What a week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
When you have an administration bent on drawing lines between me and you, they eventually become battle lines.
The problem is how do you fix it after its gone so far? New admistration,New president,new laws, Etc..... ?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
My only concern is the potential for this to go over the top.

I already read a article yesterday talking about banning ALL semi automatic weapons.

THAT is scary stuff.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
The problem is how do you fix it after its gone so far? New admistration,New president,new laws, Etc..... ?
I'm paraphrasing Ben Frannklin here but; They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Too many laws already. Too much government.

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
My only concern is the potential for this to go over the top.

I already read a article yesterday talking about banning ALL semi automatic weapons.

THAT is scary stuff.
The problem is ignorance. Semi-automatic has the word automatic in it so people think they're machine guns. It will never go that far, but I don't doubt that another AWB or something like it will at least get voted on. The Democrats lost the entire legislation last time they did that.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
More people need to conceal carry.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Moosejaw, PR does have a high unemployement rate. The grand majority of assassinations though are drug related.

Hit me up if you need anything.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Moosejaw, PR does have a high unemployement rate. The grand majority of assassinations though are drug related.

Hit me up if you need anything.
sent you a PM
Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
Or maybe these countrys are just being glorified to keep the spot light off of the U.S
No.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Update: Been off for a while. Life's been really tuff for me lately, but that's life. Also, the police have some suspects from the arson's. So that's great. Although the E55 is showing some unwanted symptoms of engine problems, but I am pretty sure its either old oil, bad plugs or wires, or maybe just bad gas, because for the first time in like a year I filled up on different gas. (Circle K 93 octane with 10% ethanol to Kroger 91 octane with 15% ethanol)

Also, what is up with the new MBWorld?? Hahaha update looks great BTW.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Why would anyone put crap gas from citgo, 7/11, wawa, sheetz, kroger???? Of course it will run not as good as the other brands since they use more additives/extra stuff in the gas.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Update: Man, what a week. Since my last post, There has been 4 more arsons. I dont know for sure, but I hear yet another life was claimed. 3 houses, 1 historical landmrk. Google search "Lipton Tea Building fire". Very big fire, with 15 fire departments responding.
http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottaw....php?id=460748
Then, the next day, my garage was broken into, but interestingly enough, the only items missing thus far is a spare set of keys with spares to my E55, house (front and back door), garage keys, and a few master lock keys, as well as an Ipod charging cord and about $200 in change and cash. where they entered is unknown, but the door is bent at the bottom (metal door) where it seems to have been kicked at pretty hard, but never gave in. other than that, everything was locked tight, and the security system never tripped. The investigator that responded said the only way he saw they could have gotten in was from my alley garage door. It does not have a sensor, because I figured both my garage doors were very secure. He thinks they may have shoved a bent wire under the door and somehow pulled the override cable for power out situations. All locks to my house and garage were replaced, as well as dead bolts added, and a 4 channel CCTV security system with DVR on order. How ever, I don't know what to do about the missing slide out and key fob to the mercedes. How much would it be to have these changed? Needs to be done.

Then to add icing to the cake, I have been really ill with strep throat for the last two days. I've been on penicillin for a little over 24 hours now and it seems to be helping, unless its the bottle of nyquil I already went through. Either way, it seems like everything around me is falling apart. About the only good thing that happened was I heard a rumor about someone bragging about finding a Mercedes key fob. Rest assured, I will be talking to them soon.

Last edited by 03'55AMG; 08-21-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Update: Man, what a week. Since my last post, There has been 4 more arsons. I dont know for sure, but I hear yet another life was claimed. 3 houses, 1 historical landmrk. Google search "Lipton Tea Building fire". Very big fire, with 15 fire departments responding.
http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottaw....php?id=460748
Then, the next day, my garage was broken into, but interestingly enough, the only items missing thus far is a spare set of keys with spares to my E55, house (front and back door), garage keys, and a few master lock keys, as well as an Ipod charging cord and about $200 in change and cash. where they entered is unknown, but the door is bent at the bottom (metal door) where it seems to have been kicked at pretty hard, but never gave in. other than that, everything was locked tight, and the security system never tripped. The investigator that responded said the only way he saw they could have gotten in was from my alley garage door. It does not have a sensor, because I figured both my garage doors were very secure. He thinks they may have shoved a bent wire under the door and somehow pulled the override cable for power out situations. All locks to my house and garage were replaced, as well as dead bolts added, and a 4 channel CCTV security system with DVR on order. How ever, I don't know what to do about the missing slide out and key fob to the mercedes. How much would it be to have these changed? Needs to be done.

Then to add icing to the cake, I have been really ill with strep throat for the last two days. I've been on penicillin for a little over 24 hours now and it seems to be helping, unless its the bottle of nyquil I already went through. Either way, it seems like everything around me is falling apart. About the only good thing that happened was I heard a rumor about someone bragging about finding a Mercedes key fob. Rest assured, I will be talking to them soon.
Damn bro, really sorry to hear all that! Hope you get well soon!

