Sponsored by:

e63 problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 63 amg
e63 problem

Hi guys it looks like when it rain it pour/I have been having some issue with the Keyless door handle which iam going to replace the handle (my self) thanks to MBworld menbers. Well Let me start by saying I was driving last night on the highway doing 95mph on 7th gear when i press the gas pedal(lightly) to speed up it started to misfire or shaking. But at that time press it harder it downshift to 6 and car sped up to triple digits without a problem. So if i press on the gas pedal lightly to speed up it does it but if i press it rough it downshift and does not misfire or shake. by the way the engine was at 2000 rpm before i press the pedal. What the hell is this guys. No engine light either. Is this tranny?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by julian14
Hi guys it looks like when it rain it pour/I have been having some issue with the Keyless door handle which iam going to replace the handle (my self) thanks to MBworld menbers. Well Let me start by saying I was driving last night on the highway doing 95mph on 7th gear when i press the gas pedal(lightly) to speed up it started to misfire or shaking. But at that time press it harder it downshift to 6 and car sped up to triple digits without a problem. So if i press on the gas pedal lightly to speed up it does it but if i press it rough it downshift and does not misfire or shake. by the way the engine was at 2000 rpm before i press the pedal. What the hell is this guys. No engine light either. Is this tranny?
Sound like a bad up stream O2 senors is about to go bad. That how my car was before a O2 sensor die. I got a randon/multiple cylinder misfire CEL though.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 AM

2007 E63 AMG
I'd have to agree, probably running way off a good a/f ratio down low/cruising, once you step on it it clears itself out and runs as it should.

How many miles?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 AM

E 63 amg
My car has 66k right now. Like I said before it run and idle well no misfire or CEL but i felt that problem the other night. Yesterday i tried to ilicit it again but it did not do it. there is the CEL what should i do wait until the problem manisfest it self and come out in the open? I let you guys knows what the outcome is. Thanks a million guys
Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM

2007 E63 AMG
Get the code read, that's the obvious starting point (an obdII scanner will I believe read it AND clear it, so if it comes back you have a problem).