W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After pinning, dyno tune, driving 100 miles, new look at the 195mm RTR pulley wobble

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
As per Craig Hawking chawking2001 request here is a video

Here you go
I also took a video of the cabin so no one thinks i am rasing the idle of the car etc etc.
I will be more than happy to install a 195mm, 200mm, 205mm ring and take a video for you guys.
excuse the title of the video i meant to type in 190mm but by mistake i typed in 195mm. Just to clarify I have a 190mm redtooth rtr racing pulley kit on my car.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Thanks Shardul, I appreciate it

This thread has gotten a little off topic over the past day, so I wanted to address a few issues. Firstly, when a new member like BustedKnuckles comes in here, and calls me a douche, a** or tells me I dont know what I am talking about, or know anything about my car, that is one thing, and fine in my book. This is a hobby for me, and a passion, it does not impact me financially.

It is a totally different can of worms to say that a indy shop like Buckhead Imports Performance does not know what they are doing, or ghetto fixed my issue unless you have hard facts. That is a persons business, and livelyhood that supports their family. BIP has a very good reputation, that has been developed over the years, and Jason takes accusations like this very seriously. They are getting to the bottom of who this guy is today, and the appropriate actions will be taken. When you have a good business and do very good work, stand behind your product, warranty it, you make alot of customers happy along the way. They have a ton of contacts here, and this person will be revealed and dealt with.

Secondly, to get back on topic, I have had two E55's with a total of 5 years of ownership between the two. My first E55 had a 180mm ASP welded pulley installed by Buckhead Imports, ran perfectly and sold it to a board member on here. He never had a problem with it either. I sold that car and bought another E55, installed another 180mm ASP welded pulley by Buckhead Imports, and ran it for two years, never had a problem there. Then I put on a RTR pulley by Buckhead Imports Performance, two hours later it was done, fallen off, and hurt my crank snout. Steve had a welded ASP pulley on his car for several months, installed by Benz Elite, never came off, and never had a problem. Steve decided to put on a RTR pulley, again by Benz Elite, and it started to wobble, scuff has water pump pulley, and ultimately came off destroying his crank. On my second go around, Buckhead Imports again installed a new RTR pulley we had to buy, cleaned my crank snout up, bought another woodruff key, pinned the pulley and crank. It ran straight after install, but shortly after the dyno it has developed a severe wobble again.

Two more instances for you, Sharduls RTR pulley came off, whether it was from bad install or whatever else, it dropped off. I will not reveal the vendor, but he told me one of his clients in the middle east bought a RTR pulley, and had a reputable shop out there install it who has done several installs on other pulleys in the past. Well, they drove the car around the block, and the RTR pulley fell off.

What some may not realize is, that you CANNOT use the MB tool to hold the RTR pulley in place while you tighten the crank bolt. With ASP, Kleeman, Evosport you can use the MB tool, and tighten the bolt to factory spec. With the RTR pulley, you have to insert a bar into the flywheel and hold that in place while tightening the bolt, flaw right there along with the harmonics of the pulley!!! On the second go around for me, BIP made a tool that held the crank pulley itself, so they did not have to use the pry bar method, along with using the MB spec for tightning the bolt down.

Sure Brooke has had a 200MM on his crank, and it ran ok until his motor blew up, but correct me if I am wrong Shardul or Brooke, that pulley was installed when the motor was on a engine stand, not in the car. That makes a major difference.

Now we will get to the bottom of this, and prove that this design is flawed for many reasons, Steve has sent the RTR pulley off for inspection and analysis. I have purchased a stock pulley, and will be sent off for comparisons sake too. Whether the manufacturer RedTooth Racing wants to admit this, and stand behind their product for the ramifications caused, whether it be on the forums, personally behind the scenes, or in court, it will be all layed out on the table, there will be a solution. What is really disappointing, to this day, no one has come out and said, yes, I own Redtooth Racing, it is my company. Everyone is in denial about this company, yet funds continue to be sent to Shardul or Brooke when RTR products are bought. The average guy off the street may have issues trying to track down the type of company this is, and who owns it, but for firms that actually do that for a living, it does not take long at all.

In the end, it will be all layed out for everyone to see, so all this upfront banter is just prolonging the process.

