What a week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Unhappy What a week

Just wanted to post on my hectic week, mostly off topic, but figured why not. 2 days ago, I ran into a black dodge charger with HUGE rims. maybe 21's. I think it was an SRT-8 too. Well he wanted a go, so I gave it to him, no problem. No big deal here, just part of my week. I will post pics of the car tomorrow. Then later that night, a house about half a block from me was set on fire by arsonists. It was put out but the house has to be demolished, and thank God nobody was hurt. What a shame. Then, yesterday yet another apartment building was set ablaze by arsonists at about 3 AM. Sadly, a Mother lost her 3 year old little girl in the blaze. And her other daughter is still in the hospital for smoke inhalation. It is sad a mother had to loose here baby to arson. Please feel free to extend your prayers to their family and all involved. I was visiting a friend that lived next door and while we were there somebody pulled up to their old home, and wept in the driveway. It had to have been the hardest thing in the world for them to lose a child to arson. Since then, I can somewhat see the pain involved in loosing a child, and it reminded me of Elliot (RedBullJunky). Elliot, if you read this, I had no idea how bad it was, after seeing the father sit in his car in the driveway and weep, was the saddest thing I have ever seen. I felt so bad I gave him some furniture for his new home, even though he hadn't found one yet. Sorry RBJ, that pain must be unimaginable to somebody without kids, but I hope your'e alright.

They haven't caught the ****ing ***** yet, but I hear hes suspected of more than 5 arson's in the last year (a pet supply store, 3 homes, and a vehicle). I hope that he gets found by the family he devastated before the police do, and beat the living **** out of him. Sorry for the rant, but that is the lowest you can possibly go, killing children while they're sleeping by setting their home on fire.

Like I said.. What a week
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
That story is horrible
Thats a good thing you did helping out by donating furniture
kudos to you!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Horrible story. Prayers to the family that lost their child and of course my prayers have been with Elliot.

Illinois= America's Afghanistan.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63 AMG, 1991 NSX, 2007 Corvette
You have to wonder what is going on in this world with all of the hate.
Guy shoots up people at the theater, Guy shoots up people at the Temple, Guy shoots up people at a political event, Fires set, kids are kidnapped. When does it all end?
Thanks for the post. It makes you realize how fragile life really is.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Not to start a preacher's pulpit........
But as a registered gun owner who goes to great lengths to document every single firearm in my possession, it makes me furious to see these recent events with the theater, the temple, and the attempt on the us senator.
It's actually made me rethink my previous stance on gun control
Assault weapons should not be made available to the public period. Only for police and military use. It wont stop every crazed lunatic, but we have to stop somewhere. Be it a psych evaluation before any gun purchase, but these politicians need to start protecting the public bc no one else is and the gun lobbyists are lining the politicians pockets.
Only way to stop this madness. Even if it prevents one loss of life it's worth it.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
This country is becoming a toilet bowl and the politicians are all selling out!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by stevieg
Guy shoots up people at the theater, Guy shoots up people at the Temple, Guy shoots up people at a political event, Fires set, kids are kidnapped. When does it all end?
Whatever man. This stuff happens all of the time. Sad of course...but look at the atrocities that happen all over the world right as I type this...

Burma
Iraq
Iran
Afghanistan
Liberia
Sierra Leone
Congo

just to name a few.

The USA is not that bad. Just a bunch of facking idiots trying to prove some ridiculous point.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Just wanted to post on my hectic week, mostly off topic, but figured why not. 2 days ago, I ran into a black dodge charger with HUGE rims. maybe 21's. I think it was an SRT-8 too. Well he wanted a go, so I gave it to him, no problem. No big deal here, just part of my week. I will post pics of the car tomorrow. Then later that night, a house about half a block from me was set on fire by arsonists. It was put out but the house has to be demolished, and thank God nobody was hurt. What a shame. Then, yesterday yet another apartment building was set ablaze by arsonists at about 3 AM. Sadly, a Mother lost her 3 year old little girl in the blaze. And her other daughter is still in the hospital for smoke inhalation. It is sad a mother had to loose here baby to arson. Please feel free to extend your prayers to their family and all involved. I was visiting a friend that lived next door and while we were there somebody pulled up to their old home, and wept in the driveway. It had to have been the hardest thing in the world for them to lose a child to arson. Since then, I can somewhat see the pain involved in loosing a child, and it reminded me of Elliot (RedBullJunky). Elliot, if you read this, I had no idea how bad it was, after seeing the father sit in his car in the driveway and weep, was the saddest thing I have ever seen. I felt so bad I gave him some furniture for his new home, even though he hadn't found one yet. Sorry RBJ, that pain must be unimaginable to somebody without kids, but I hope your'e alright.

They haven't caught the ****ing ***** yet, but I hear hes suspected of more than 5 arson's in the last year (a pet supply store, 3 homes, and a vehicle). I hope that he gets found by the family he devastated before the police do, and beat the living **** out of him. Sorry for the rant, but that is the lowest you can possibly go, killing children while they're sleeping by setting their home on fire.

dude (OP) you never cease to amaze me. Some of your posts show your youth big time and others show maturity beyond your years. Hopefully, we will get an opportunity to meet at Morocco this fall. The root beer and pizza is on me. Well, maybe we will make Chad pay.