I have 9 infrared cameras that cover every inch of my property. 3 of them cover my cars. The DVR records for 2 months and I have a 50" screen that I can watch all camers at the same time. Also, my alarm system is wireless, so you can't cut the power. I can also zoom in and rotate the cameras with a remote.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Very nice RBJ! Thanks too, the penicillin is working its magic and I feel better already! Also, I too chose a wireless system with 3 day battery backup, as well as the usual remote dialing upon power out and break in alarms. Also bought 5 more sensors, and a 130 DB siren. Now all garage doors, windows, and entry doors are covered. Also added glass break sensors, as well as a motion detector. Also armed myself with the closest thing I can legally possess to a firearm. A full metal replica CO2 pistol. Full blowback, 100% realistic. Even the end of the barrel appears to be of .45 caliber. And at 500 feet per second, I feel it will easily deter somebody from breaking in to my home/garage again. I might even pick up a set of cut outs for the beast while im at it. Not only will it sound mean, but I figure if I leave them open at night, I'll know when someone attempts to steal my car, if they try.

I even heard a rumor from a friend of a friend that I might be receiving another MB for my upcoming birthday... Can't wait to see. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel after all...
Old 08-23-2012, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
People die all day long in cars, yet have yet to see a single mention of a ban. People get fat everyday yet I still see spoons and knives being sold. 50,000+ die annually from infections received in the hospital-never a word on a hospital Admin going to jail.

An idiot is responsible for these crimes, and some in society only want to lock them up in club-med. Tell you what, give me clemency, show me their jacket, and match my income, I would be happy to put a slug into their heads all day long. Save the taxpayers money, save society from releasing another piece of trash which most return to jail anyhow. America is far too lenient on the garbage that victimizes it's citizens. Line repeat felons up and take them out-every last one of the son of a *****es! 3 year died in OPs post, very sad, hope they find the trash and soak him with lighter fluid. Flame away.

Last edited by pearlpower; 08-23-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by novae500
Why would anyone put crap gas from citgo, 7/11, wawa, sheetz, kroger???? Of course it will run not as good as the other brands since they use more additives/extra stuff in the gas.
Pulled this from the web so it must be TRUE! but at least its interesting......
Oil companies spend lots of money explaining why their gas is better than the competition s. Chevron s gas, for example, is fortified with Techron, and Amoco Ultimate is supposed to save the planet along with your engine. But today more than ever, one gallon of gas is as good as the next.

True, additives help to clean your engine, but what the companies don t tell you is that all gas has them. Since 1994 the government has required that detergents be added to all gasoline to help prevent fuel injectors from clogging. State and local regulators keep a close watch to make sure those standards are met; a 2005 study indicated that Florida inspectors checked 45,000 samples to ensure the state s gas supply was up to snuff, and 99 percent of the time it was. There s little difference between brand-name gas and any other, says AAA spokesperson Geoff Sundstrom.

What s more, your local Chevron station may sell gas refined by Shell or Exxon Mobil. Suppliers share pipelines, so they all use the same fuel. And the difference between the most expensive brand-name gas and the lowliest gallon of no-brand fuel? Often just a quart of detergent added to an 8,000-gallon tanker truck.

and from a goverment website........Department of Energy (so it must be true)
The name on the service station sign does not tell the whole story. The fact that you purchase gasoline from a given company does not necessarily mean that the gasoline was actually produced by that particular company's refineries. While gasoline is sold at about 162,000 retail outlets across the nation1, about one-third of these stations are “unbranded” dealers that may sell gasoline of any brand2. The remainder of the outlets are “branded” stations, but may not necessarily be selling gasoline produced at that company's refineries. This is because gasoline from different refineries is often combined for shipment by pipeline, and companies owning service stations in the same area may be purchasing gasoline at the same bulk terminal. In that case, the only difference between the gasoline at station X versus the gasoline at station Y may be the small amount of additives that those companies add to the gasoline before it gets to the pump.

Last edited by moosejaw; 08-23-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
good interesting read. But from my personal experience and several friends. When they put East Coast, 7/11, Liberty, WAWA, there mercedes (me previous acura/hondas) ran like crap and felt like it was going to cut out. Fuel filters got clogged alot sooner too.

OP- go buy a shotgun. A fake gun isnt going to help you when the intruder/burglar has a real one!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Over the years in talking to several people in the gasoline business have confirmed gas is gas, no one product is any better than the other. I dont have a problem filling up at Racetrac, been doing so for 7 years. I dont buy that Shell BS.