Last edited by chawkins2001; 04-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz
First off let me reintroduce myself......This is Adam and its time to clear the air, and moderator surely your going to ban me again i've come to see the way the hierarchyworks around here. Yea mxzxracer was my account no doubt about it, hasn't been active in a long time, and haven't been posting on it. But bustedknuckles please. And Craig you know ive been incontact with you and forwarded you the message that I was sent before the mod even posted a word about it on here about how I was banned. And i've never spoken one negative thing about Jason or buckhead imports so spare me. Read threw past Malones Perf. posts I on more then one occasion complimented there work. Mod's if you have suspicions contact me and lets discuss but you've choosen to slander me and the business that I work at on the boards? If thats how you wish to conduct yourselfs as host's and mediators of the forums thats fine I will choose not to contribute or access the information anymore. Go ahead and tell the people what you see fit and fabricate what ever stories you wish. If anyone feels offended and put out by what i've been accused of give me a call im at the shop everyday 7-6 - 770-578-3338. Everyone has opinions, ideas, and thoughts unique to themselves and I have no problem sharing mine and making myself accessible, but am not going to be accused of those which were not mine. I welcome you to post irrefutable evidence of me sitting at a computer typing the things up the you accuse me of. Also im sure the rules and regulations that you hold the rest of the members accountable for don't apply for yourself, and you'll freely post my personal information in some attempt to bind me to your own discription of the truth. Until then keep up all your hearsay, Good day.

---Also Craig sorry this was so off topic, but will likely be my last post anyways im not going to participate in a dictatorship.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
additional video posted with a time and date confirmation to clear any doubts about the integrity of the video
i am sorry in the middle the video get a bit shaky

Old 04-19-2012, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
With the RTR pulley, you have to insert a bar into the flywheel and hold that in place while tightening the bolt, flaw right there along with the harmonics of the pulley!!!
Craig - love ya dude, but did you think about this before you had it installed? I'm no wrench, but I would have seen that as a red flag...
Unless the flywheel/hold is normal for non-keyed pulleys - maybe a new tool is needed to be developed to go with the RTR?

Anyhoo, sad to see the fastest guys sidelined for a while... hopefully the drama can be minimized and we all benefit from the process.
Just remember, there were a few dead pioneers before we got all the way to California!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Iv had about 4 pullies on my car and we locked the flywheel with a bar and tightened the bolt that way.

also going threw the pullies I have had my stock on one the car in between and have bought about 7 oem bolts from my dealership.

Never once have I had any issues with pullies installed and the only issues I had were from junk cloned pullies that were sold as ASP pullies but were not the same ones asp sold at the time(oem pinned)

Dont forget that these pullies might have not been made to spec and could be the reason they wobbled and fell off,like shardul has one on his car and its running great but that dosnt mean a few were made out of spec.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Why are people bringing up flywheel locking? It is not requested by MB, but it is 150% NOT an issue, I don't care who says otherwise. Don't bring up the flywheel locking "issue"...it is pointless.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Everyone is in denial about this company, yet funds continue to be sent to Shardul or Brooke when RTR products are bought. The average guy off the street may have issues trying to track down the type of company this is, and who owns it, but for firms that actually do that for a living, it does not take long at all.

In the end, it will be all layed out for everyone to see, so all this upfront banter is just prolonging the process.
We wait in angst for this to be answered. Will the owners of Red Tooth Racing please stand-up, please stand-up?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
To date, you have five different screen names and a possible dissociative disorder. Do you really want us to post the evidence of your activity on this public forum?

Hint: say yes.

Originally Posted by MbModsBlameGame
First off let me reintroduce myself......This is Adam and its time to clear the air, and moderator surely your going to ban me again i've come to see the way the hierarchyworks around here. Yea mxzxracer was my account no doubt about it, hasn't been active in a long time, and haven't been posting on it. But bustedknuckles please. And Craig you know ive been incontact with you and forwarded you the message that I was sent before the mod even posted a word about it on here about how I was banned. And i've never spoken one negative thing about Jason or buckhead imports so spare me. Read threw past Malones Perf. posts I on more then one occasion complimented there work. Mod's if you have suspicions contact me and lets discuss but you've choosen to slander me and the business that I work at on the boards? If thats how you wish to conduct yourselfs as host's and mediators of the forums thats fine I will choose not to contribute or access the information anymore. Go ahead and tell the people what you see fit and fabricate what ever stories you wish. If anyone feels offended and put out by what i've been accused of give me a call im at the shop everyday 7-6 - 770-578-3338. Everyone has opinions, ideas, and thoughts unique to themselves and I have no problem sharing mine and making myself accessible, but am not going to be accused of those which were not mine. I welcome you to post irrefutable evidence of me sitting at a computer typing the things up the you accuse me of. Also im sure the rules and regulations that you hold the rest of the members accountable for don't apply for yourself, and you'll freely post my personal information in some attempt to bind me to your own discription of the truth. Until then keep up all your hearsay, Good day.

