Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any supercharger whine or whistle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any supercharger whine or whistle?

At lower rpm's, such as in city driving, has anyone experienced supercharger whine or whistle. Your feedback would be appreciated.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:24 AM

You will sometimes hear the SC during mild acceleration at lower speeds. Sometimes the car will not downshift to a lower gear you just hear the SC a bit and move on. This is in the 25 to 35 MPH range. Don't know from the outside of the car. at this speed. I do know that when the car is coming at you at high speeds you can hear the SC and it sounds good..........

Just my experience....
Old 07-23-2003, 01:35 PM

'14 E63S Brabus 850/2008 M5 Dinan S3(sold)
I seem to notice more of a whine---not a whistle when I first turn on the car and at lower rpms. I have never previously owned a supercharged car---so this was definitely a different sound. To be honest, the first time I was listening to the car at idle---it reminded me of the power steering unit on an 1986 Thunderbird I owned many years ago---when it was low on power steering fluid. I am thinking that after some exhaust work down the road--it will be less noticeable. But honestly, after driving the car for awhile, which as been a blast--I am getting used to the sound.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the sound. Not really noticeable inside the car, sometimes a cool-sounding whine on start.