Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trunk reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trunk reset?

I recently changed both batteries and now my auto trunk doesnt work for open or close.

I verified that the mechanical key position is correct. I still have third eye brake light, light to the auto close switch, as well as plate light. Ive pulled the fuse in the trunk as well as hold the interior trunk release down for 5 seconds.

Is there something else to try before I start pulling the trunk apart to look for cut wires? Is there some sort of trunk reset like the one touch window reset procedure?

Thanks

06 e55
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM

there are no cut wires. I thought I do one more try here before I have to go to dealership.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:07 PM

if anyone else needs the info in the future... the trunk needs to be reset by the dealership. Now the key, the rear button and the interior button all work to open and close the trunk.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63 AMG, 1991 NSX, 2007 Corvette
Since you found that there were no cut wires, that is what I was going to suggest. I had the same problem where all of a sudden the trunk wouldn't open or close. My shop said it is very common with our cars that the wires get crimped and can easily get cut. Once they fixed the wire, it was back working.
It is probably something minor but now a real pain to have to get it checked out, etc..
Let us know what you found out to be the problem.
Good Luck.