---Also Craig sorry this was so off topic, but will likely be my last post anyways im not going to participate in a dictatorship.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Rock
To date, you have five different screen names and a possible dissociative disorder. Do you really want us to post the evidence of your activity on this public forum?

Hint: say yes.
Rock, he was hacked- he is innocent... if the IP address does not fit you must acquit:

Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Slownrusty, that is not going to happen brotha.

Last edited by chawkins2001; 04-19-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Alright, the deal is, all posts made by BustedKnuckles and Malones Perf. is from the exact same IP address. That is Adam....... That was verified by several mods that pm'd me today!

Last edited by chawkins2001; 04-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Alright, the deal is, all posts made by BustedKnuckles and Malones Perf. is from the exact same IP address. That is Adam....... That was verified by several mods that pm'd me today!
Well, since that item has now been put to rest, I am going to close this thread for now.

There are a lot of accusations flying around about non-sponsors...and sponsors (that seem to have nothing to do with this incident).

If anyone of the upset members has something worthwhile to post here, PM me and I can re-open the conversation.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I wanted to re-open this thread for a couple of reasons.

First, some tempers may have cooled since yesterday and, hopefully, we can have some constructive conversations about solutions to this issue.

The second issue is equally important. Please note this: When members support unregistered vendors, we have no information on who the vendor is, no addresses, no phone number, etc. Thus, we all have zero leverage for any remedy.

This is an expensive lesson for some, valuable to all of us.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Good talking to you yesterday Scott, and I appreicate MBWOLRD's continued support.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Good talking to you yesterday Scott
I enjoyed talking to you, too, Craig.
and I appreicate MBWOLRD's continued support.
Contrary to popular belief, that is what the staff is here for.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
One question: Why?

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 04-20-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
WTF! I go away for a few days and my next mod list changes in a split second. Very sorry brother your going through this. I know you can hit a cows nuts from a hundred yard with a wrench so nobody should be questioning your ability to install buddy.

Subscribed to this one. DAMN! Sorry to the both you that suffered damage. Pics are ugly in here, made me close my eyes and turn my head. GL.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by ScottW911
I wanted to re-open this thread for a couple of reasons.

First, some tempers may have cooled since yesterday and, hopefully, we can have some constructive conversations about solutions to this issue.

The second issue is equally important. Please note this: When members support unregistered vendors, we have no information on who the vendor is, no addresses, no phone number, etc. Thus, we all have zero leverage for any remedy.

This is an expensive lesson for some, valuable to all of us.
Are you saying the unregistered vendors offered the RTR pulley on this forum?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by pearlpower
WTF! I go away for a few days and my next mod list changes in a split second. Very sorry brother your going through this. I know you can hit a cows nuts from a hundred yard with a wrench so nobody should be questioning your ability to install buddy.

Subscribed to this one. DAMN! Sorry to the both you that suffered damage. Pics are ugly in here, made me close my eyes and turn my head. GL.
Thanks man, I appreicate it. We are working towards a resolution, whether it be behind the scenes, or battled in court
Old 04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Thanks man, I appreicate it. We are working towards a resolution, whether it be behind the scenes, or battled in court
Here is hoping for both of you that it is behind the scenes
Old 04-23-2012, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I am too but not looking good at this point.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
Are you saying the unregistered vendors offered the RTR pulley on this forum?
Legitimate vendors have RTR's 185mm available as well.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...le-1440-a.html
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by splinter;5162026Fantastic vendors have RTR's 185mm available as well. :y

[url
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/443003-185mm-rtr-eurocharged-ecu-tcu-sale-1440-a.html[/url]
A little change, FANTASTIC vendors have them available, fixed it for you my friend
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by splinter
Legitimate vendors have RTR's 185mm available as well.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...le-1440-a.html
My question was in relation to Scott's statement that the pulleys were bought by Craig and Steven from "unregistered vendors". I understand EC is selling the RTR pulleys now, but the statement in my mind inferred that the transactions were handled through this forum using an unregistered vendor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: After pinning, dyno tune, driving 100 miles, new look at the 195mm RTR pulley wobble