Sponsored by:

new E55 in Atlanta ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M5
new E55 in Atlanta ?

I was following an E55 the other day that was driving EXTREMELY aggressively on the streets. I quite enjoyed seeing it - it looked very nice!

If you are on this board, I was the guy chasing you in the blue M5. If you're an enthusiast, I would certainly like to meet up and compare cars sometime.

That goes for everyone in the Atlanta (with the new supercharged V8 )!
Old 07-19-2003, 08:10 PM

If it was black E55 with tinted windows on 75/85 or 400 it may have been me. I work in Midtown but play mostly on the southside. Have had my new E55 for a couple of months and just can't help working that supercharger out.

We have quite a few AMG owners in Atlanta. Would be happy to invite you to our next get together.

Schiz
Old 07-19-2003, 08:36 PM

M5
No, it was either white or silver and in the spaghetti junction area. DeKalb tag.

Do many of the new SC-V8 cars show up to meets (E55, S55, SL55)? I have compared my previous car against the previous E55 and CLK55, and am more interested in seeing how the new MB performs. I like it quite a bit!

Any upcoming events / drives?

ps. While I have a chance to talk to local MB owners, let me say that I had an unpleasant experience with the MB dealer on Roswell road, RBM. I found them to be discourteous and impolite. Has anyone else had similar experiences with RBM?

I later went to the one in Decatur and they were great!

Last edited by physans; 07-19-2003 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:40 AM

I had a very similar experience at RBM and would never go back.

I have been using Carriage House Imports and am very happy with them. Always MSRP on AMG cars as long as you order them....

I will get you so info on our next get-together. We had a Dyno day yesterday so it will probably be a couple of weeks.

We are currently working to put together a track day at Road Atlanta.

I know a couple of people with the new SL55's and one other person with a CL55 and one with an S55. Watch out for the new S55. It may be heavy but it is very fast. Only a tick or two slower than an E55 or SL55. I have had quite a bit of fun sliding one around on a track.

I have owned both the old E55 and a CLK55 and the new E55 in my opinion is miles ahead in technology and performance. I still think they have a bit to go on weight, steering and raw feel but it is an incredidible car.

What year is your M5? Thinking about the new one or defecting?

Schiz
Old 07-20-2003, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
..........I am glad someone else is saying something about RBM. I just cannot believe that MBUSA allows them to continue to operate. Lets just say that it will be very difficult to find a more discourteous dealership anywhere in the world. Does MBUSA not know?

..............Talking about E55's I know that there is a lady in Gwinnett county that has a silver E55. I have seen it several times. I wonder if that is who you saw.

Ted
Old 07-20-2003, 01:27 PM

I have made multiple complaints to MBUSA. I think the best policy is to not buy from them. Sooner or later they will get the message. I am now on my third AMG with two more on order..... Too bad for them....

Since we are bashing RBM, my last trip in was about a year ago. I was on my way back from the lake and walked in with shorts a hat and T shirt. Two salespeople looked me up and down and walked right buy. I walked out when the receptionist told me it would be 15 minutes or so and told me the C class cars were on the side.

It just cracks me up!