W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTM and ARH do it again!!!! E55/CLS55 1-7/8" LONG TUBE HEADERS sneak peek!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Has TTM or ARH offered any solution?, thats a lot of $ to have something not fit!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MikesE55
Has TTM or ARH offered any solution?, thats a lot of $ to have something not fit!
I will call them tomorrow or Wednesday. Will keep this post updated. This setup is AWESOME! It is just couple of things that will make it perfect!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Originally Posted by vioilio
I will call them tomorrow or Wednesday. Will keep this post updated. This setup is AWESOME! It is just couple of things that will make it perfect!
Agreed -

At this point, a little tweeking and they are a perfect header.

I have to say at an idle you don't even know headers are on the car, but when you do a wot, you know it, and anyone close by knows it.

Very happy I went in this direction.
Cool weather is just starting in this area, so some 1320 passes are coming.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 AM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Any updates from ARH regarding the fitment issues?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 01:19 AM

E55
I would also like to know if TTM has replied to the E55 header isue
Old 10-01-2012, 07:46 AM

2003 E55 AMG
I will be contacting TTM and ARH this week. Will keep you posted.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 AM

'99 ML320, '06 E55
How r these in comparison to MBH in terms of hp and tq #s? Any dynos yet?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Update:
Just spoke with Anthony from ARH today. They are building me a new driver side header which will be with perfect clearance. I was provided with top notch customer service. The new header should be here in 7-10 days. ARH is doing the same thing for Peter_02AMG. Great great customer service!!! Awesome product!!! I would recommend this system to anyone looking for a LTH's!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:56 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 AMG
Thanks for the update V. That is how customer service is done.

If you ever shoot some video would love to hear yours.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:23 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by DVC
Thanks for the update V. That is how customer service is done.

If you ever shoot some video would love to hear yours.
Will update very soon with some vid's.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 AM

E55
I have a question ? You mentioned that ARH helped you out . What happened to TTM? Who did you purchase the headers from?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by MikesE55
I have a question ? You mentioned that ARH helped you out . What happened to TTM? Who did you purchase the headers from?
Bruce/TTM did not provide much help, he told me to modify my steering column to fit the header. We shouldn't have to modify our car to make anything fit, we pay good money for these headers and they shouldn't have any issue. He should of provide us with the replacement if there is a problem even if he have to pay for it out of his own wallet. He sold it to me and I pay him.

After no support from Bruce I made several call to ARH, the call this Monday was to sent my driver side header back so they can fix it. I was willing to pay for it out of my own pocket but I go Anthony on the line and I told him what has happen and he apologized several time for the inconvience and they will make me a new header for me free of charge and ship it out to me 2nd day air once its finish. I sent an IM to Vioilo and told him about Anthony. So he got a replacement header too.

Anthony was very professional not like the other two older gen at ARH that I talked to in the past which they told me to contact Bruce at TTM. Bruce is like a used car saleman and we all know how they are. Let just say I won't be buying anything from him again.

Last edited by Peter_02AMG; 10-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
Bruce/TTM did not provide much help, he told me to modify my steering column to fit the header. We shouldn't have to modify our car to make anything, we pay good money for these headers and they shouldn't have any issue. He should of provide us with the replacement if there is a problem even if he have to pay for it out of his own wallet. He sold it to me and I pay him.

After no support from Bruce I made several call to ARH, the call this Monday was to sent my driver side header back so they can fix it. I was willing to pay for it out of my own pocket but I go Anthony on the line and I told him what has happen and he apologized several time for the inconvience and they will make me a new header for me free of charge and ship it out to me 2nd day air once its finish. I sent an IM to Vioilo and told him about Anthony. So he got a replacement header too.

Anthony was very professional not like the other two older gen at ARH that I talked to in the past which they told me to contact Bruce at TTM. Bruce is like a used car saleman and we all know how they are. Let just say I won't be buying anything from him again.
+1
EXACTLY!!!!
I was also told by Bruce to modify the steering bolt/nut and remove the bracket. Well it just doesn't work. The only way it will work is to somehow create a dimple in the 8th collector. I do not want to do that!!!
Anthony@ARH provided excellent customer service. I 'm expecting my new and revised header next week. The old one will be sent back to ARH so they can inspect it. The fitment/steering shaft rubbing issue will be fixed by ARH. THOSE ARE THE BEST LTH'S MONEY CAN BY FOR OUR CARS PERIOD!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+1
EXACTLY!!!!
I was also told by Bruce to modify the steering bolt/nut and remove the bracket. Well it just doesn't work. The only way it will work is to somehow create a dimple in the 8th collector. I do not want to do that!!!
Anthony@ARH provided excellent customer service. I 'm expecting my new and revised header next week. The old one will be sent back to ARH so they can inspect it. The fitment/steering shaft rubbing issue will be fixed by ARH. THOSE ARE THE BEST LTH'S MONEY CAN BY FOR OUR CARS PERIOD!!!!
I agree with you 100% there now way I'm going to attemp to take my steering shaft apart. These Headers are awesome!!
Its just to bad my neighbors are **** about the sound.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:54 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 AMG
Peter- have you considered E55 mufflers for the neighbor issue?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DVC
Peter- have you considered E55 mufflers for the neighbor issue?
The headers are getting removed right now, I going to run stock exhaust till I figured out what to do next spring.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
Bruce/TTM did not provide much help, he told me to modify my steering column to fit the header. We shouldn't have to modify our car to make anything fit, we pay good money for these headers and they shouldn't have any issue. He should of provide us with the replacement if there is a problem even if he have to pay for it out of his own wallet. He sold it to me and I pay him.

i was very close to getting these my self, to replace my current system which had issues, and made it clear i did not want an other system doing the same.

