Need "Oil change procedure"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Need "Oil change procedure"

Hey guys, Just need a favor. My WIS and STAR aren't starting on VM right now, and I need the procedure on changing oil. I am going to change it in my autos class on Tuesday hopefully, but my shop teacher wants a printed out service manual on how to do it, because he isn't familiar with AMG. If you could psot it here, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance
Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
no clue on where to get the printed procedure, but heres how you do it:

- loosen oil cap/ oil filter housing
- drop the middle and rear underpan (there are (8) eight 8mm screws)
- look for 13mm drain plug at the back of the oil pan (faces rear) and remove to drain oil
- right above the front sway bar will be another 13mm drain bolt identical to the one in the back of the oil pan (faces drivers side). Remove and drain sump.
- put the two drain bolts back on using new copper crush washers (m14 size) and torque to 30Nm when finished draining.
- Remove oil filter housing. Replace cartridge filter with OEM or Mann filter only. Replace all o-rings, there will be (4) four total. tighten oil filter housing to 25Nm.
- add 8 quarts of Mobil 1 0w-40 oil and check level. Top off as needed, run the engine for a minute, and check again after.

very similar to a non AMG W211 with exception of sump drain bolt that holds one quart of oil.
Heres the non AMG DIY: http://www.mymbonline.com/forum/188-...il-change.html

Last edited by desired_speeds; 08-27-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,487 Likes on 985 Posts
This place is a joke.
Just a note; very first thing to do you want to loosen the oil filter and lift it slightly to allow the used oil to drain into the bottom of the engine pan. And make sure you use a factory filter and replace all the o-rings on the filter housing to avoid a big mess later on.