you but you're completely confused/lost here

Please study this link before making so many wild assumptions again, I posted it pages ago...
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23719.html

Last edited by Thericker; 03-30-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Problem is you don't have slightest clue as to what you're talking about, 1st the SLR is listed in Dragtimes as weighing 4100 lbs WITH the driver, & 680 is supposedly @ the wheels they clearly list it on Dragtimes as DynoJet #'s if it was 680 Crank HP this would be a complete joke, lastly you'd need 790-800 RWHP NOT CRANK to run those splits.. Please drop it your comments are just static @ this point... Sorry to be kurt w/you but you're completely confused/lost here
That's nice
Old 03-30-2012, 11:48 PM

SL65
If all you need is nos to run 9s how come some of you out there running nos for years havent nun 9s yet?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Turbo Talons are saaawweetttt!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Problem is you don't have slightest clue as to what you're talking about, 1st the SLR is listed in Dragtimes as weighing 4100 lbs WITH the driver, & 680 is supposedly @ the wheels they clearly list it on Dragtimes as DynoJet #'s if it was 680 Crank HP this would be a complete joke, lastly you'd need 790-800 + RWHP NOT CRANK to run those splits.. Please drop it your comments are just static @ this point... Sorry to be kurt w/you but you're completely confused/lost here

Please study this link before making so many wild assumptions again, I posted it pages ago...
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23719.html
I do know what I'm talking about. And I think you've let personal feelings toward Steve (SGC) get in the way! I still don't see YOUR numbers or mods for that matter. Run your car and stop running your mouth! Plain and simple. The funny thing is, that no one mentioned Steve (SGC) as the driver. I just assumed it was. And you jumped like a bit*h in heat.

I don't care what the mods were. And I don't care "WHO" was driving. Bottom line is you are hating! Grow some nuts and run your FAWKING car! Like I said before, TAKE the record!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by emoving
Turbo Talons are saaawweetttt!
Only in the A$$!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RENNtech SLR: new Mercedes World Record: 9.68 @ 142 mph !!!!