W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is something wrong with these cars or do I have bad luck here?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
GT-ER; thanks for the feedback, glad the indy alignment dude isn't on crack. i'm off to the shop in 2 hours with some new tires. fuggers are getting EXPENSIVE.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
I'll update my latest issues with this. I had the drivers rear tire blow out and cause some damage to the plastic wheel well but everything else was fine. Inside edge worn out there. Seemed perfectly fine when I looked it over shortly before the blow out.

Then I found the drivers front splitting along the inside edge. I parked it till I got new Michelin PSS's. Got those put on and the car developed a descent pull to the right. WTF? I take it to the dealer and teh tech says the rear is dead nuts on, and the front was all in spec except the camber was of .02 degrees on one wheel. Not enough to cause a wear issue according to them. They wanted to add 3 sets of adjustment bolts to change stuff around due to the pull to the right. Was quoted around $500 for all of it. I didn't like that and decided to have em adjust the toe slightly as he said that could use a very small adjustment even though it was in spec.

I'm not driving the car much as its in the shop for body work and winter is knocking on the door so it's going in the garage till all the salt is washed away in spring. I'll add the adjustment bolts myself by spring and take it to a specialty alignment shop that I hear great things about. The dealer seemed to have me on the regular laser alignment setup not some fancy setup that I've read on here is supposed to be done on airmatic cars. I think its called a rombus or something? I wasn't happy with the dealer service in general and didn't want to deal with them anymore so I just had em do toe since it was in the air.

The service adviser came up to me and told me the alignment was way out of whack at first as the computers telling him my steering wheel had to be cranked way left to go straight. I told him that was absolutely not the case at all. After they messed with it now my wheel is slightly to the left. I just wanted out of there as I didn't like what the tech or service adviser had to tell me. I'll take it someplace else. Something wasn't right about these guys.