Sponsored by:

opinions on drive dynamic option ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of seven
opinions on drive dynamic option ....

I ordered my E55 yesterday and probably got too many bells and whistles, but you only live once so........ So, I'm on the fence about 'drive dynamic' and would appreciate any and all comments and opinions, pro or con. I'm not a race car driver and other than some straight line fun will probably not take the car to it's limits on the curves - help!!
Old 07-04-2003, 10:19 AM

My E55 came with literally every option except distronic and tire monitoring. I wouldn't have ordered a bunch of these options if I'd spec'd the car myself, but that's the price you pay to just walk in the dealer and buy this car... At $1,150, the drive-dynamic seats are one of the options I wouldn't have ordered up front if I didn't have a chance to test drive a car with them.

Compared to the standard E55 seats (called multi contour, I believe), they have the active side bolsters, and back massage. I really like the active bolsters--even with modestly aggressive driving in turns, they definately help keep you in place (I have them set to the more sensitive level). The back massage is nice on longer trips. I'm very happy I have them, but if I were ordering a car and hadn't experienced the seats, I would have passed. I'd say go for it!!
Old 07-04-2003, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55,2005 Ferrari F430 Spider, 2005 Corvette 427 TT, 2005 Range Rover
I didn't have them on my e500 and now I have them on my E55. I definitely like them. I recommend them.

BTW, they are useful even at intersections and slight corners.

Last edited by Blocktrader; 07-04-2003 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:25 PM
MRW

03 E55 AMG
On that subject, what is the most agressive level- 2? Currently have mine set on 2 and don't feel much- is 1 more active? I suspect that, like the ventilated seats, the effect is quite subtle, but there nonetheless.

Like previous posters, I bought a car that was spec'd by someone else. In my case, I have every single available option, at least half of which I would not have ordered. Having said that, they're all cool, and I don't know what I'd leave off my next one.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by MRW
On that subject, what is the most agressive level- 2? Currently have mine set on 2 and don't feel much- is 1 more active? I suspect that, like the ventilated seats, the effect is quite subtle, but there nonetheless.

Like previous posters, I bought a car that was spec'd by someone else. In my case, I have every single available option, at least half of which I would not have ordered. Having said that, they're all cool, and I don't know what I'd leave off my next one.
Level 2 is more sensitive.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:33 PM

one of seven
thank you!!

thanks for the answers. the drive dynamic is ordered. I think I ordered every option but the panorama roof and solar panels. I rarely, if ever, open the one I have now - glass or roof panel - so I've left that alone. mp