Was given garentee from Bruce, i would face no issues and it would be the installers fault if they did not fit in a nut shell...guess i got lucky!

i am over sea...imagine the shipping nightmare and headache of shipping these back and forth, not counting the install, remove, re install charges

Hope you all get these issues sorted out and thanks for coming forward, to save people from going through the same nightmare. I know how it feels to pay $$$ for a system that doesn't fit and work as intended!

Bruce is a nice guy and helpful, but it is clear these were not put through a fitment testing phase,prior to going on sale

Last edited by Zod; 10-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
THOSE ARE THE BEST LTH'S MONEY CAN BY FOR OUR CARS PERIOD!!!!
And your evidence for this statement is?

There's plenty of very satisfied MBH customers, whose headers actually fit, that might not agree with your opinion. Regardless, glad ARH is willing to fix the ill-fitting header you were sold.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:34 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by komp55
And your evidence for this statement is?

There's plenty of very satisfied MBH customers, whose headers actually fit, that might not agree with your opinion. Regardless, glad ARH is willing to fix the ill-fitting header you were sold.
I know how the MBH Headers are made and they are notch quality as well. Everyone with MBH LTH's is extremely happy and they do have proven gains. The reason why I didn't go with MBH was because ARH LTH's are made with 1-7/8” long tube primaries. Yes we do have some clearance issue with the steering shaft bolt but ARH is fixing this as we speak! The ARH LTH's does not obstruct the exhaust port openings in the heads, they are slightly bigger Combined with the X-pipe I think ARH will give you slightly more HP just because of the bigger primaries!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. If someone feels one companies product is better than than another. Than by all mean buy that product. At the end of the day its all about what makes you happy. I can't comment on the other her of headers, but I can on mine.

We were the first to release a stainless steel long tube header system for the E55 that is made in the USA. At the time I came out with the LTH system for the 55k, Header prices were high and all you could really get was shorties, or a mild steel LTH. I felt for the money you should be given a lot more. Something top notch. Made with the best materials. Give you guys a lifetime warranty, then tack on a power guarantee (still think i'm the only one to do that).

As far as I know we are one of few who actually use T304 16 gauge stainless steel primaries. When compared to 18 gauge 304 SS that is used in some E55 headers. The 16 gauge SS is far Superior. Offering much better heat retention inside the headers, and able to take many more heat cycles. In fact since we started selling headers we have never had a header crack or a weld fail. To me, this is a result of the workmanship and attention to detail we put in every set of headers we build.

Granted every header company at one point or another has had a fitment issue along the way. However this was something we dealt with a long time ago. We try to build the best headers available for AMG's. Weather it be for the 63's or 55's. Helping to set 1/4 records for a few 55's along with many 63's toping out with well over 600whp. At this point though, If i was chasing records still I would be out at the track racing. However I am not. More focused on friends and family along with offering a top quality product for you guys to enjoy.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I know how the MBH Headers are made and they are notch quality as well. Everyone with MBH LTH's is extremely happy and they do have proven gains. The reason why I didn't go with MBH was because ARH LTH's are made with 1-7/8” long tube primaries. Yes we do have some clearance issue with the steering shaft bolt but ARH is fixing this as we speak! The ARH LTH's does not obstruct the exhaust port openings in the heads, they are slightly bigger Combined with the X-pipe I think ARH will give you slightly more HP just because of the bigger primaries!
The exhaust port in the head is 1.55 inches. A 1 3/4 would be plenty big enough and also help keep exhaust gasses moving faster than 1 7/8 on a stock sized engine. The bigger the hole the faster the exhaust gas will cool and will actually hurt you more than help you. Bigger isn't always better. If someone would just come out with a stepped header that would be perfect.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:15 AM

E55
So who is selling the headers now TTM or ARH? Is Bruce out of the ARH Header Project?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. If someone feels one companies product is better than than another. Than by all mean buy that product. At the end of the day its all about what makes you happy. I can't comment on the other her of headers, but I can on mine.

We were the first to release a stainless steel long tube header system for the E55 that is made in the USA. At the time I came out with the LTH system for the 55k, Header prices were high and all you could really get was shorties, or a mild steel LTH. I felt for the money you should be given a lot more. Something top notch. Made with the best materials. Give you guys a lifetime warranty, then tack on a power guarantee (still think i'm the only one to do that).

As far as I know we are one of few who actually use T304 16 gauge stainless steel primaries. When compared to 18 gauge 304 SS that is used in some E55 headers. The 16 gauge SS is far Superior. Offering much better heat retention inside the headers, and able to take many more heat cycles. In fact since we started selling headers we have never had a header crack or a weld fail. To me, this is a result of the workmanship and attention to detail we put in every set of headers we build.

Granted every header company at one point or another has had a fitment issue along the way. However this was something we dealt with a long time ago. We try to build the best headers available for AMG's. Weather it be for the 63's or 55's. Helping to set 1/4 records for a few 55's along with many 63's toping out with well over 600whp. At this point though, If i was chasing records still I would be out at the track racing. However I am not. More focused on friends and family along with offering a top quality product for you guys to enjoy.
Well spoken
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM

2017 Charger Hellcat
Any updates on fitment issue??