OP waiting for your email btw
Old 08-24-2012, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Email replied Moosejaw! and what a read, regarding gas. If its all the same, then why does some gas make my car run crapy? Doesn't make much sense. I do need gas though, so I am going to try some of this shell invigorate stuff. Same gas, should have no effect. We will see. Also, off topic but funny, today me and a buddy were bored so I took a back road to do a little test launch from 0 to end of first with a 1200 brakestand. Well, it was fun, and will hopefully get the vid my friend took from outside the car, but upon launching, my radio shot into my lap... Lmao. Forgot to screw it back in when I had the center torn apart. Shot right out, slid over the gear selector and nearly hit me in my privates.. hahaha all is well so I find it humorous. at the time it was like "OH NO!!!" but I realized it was a rookie mistake and took care of it.. Lol
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Man, I hope you feel better soon and things get easier around there!! Anyways, the dealership can block the stolen key from working on your car, just make sure to bring them all the keys you still have so they know which one to block.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Email replied Moosejaw! and what a read, regarding gas. If its all the same, then why does some gas make my car run crapy? Doesn't make much sense. I do need gas though, so I am going to try some of this shell invigorate stuff. Same gas, should have no effect. We will see. Also, off topic but funny, today me and a buddy were bored so I took a back road to do a little test launch from 0 to end of first with a 1200 brakestand. Well, it was fun, and will hopefully get the vid my friend took from outside the car, but upon launching, my radio shot into my lap... Lmao. Forgot to screw it back in when I had the center torn apart. Shot right out, slid over the gear selector and nearly hit me in my privates.. hahaha all is well so I find it humorous. at the time it was like "OH NO!!!" but I realized it was a rookie mistake and took care of it.. Lol
If gas in your car runs crappy, it has nothing to do with the gas station that sold it, chances are the gas station next to yours probably sells the same crappy gas. Thats just what was sold to them.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by moosejaw
If gas in your car runs crappy, it has nothing to do with the gas stations that sold it, chances are the gas station next to yours probably sells the same crappy gas. Thats just what was sold to them.
I did an informal test on this a few years back after all my office colleagues told me I was stupid for running cheap gas in my Infinite. They also said my gas mileage would be less with cheap gas. I had read an article about how there are only a few different refiners and many different gas station actually sell the same gas.

For the test, I ran shell 93 for two months straight and then ran cheap a$$ Thrifty premium for two months. I threw the first tank of thrifty out, but otherwise tracked gals pumped and miles driven. There was absolutely no difference in gas mileage. I noticed no difference in performance either.

One of the funny things you hear is that cheap gas is full of water. I suggest anyone that believes that should get a glass jar, fill half with gas and half water then shake vigorously and see what happens. Water is significantly heavier than gas. They just don't mix. That means all of the water is at the bottom of the gas station's tank. The guy that gets that last tank full is going to be pissed.

For some reason, I have gone back to only running Shell 93 in my 55 or BP if I cannot find a Shell.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pewter W211
As a police officer I unfortunately see death much more than I wish to admit, especially in senseless murders like this.

As for gun control there's nothing more I wish for than for every law abiding citizen to have at least one firearm, know how to use it, and to be legally able to conceal carry it where ever they go. Criminals would think twice if they knew everyone had a firearm and then the good people could stick up for themselves against these cowardly thugs who prey on the weak and innocent.

Like was already stated here, the cities with the strictest gun laws have the worse crime rates because criminals love unarmed victims.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
^ You lend an interesting perspective as a police officer. I am curious, do most police share your opinion?

I recall a few high profile cases of car jackers getting shot years ago when I lived in San Diego. In one case, the driver purportedly used his 44 mag to put a hole in his car door and nearly cut the would be jacker in half. Car jacking dropped significantly for quite a while after that.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pewter W211
Originally Posted by cal1
^ You lend an interesting perspective as a police officer. I am curious, do most police share your opinion?
I have been a member of two different police departments and have yet to meet a police officer who isn't very conservative. In fact I currently work for a department in Illinois where conceal carry is not legal. If you were to check out the officer's lockers you would see many pro-conceal carry decals on them not to mention how many officers are part of the groups trying to get conceal carry passed in Illinois.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
I have been a member of two different police departments and have yet to meet a police officer who isn't very conservative. In fact I currently work for a department in Illinois where conceal carry is not legal. If you were to check out the officer's lockers you would see many pro-conceal carry decals on them not to mention how many officers are part of the groups trying to get conceal carry passed in Illinois.
I tend to agree with the whole concept. My family thinks I am crazy and if you add guns to society, you will increase violence. It seems to me there should be plenty of data on people with conceal permits to see if that is true. If it was true, I would think members of law enforcement would be against the whole idea. The fact they are not says a ton to me.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
As a police officer I unfortunately see death much more than I wish to admit, especially in senseless murders like this.

As for gun control there's nothing more I wish for than for every law abiding citizen to have at least one firearm, know how to use it, and to be legally able to conceal carry it where ever they go. Criminals would think twice if they knew everyone had a firearm and then the good people could stick up for themselves against these cowardly thugs who prey on the weak and innocent.

Like was already stated here, the cities with the strictest gun laws have the worse crime rates because criminals love unarmed victims.
If criminals, unless they are covered by the "Dream Act"
can get illegal drugs they can get illegal guns . Arson is a horrible crime.
Officer, you know how to "Protect and Serve."

Last edited by grane; 08-25-2012 at 12:25 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What a week