Originally Posted by emoving
This country is becoming a toilet bowl and the politicians are all selling out!
Could not agree with you more bro. Ethics and morals are out the door. Pushing ones political ideology at any cost is what politicians are all about today. They think the end justifies the means. One can lie, cheat, and steal so long as it pushes forth their political ideology. I have news for these *******s. It wasn't right when Machiavelli said it and it damn sure aint right today. Apologies for the rant.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
But as a registered gun owner who goes to great lengths to document every single firearm in my possession, it makes me furious to see these recent events with the theater, the temple, and the attempt on the us senator.
Assault weapons should not be made available to the public period. Only for police and military use. It wont stop every crazed lunatic, but we have to stop somewhere. Be it a psych evaluation before any gun purchase, but these politicians need to start protecting the public bc no one else is and the gun lobbyists are lining the politicians pockets.
Only way to stop this madness. Even if it prevents one loss of life it's worth it.
Hmmm...let's see. Gun control in Puerto Rico is some of the toughest in all of the US ( I don't own one because it's simply too expensive for me and too limited ). Curiously, the murder rate in PR is the highest of any state/territory of the US ( as in #1 ). The weapon of choice? AK47.

So tell me, how is gun control working in this situation? Take it away from the people who follow the law and leave them defenseless? Gun control is utterly useless...the only purpose it serves is to "control" the masses.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by stevieg
Just had to comment on the temple shooting. Last year, the wife and I moved to Milwaukee. We did not know where we would ultimately buy a house, so we rented for almost a year. We have three greyhounds and a Chi so few people wanted to rent to us. We ended up in a pretty dismal part of the city just north of Oak Creek which is the community where the shooting took place. I used to walk my hounds past the temple and would chat with the people going into the temple on Sundays. They were all so cool and would go out of thier way to say hi to me even though I could tell they where a bit intimidated by my dogs. Greys are big which scares some, but they are the most gentle creatures ever. It just makes me sick that some white supremest, racist mother had to take these Innocent peoples life's.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by cal1
dude (OP) you never cease to amaze me. Some of your posts show your youth big time and others show maturity beyond your years. Hopefully, we will get an opportunity to meet at Morocco this fall. The root beer and pizza is on me. Well, maybe we will make Chad pay.

Hahahha don't worry about me bro, Ill pay as long as I get to borrow some DRs to get a good run assuming I can pick up launch skills that quick, although I doubt it. Hopefully the weather will be good. I hate putting miles on the car, but I would love to put some names next to some faces.

Edit: I mean Faces next to names.. Lol

Last edited by 03'55AMG; 08-07-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Hmmm...let's see. Gun control in Puerto Rico is some of the toughest in all of the US ( I don't own one because it's simply too expensive for me and too limited ). Curiously, the murder rate in PR is the highest of any state/territory of the US ( as in #1 ). The weapon of choice? AK47.

So tell me, how is gun control working in this situation? Take it away from the people who follow the law and leave them defenseless? Gun control is utterly useless...the only purpose it serves is to "control" the masses.
You guys are heading down a slippery slope. consider Switzerland. When was the last time you heard about someone going off shooting innocents with an assault rifle there, yet every household with an adult male has at least one assault rife and plenty of ammo. The weapon of choice is the Sig SG550, one lethal piece of iron.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
You guys are heading down a slippery slope. consider Switzerland. When was the last time you heard about someone going off shooting innocents with an assault rifle there, yet every household with an adult male has at least one assault rife and plenty of ammo. The weapon of choice is the Sig SG550, one lethal piece of iron.
Yep.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
There is a big difference between a Sig (which i own) and a semi auto assault rifle.
All the statistics can go out the window for all I care.
All im saying is take these weapons out of reach for the general public. There is no need for someone to house a personal arsenal that rivals the local swat team

Cal1.......Switzerland's scenario is a great argument. However males are required to go through yearly training and are also required to keep the weapons you mentioned inside the house. The reason......Switzerland has no army and it's military obligations are enforced by it's own people.

You cant compare Switzerland's or PR's situation to ours. What causes a person to go out and commit an atrocities like these? Im from Canada (hello mossejaw) and gun control is very tight. Yet crimes are commited every day. Im from Vancouver of all places which has a huge gun, gang, and drug problem. Look what happened in Toronto in Eaton Center

Look at my Mom's country of Brazil. 110 million less citizens than USA, 17 million weapons (both registered and unregistered) yet a murder rate that is double our own country.

It would be interesting to do a study of murders committed in various countries. It would be interesting to see which countries have political or economical situations that have a hand in deciding these figures. I know Puerto Rico has a high unemployment rate. (GT-ER I am working on seven new Petco's in PR, i could use your advice) Switzerland is not part of the EU and refuses to adopts its currency (Prob a smart choice now lookng at greece, italy and spain) Brazil is coming into its own economic renaissance. Look at Mexico, beautiful country with a rich history that could be destroyed by the drug trade.

