Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal for an E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 (RIP), 07 E63, 2018 C63S
Originally Posted by masonh66
i would be concerned about the oil leaks and wouldn't trust what the service tech told you blindly.not sure where you had it inspected,but i would want a second opinion,in case maybe he bought the car at that dealership and he plans to buy a new from them or they just like him as a past customer.in that case they are going to try to make the car look as nice as they possibly can.don't know if that applies here,but i've seen it happen before.

if you have both main seals leaking and the diff leaking,you're probably looking at 12+ labor hours to fix plus the cost of the seals and gaskets.the rear main will be the most expensive.maybe have him cover that part and you get the rest.

i might also wonder how long and why they are leaking.seems odd that both main bearing seals would be leaking.maybe nothing though.
I had the inspection done at a shop called Star Motors in Sacramento, CA. The owner of the car has never done work or been there. I chose this shop because they are reputable and the co-owner was a service advisor at a MB dealership.

All the oil seeping issues are still a concern for me, but for the price/exterior condition of the car, I just couldnt pass it up.

I have a highschool friend who works at an independent MB shop and I can get really good prices on labor. I'd be happy as long as these repairs don't set me back more than $4,000
Old 05-24-2012, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
i'd say you're good then