Sponsored by:

722.6 B2 shift valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaguar XJR
722.6 B2 shift valve

Hello all, I'm new to this forum but so far it has been extremely helpful to my rebuilt of a 722.6 tranny.
I'm hoping someone can confirm something for me though.
What is the orientation of the B2 shift valve? does the metal cup face into the valve body or out of it.
This is the odd valve that is held in by a pin.

Thanks alot!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I am nut sure what you are saying completely about held in by a pin since there are 6 solenoids held down in sets of 2 with a metal brace that goes across the top with a bolt down the center. Or the "cup" you are talking about, but have you looked at a pic of the valve body? I am assuming you took stuff apart and don't remember how it was in, therefore asking this question, but I think looking at a pic should answer your question.

Most of the solenoids have a little nipple with an o-ring on them that goes down in the valve body and then I can't remember exactly but there are one or two with a shaft that goes down in.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 AM

Jaguar XJR
Thanks
But this is not a solenoid it is a valve. The B2 shift valve. It is on the side of the lower valve body. It is not held in by a plate like all the other valves it has a pin that slides in from the top. The diagrams are not detailed enough to determine the orientation of the outer metal "cup" for lack of a better term. The valve itself is made up of three pieces, valve, spring and this metal cup.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ahh, my bad. I am still trying to figure out what you are talking about though. I have had my valve body apart, and am not sure what part you are refering to with a pin still. Hmm....

All the valves are held in by the end plates that hold the springs in, some the big springs and some the little ones with the little aluminum pieces seen in pic. I must be losing my mind about one held in with a pin. Also, you mention "B2" but when I look at a pdf file of the valve body "B2" is listed as "Brake control solenoid valve B2."

Also this would be the "top" of the valve body when it is out of the car, but bottom when installed

When you say "bottom of valve body" are you refering to this part? Or the other half that is bigger and would be the part sitting down if it was out of the car?

And also where at in pic 1 or pic 2 is this part located? Like I said, I took my valve body out at one point, took all the solenoids out, split it in half and pulled the plates off that hold all the plunger valves in on both halves of the valve body but don't remember any pin holding anything in so am confused.

Last edited by urbamworm; 06-28-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 PM

Jaguar XJR
Thanks Urbamworm, really appreciate the effort here. If you look at the attachment pdf it is on the second page valve #74.27.

Thanks!
Attached Files
Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Weird, I am not sure why I would have taken everything apart and left only that one valve, but I just don't remember pulling a pin out to remove a valve. Looking at my pic I don't even see where that pin would be, crazy stuff!

Either way, maybe post a pic of the piece you are trying to figure out how it goes in? If I can't help maybe someone else can, can't remember the screen name off the top of my head but there is another member that has tore his tranny apart and also taken valve body apart so he probably knows.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Jaguar XJR
Thanks all I was able to find a picture of the part showing its orientation. I've attached it for future reference.
Attached Thumbnails 722.6 B2 shift valve-hemi_stage_ii_valve_body_install_516.jpg