Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Renntech car at MB Dealer !!! HELP

Pardon the long post but I need help .

Any one familiar with Renntech Mods or M113K , help with advise please .
I recently bought an 06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, car has 34K Miles on it . Two weeks ago , got my CEL ... car was idling fine , driving fine but somehow I felt the power was lacking specially with as many mods that are on that car .. felt that the supercharger was not engaging ..but I doubted myself . Lets check the car via SDS first , took it to my favorite Indie , SDS showed " Unmetered Air " Error ...we decided to clear it and see what happens since the car was driving fine . Sure enough CEL was off couple of days then it came back !!! I have a warranty so I thought let me drop it off to MB in FT Lauderdale .. let them check .. car stayed there for a week !
- First I was told that it is the Secondary Air pump ...OK . then they said that they will order the part , but maybe there is a Vacuum leak which would also come back .. but the TB and intake are all Renntech , and that would cause that but lets fix the air pump ... OK ...
- Next they got the part , then it was done .. great .. oh hold off .. sorry we ordered the wrong part .. since your car is a Renntech car .. it has an oversize pump ... OK ... they ordered it ....today I pick up the car after they assured me everything is A OK ! THey were busy so they said they will email me the work orders and receiptsI drive no more than 10 miles .. CEL comes back on !!! And again , the car feels robbed of power !!! I get home and I read the work orders :
- Surprise NO mention of " Secondary Air Pump " !!! but I have two orders , not just one :
WORK ORDER #1:
(2) PLUGS part # 013-545-46-26
(1) PIN BUSHING # 210-540-20-81
- Pump not working ( Replace Intercooler pump ) THey never once mentioned that the intercooler pump wasnt working ! Engine Temp was always fine .
WORK OREDR #2:
(1) Relay # 002-542-72-19
(1) Coolant Pump # 000-500-03-86
Grommet ,Plug ,Coupling

Coolant pump ? except for the receipt I was never told about that !!! ALSO , no mention of the mysterious " Secondary Air pump " They ket telling was the culprit ! Am I crazy or is this a cause for alarm or concern ??
Yes I know I should have dropped off the car to Renntech but they are a hour away and I couldnt schedule the time , I thought let MB check it first and I will have Renntech go through it next ...I feel that was a horrible mistake , but then again I am in Miami , and supposedly MB maintains many Renntech cars !

Any guidance , help , advise are greatly appreciated . I am mad as hell at the way this was handled . I am also now concerned about what they may have tampered with which they shouldnt have ! The say air pump , the a whole week and there is even a record of the air pump being replaced !!!
Cheers ,
Max
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Max, I feel bad for you! If your advisor was Ferrera, all I can say is "check your mileage". One of his machanics loves to take off in peoples cars. They had my wifes CLS for three weeks and didn't fix any thing. Every time I showed up there, he told me that "some one" had it, and it will be done later that day. Around 5 oclock Ferrera would call and say it won't be ready until tomorrow. This went on for 3 weeks. Needless to say one of the manageres is the only one allowed to touch my car and it has to be done quickly with speedometer pictures (before and after).
Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Redbull ... thanks for taking the time to write back ...yes sadly enough it is Ferrara .. I didnt record the exact mileage when I dropped it off .. if I had to guess the car had few miles on it ... the thing that kills me is that there was never a mention of a Coolant pump or Intercooler pump .. it was always the secondary air pump , which wasnt even on any invoice ! I am at a loss at what to do , but i know this is unacceptable and I wont stay quite ! Hell now I feel that I have to notify my warranty provider ( Lexus ) they might be getting charged for things that may have not been needed ! I have two other cars that are Modded and I enjoy my indie far far more at least I feel he is on the up and up when he doesnt know , he says so , and we work it together .. this time I thought MB would be better for that car !
Old 04-10-2012, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
PMed you
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you Redbull ..Got it , Regards,
Max

Last edited by maxwerks; 04-10-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
unmetered air can be due to tb adaptations needing to be reset... since you have aftermarket TB you might want to try the TB reset ... vacuum leaks can also cause so that's why they probably guessed at the secondary air pump since it seems to be pretty common issue..

the intercooler pump was prob something they found after all this but not related to the unmetered air error code. i/c pumps die all the time on these cars... mine was dead 8 months after i bought my e55

hope that helps
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
So a search of TB Reset by TBAL. What CEL codes are being thrown? p507 p505? if so then TB reset should fix it. Unmetered air is a vaccum leak somewhere. Check the ps black hose that goes from the airbox to the valve cover. That might be loose. Def take to your indie from now on.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gaspam
unmetered air can be due to tb adaptations needing to be reset... since you have aftermarket TB you might want to try the TB reset ... vacuum leaks can also cause so that's why they probably guessed at the secondary air pump since it seems to be pretty common issue..

