W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got hit and run by some dumb kid tonight. How can I get the most out of this???

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 156 Posts
SL55, S500
In NY the car is covered not the driver.

Your insurance should call his insurance and ask if they are sure one more time before you go through this bs.

Also why don't you pay a visit to his house and see what his dad has to say.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
BBBS i just read that he has the court date in a few weeks
Be sure to keep us abreast of whats going on.
Get in touch with that cop so both your stories check out

Definitely bring up to the judge that he was drinking and have the cop verify your story
However the cop might not want to bring that up since he reflects poorly on his judgement not to arrest him.

In any event get your insurance thing straightened out
I believe their insurance is giving you the run around and you may need an adjuster to help you out.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Bit of an update. Still no call back from the cop that did the report. I will try to stop in the station at night and see if I can get them to have him meet me. Its a smaller suburb in a very low crime area so it shouldn't be too hard to get him. I'm wondering if he ever checks his voicemail at the station?

Illinois is an SR22 state and I didn't know all the details about what SR22 was. Seems very interesting and I will see if we can get him pinned with that somehow.

On another note I had Allstate, my insurer, look at the car and write an estimate at a shop near my home after talking to them on the phone. I've been extremely busy with work and the shop I want to use is about an hour away from me. They low balled the estimate as expected a bit but not too terribly. They wrote 7 hours to repair the door but we have to open the door to see if a structural beam that the sheet metal kinda folded around is damaged in any way. If it is, new door time. They want to have my mirror repaired which I am not too happy about but I will have my shop look at it and see what all is actually going on with it. It was pushed up in the accident and sits at an angle maybe 20-30 degrees elevated from where it should be. I have a feeling the mounting area broke and I will not be ok with a half *** repair on this. Also I'm not sure what the clear bra stuff costs but they wrote $7 for the strip on the door edge, and like $13 for the part by the door handle I believe. After leaving I noticed they didn't include anything for the piece over the mirror. They are paying to refinish the one wheel as well. I told em its pulling slightly now and I felt it needed an alignment and he said he'd note that but I don't see it listed anywhere.

As far as paint they want to repaint the bottom half of the one door, about 1/3 of the side skirt, the wheel arch, and a small section of the back bumper behind the wheel and blend that out to keep as much of the factory paint as possible. Normally I'd balk at that but I may agree on that with the factory paint used on these. Gonna talk to my body guy and get his opinion on that.

Oh, and to my shock once all the tire marks were cleaned up I'm downright AMAZED at how well the factory paint held up. There are a couple small scratches around the wheel well, and a couple scratches about the size of a penny on the back bumper behind the wheel, a small rub mark on the side skirt, and a single scratch on the door handles but otherwise there's nothing! It all rubbed away with a my thumb or a lil towel. I didn't want to mess with it till the insurance looked at it and got their own pics but I'd never in a million years guess an SUV ran down the side of my car. Here's a couple pics I snapped after pulling out of the insurance inspection.

Adjuster says he saw a small dent in the wheel arch but I can't for the life of me find one. I'm really picky too. I wasn't about to argue about more funds to repair this though. lol

Last edited by BBBSS; 07-18-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Any news with this?
Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Cop never called back and I have not had a chance to stop at the station due to work. Court is this coming Tuesday.

Still waiting to get it in the shop. Hours at work are killing me as the summer is my busy season. I'll update Tuesday after I do my best to make the judge want to throw the book at the kid. Have calls in to Farmers requesting written denials of the claim as they said they would send them but I have... nothing.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Unfortunately that cop may be avoiding you for a reason
It will come back to bite him in the *** for arresting that kid for DUI
He should have made the decision to at that point.

Hopefully it will all come out on Tuesday
Hoping for the best results for your claim.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
i wouldnt be surprised if the cop wont show up in court. Maybe the kid has parents or know someone that knows someone and without cop, they may try to dismiss case, so reschedule!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
So any new updates?