Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple of questions...

Now that I've been driving (and very much enjoying) the car for a while, perhaps someone out there can help with a few simple questions.
1. Why would you NOT leave the charcoal filter on all the time? Does it restrict flow or require more frequent servicing?

2. Whever I turn on the cruise control, an arc of lighted segments appears from the set speed up to 100. I do not have distronic. I can;t figure out what purpose this serves.. nor can I find anything about it in the manual. (see picture below).

I'll post some pictures soon, just haven't had a chance to go out and take some good pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Couple of questions...-speedo.jpg  
Old 07-23-2003, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Sorry I don't know about the microfilter.. but since it's a "warranty" item.. I'd use it all the time.. esp in the "fresh" Houston air.

For the segments? Hmmm... on my E500 it goes from my SET SPEED on Cruise.. ALL THE WAY to the end of the speedo. I can't imagine why it stops on an E55 at 100. Maybe yours has an issue.. unless ALL E55's do the same thing. I also DO NOT have Distronic.

Peter
Old 07-24-2003, 09:37 AM

Mine does not stop at 100. I however do not know why that feature is there in the first place.....

Schiz
Old 07-24-2003, 10:13 AM
ZHH

2001 BMW M3
I know that in my older Audi, there was a setting for a "speed limit" and when you hit that limit it would make a dinging sound and show you a visual alert, maybe there is a setting similar to this on the E55, and yours is set at 100mph. That could be the reason the lines are stopping at 100mph.