W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FUEL PUMP/SENDING AND GAS TANK ISSUES!! NEED HELP! PLEASE ADVISE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by isellbenz
So you need a tank too???

The MB Dealer has no inclination of trying to help with this issue. My biggest argument with them is that the car was in for a fuel leak 3 weeks ago - the short of it is that the fuel leak was not fixed. What was done to make sure the car was diagnosed correctly and that my money was not wasted on a bogus repair?? I asked them if they are CERTAIN that the gas tank is the problem and can they SEE the leak? They said the tank has to be dropped to see the leak - did not drop tank - Why is this not being done? Sounds like they are only guessing at this point!!?? (Although after many posts of this exact issue, one can only assume that it is the case.)

This has got to be the most frustrating thing ever.
I would harp long and hard on the fact that they supposedly "fixed" the issue, but it wasn't and why on earth would you pay for something that didn't fix the problem?

The only way around this is not to fill the tank up past 3/4, unless you start having codes pop up, which unfortunately happened to me. I had to take care of this out of pocket just to get through emissions at that point.