Anyways I'm rambling, but i still dont see why we cant take assault weapons off the street?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
You have to wonder what is going on in this world with all of the hate
Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Come on man, this is a car forum.. I dont come here to read stories like this.. If I wanted to do that there are plenty of websites I could visit for that..
Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
Originally Posted by GT-ER

U nailed that on the head good job
Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
There is no gun registration Florida, But you can have a concealed weapons permit you have to apply for
Old 08-08-2012, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG

I still sit in my car and cry. It's a pain that never goes away. Thank you for thinking of me!
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Horrible story. Prayers to the family that lost their child and of course my prayers have been with Elliot.

Illinois= America's Afghanistan.
Thank you brotha!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
There is a big difference between a Sig (which i own) and a semi auto assault rifle.
All the statistics can go out the window for all I care.
All im saying is take these weapons out of reach for the general public. There is no need for someone to house a personal arsenal that rivals the local swat team

Cal1.......Switzerland's scenario is a great argument. However males are required to go through yearly training and are also required to keep the weapons you mentioned inside the house. The reason......Switzerland has no army and it's military obligations are enforced by it's own people.

You cant compare Switzerland's or PR's situation to ours. What causes a person to go out and commit an atrocities like these? Im from Canada (hello mossejaw) and gun control is very tight. Yet crimes are commited every day. Im from Vancouver of all places which has a huge gun, gang, and drug problem. Look what happened in Toronto in Eaton Center

Look at my Mom's country of Brazil. 110 million less citizens than USA, 17 million weapons (both registered and unregistered) yet a murder rate that is double our own country.

It would be interesting to do a study of murders committed in various countries. It would be interesting to see which countries have political or economical situations that have a hand in deciding these figures. I know Puerto Rico has a high unemployment rate. (GT-ER I am working on seven new Petco's in PR, i could use your advice) Switzerland is not part of the EU and refuses to adopts its currency (Prob a smart choice now lookng at greece, italy and spain) Brazil is coming into its own economic renaissance. Look at Mexico, beautiful country with a rich history that could be destroyed by the drug trade.

Anyways I'm rambling, but i still dont see why we cant take assault weapons off the street?
This is the SIG I was talking about

I agree with you that Switzerland is a special case with their civilian soldier. I guess I was just trying to point out the complexity of this situation. If some Swiss guy wanted to paint his hair red and go into a theater showing batman to kill people, he has plenty of firepower to do so, but they don't. Maybe it is just the size of our nation. If there is one crazed individual per 100 million, then we have 2 or 3 out there walking around right now.

I actually agree with points on both side of the arguement and am not sure what the answer is.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
This is the SIG I was talking about

I agree with you that Switzerland is a special case with their civilian soldier. I guess I was just trying to point out the complexity of this situation. If some Swiss guy wanted to paint his hair red and go into a theater showing batman to kill people, he has plenty of firepower to do so, but they don't. Maybe it is just the size of our nation. If there is one crazed individual per 100 million, then we have 2 or 3 out there walking around right now.

I actually agree with points on both side of the arguement and am not sure what the answer is.
Im not sure either man....
Switzerland is a interesting argument nonetheless. The Swiss protect the pope too
Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The problem with instituting any gun control in the US is the fact that we have over 300 million guns in circulation and many more "high capacity magazines". If you ban either, they'll just make their way into the hands of criminals, and now you've disarmed the law abiding civilian population.

See: Chicago
See: Washington DC

The two strictest gun policies in the US and more people are murdered there with guns than in Afghanistan.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by outrun
Whatever man. This stuff happens all of the time. Sad of course...but look at the atrocities that happen all over the world right as I type this...

Burma
Iraq
Iran
Afghanistan
Liberia
Sierra Leone
Congo

just to name a few.

The USA is not that bad. Just a bunch of facking idiots trying to prove some ridiculous point.
Or maybe these countrys are just being glorified to keep the spot light off of the U.S Not saying the rest of the world is better off. But there is a lot of F'ed up shiat going on in the states lately.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
The problem with instituting any gun control in the US is the fact that we have over 300 million guns in circulation and many more "high capacity magazines". If you ban either, they'll just make their way into the hands of criminals, and now you've disarmed the law abiding civilian population.

See: Chicago
See: Washington DC

The two strictest gun policies in the US and more people are murdered there with guns than in Afghanistan.
All though i don't own a weapon I agree. I work on the westside of chicago a few blocks west of (Austin blvd) neighboorhood one of the worst parts of the city. I hear on the news and from my customers how many people are being murdered only a few mins away from were i work everyday. Sad Sad world we live in now a days.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bnzuovr
Or maybe these countrys are just being glorified to keep the spot light off of the U.S Not saying the rest of the world is better off. But there is a lot of F'ed up shiat going on in the states lately.
When you have an administration bent on drawing lines between me and you, they eventually become battle lines.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What a week