the intercooler pump was prob something they found after all this but not related to the unmetered air error code. i/c pumps die all the time on these cars... mine was dead 8 months after i bought my e55

hope that helps
Thank you kindly .. what is driving me crazy is that I wish they said they didnt know ! I mean this is MB ... I spoke with my SA everyday for a week , not a single mention that they found out other things ..other pumps .. instead they ordered secondary air pump .. better yet .. they had to re-order it because mine supposedly was larger than stock by Renntech ! That I think now was BS.. I mean coolant pump replace without mentioning it ? Intercooler pump replace ? What was it replaced with ? Same as the Renntech I had or ??? all without telling me . Can it die ,of course .. but let the customer know !
Old 04-10-2012, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by maxwerks
Thank you kindly .. what is driving me crazy is that I wish they said they didnt know ! I mean this is MB ... I spoke with my SA everyday for a week , not a single mention that they found out other things ..other pumps .. instead they ordered secondary air pump .. better yet .. they had to re-order it because mine supposedly was larger than stock by Renntech ! That I think now was BS.. I mean coolant pump replace without mentioning it ? Intercooler pump replace ? What was it replaced with ? Same as the Renntech I had or ??? all without telling me . Can it die ,of course .. but let the customer know !
yeah i definitely cant imagine why they would replace it without asking you first as that is usually a big no-no at dealerships unless they had you sign something that said you want them to replace anything they find, which would be really rare if they did that...

If they replaced the i/c pump without your written consent then i would def talk to the service manager about that- maybe you could end up getting it for free since they replaced it without you asking... you could say you were already going do the i/c pump on your own.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63 AMG, 1991 NSX, 2007 Corvette
No wonder they get branded the name stealerships. You certainly have rights to complain about the lack of communication on your car . I always start with the owner of the dealership. Many dealerships like to stay away from heavily modded cars because they don't have the specialized skills to properly assess what could be the issue. However, if your car was a standard stock E350 or S550, they would be much more comfortable. But instead of being honest with you , they try to start figuring out things on your car and begin replacing parts without even communicating with you which is totally out of line.
Plus if this dealership is known for taking customers cars out for rides, that is totally unacceptable.
With all of the hot cars riding around Miami, I am sure there are some sick shops that would specialize in your car and set up. Good Luck on getting satisfaction from the dealership. You deserve at least that much.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
You symptom of being down on power the way you describe sounds exactly like a failed or failing intercooler pump. Which is a coolant pump. And might be upgraded by Renntech in the kit you have to a larger, non-stock part.

Just FWIW.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
You symptom of being down on power the way you describe sounds exactly like a failed or failing intercooler pump. Which is a coolant pump. And might be upgraded by Renntech in the kit you have to a larger, non-stock part.

Just FWIW.
Thank you , they told me it was the secondary air pump , and a week later they never changed that , instead they changed the IC pump without telling me or disclosing what model/brand they used ..CEL light is still on , no wI have to figure out what IC pump they put in , and most likely change it all over again without knowing if the original Renntech one was in fact bad or not .
Old 04-13-2012, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

anyone can recommend a SUPER INDIE in Miami to be capable of dealing with a Renntech CLS55? Thank you
Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
seems you seek advice from another world
Old 04-13-2012, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by moosejaw
I am not sure I know what you mean , Just trying to build my resources in Miami , short of Patrick ( Custom Cams ) , he is the only techie I met through the forums , and he is not that close to me nor is he an Indie . I have a decent Indie I like , I just would like to know a decent trustworthy operation for Modded cars ...My car will most liely be dropped off to Renntech as I think thats the best choice , I am trying to find the time to do so .
Old 04-13-2012, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by maxwerks
I am not sure I know what you mean , Just trying to build my resources in Miami , short of Patrick ( Custom Cams ) , he is the only techie I met through the forums , and he is not that close to me nor is he an Indie . I have a decent Indie I like , I just would like to know a decent trustworthy operation for Modded cars ...My car will most liely be dropped off to Renntech as I think thats the best choice , I am trying to find the time to do so .
I responded to your post with two recommendations
but that answer is somewhere else....hint, hint
Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by moosejaw
In the past couple of weeks i have posted here less and less as a result of previous events which transpired. A lot of us left in protest and some have migrated back. I'm a firm believer in lying in the bed that you make. I had every intention of leaving MBworld. Shortly thereafter I was coaxed back by someone i respect a lot and i honestly believe he will make this site better!

In the time being seems i've touched a few nerves with my references to another competing forum(which i honestly have stopped trying to do) . Ive upset many people with those references and for that i'm truly sorry.

That being said....
It turns out i've been reported numerous times . So I wont be posting here anymore. No more posing disposing, no more photoshoots, no more technical advice on the one DIY I've done.

I'm logging off and decided to concentrate my efforts elsewhere. I'd rather do everything in one place as opposed to double posting (which i personally find insane to do).

Screw the 3,000+ posts........You know where to find me.
So carry on minions....