Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, what was the verdict on the....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
OK, what was the verdict on the....

new 19"MB multipiece wheels for the 211? I never did hear the end of the discussion, but I see a couple of you have them on your new 55's. Did they work without diffculty, and what size tires? thanks....
Old 07-19-2003, 05:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
kanemans response "I FINALLY picked up the car today! Pictures will be forthcoming tomorrow, today I was too busy driving it. First of all, the $10,000 question... the wheels fit just fine. BUT there's a few caveats. First of all, as you'll see once I post pics, they may be a bit too large for some tastes... they REALLY fill up the wheel wells. As Stephens predicted in another thread there's enough clearance for normal use but lowering the car would put one in jeopardy of tire rub. I'm not sure about track use. The rear wheels also come a bit beyond the rear wheelwell. It's only noticable from certain angles and I don't think it looks that bad but some might object to it. That said, the 2 piece AMG wheels are what should've come on this car from the start. The 18" style IV look anemic in comparison to me."