Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic seats not working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 AMG E55
Does anyone know where to find the dynamic seat pump on a 2001 E55?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 AM

2003 E55 AMG
hi guys,

i just bought my first AMG equipped with the dynamic seats.

here's the thing:

except the regular seats adjustment, none of the options of the dynamic seats are working, means no air/pulse/massage/heating/cooling/vent.

when i press the pulse button i have the red light on, when i press the dynamic button same- i got the red light on.

when i press the heating/fan buttons on dashboard (for both driver and passenger seats) nothing happen and no light what so ever.

my logic say no way all chair functions are totally dead in both sides so im asking for direction to check it- what could be the problem causing it?

in addition, can you please guide me to where i can find those spare parts needed? (im new to Mercedes so really no idea....if can provide link for specific parts needed it would be much appreciated!!).

many thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by edan82
hi guys,

i just bought my first AMG equipped with the dynamic seats.

here's the thing:

except the regular seats adjustment, none of the options of the dynamic seats are working, means no air/pulse/massage/heating/cooling/vent.

when i press the pulse button i have the red light on, when i press the dynamic button same- i got the red light on.

when i press the heating/fan buttons on dashboard (for both driver and passenger seats) nothing happen and no light what so ever.

my logic say no way all chair functions are totally dead in both sides so im asking for direction to check it- what could be the problem causing it?

in addition, can you please guide me to where i can find those spare parts needed? (im new to Mercedes so really no idea....if can provide link for specific parts needed it would be much appreciated!!).

many thanks!
I don't know why and if your fuse blew, but I would check them.

My pump is dead and randomly works, but my heating and cooling had nothing to do with it.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM

2003 E55 AMG
thank you for you prompt reply.

i assumed the "vent" is different system than the "air based" one.

however, is there any main board who control all the functions of those complicated seats? (maybe if there's such a main board that could be a reason why all functions are dead).

other thing came to my mind- is there any fuse which disconnect those options under low battery?

asking as when i received the car it didnt start for once, i tought it was a dead battery but my mechanic say battery is fine, but maybe worth a recheck.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM

2006 E55 AMG
thank you for you prompt reply.

i assumed the "vent" is different system than the "air based" one.

however, is there any main board who control all the functions of those complicated seats? (maybe if there's such a main board that could be a reason why all functions are dead).

other thing came to my mind- is there any fuse which disconnect those options under low battery?

asking as when i received the car it didnt start for once, i tought it was a dead battery but my mechanic say battery is fine, but maybe worth a recheck.
Is the cooling button and heating button blinking when you press them? If so it means low voltage, but it would usually tell you that on your screen inside of the speedometer.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM

2003 E55 AMG
no, no blinks or other indication what so ever.

is there a way to disable any of those function in the configuration manu?

any main fuse which control the vents options?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM

2006 E55 AMG
no, no blinks or other indication what so ever.

is there a way to disable any of those function in the configuration manu?

any main fuse which control the vents options?
I don't think there's a way to disable it just from the menu. I'm not sure exactly where the fuse(s) would be, but I'm assuming it's on the box to the left of the steering wheel (assuming you're in the US and are LHD), it should tell you on the paper inside which one it is if it's there.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 AM

2003 E55 AMG
update,

after discussing with my mechanic again its for sure the VAC PUMP that failed to work.

the ventilation problem is due to some electrical board thats not working.

as my car was imported from UK and the cars sold here in HK were without those dynamic seats we dont have the needed parts in HK.

we ordered the parts and hopefully in a week or so i will try those awesome sears with full options.

cheers.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 CLS63S AMG, 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate, 2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
My pump is bad too. What's the part number and where did you order? How much?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
hey guys, just wanted to make sure folks know you need star to recode the new pump!

Just replacing the bad pump with a new one doesn't work. You need to activate it with star diag!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14
hey guys, just wanted to make sure folks know you need star to recode the new pump!

Just replacing the bad pump with a new one doesn't work. You need to activate it with star diag!
how is that done??? i replaced mine and i dont know if the tech activated it or not why wouldnt it work its just plug and play
Old 02-23-2013, 06:28 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by berti_00
how is that done??? i replaced mine and i dont know if the tech activated it or not why wouldnt it work its just plug and play
There is an option in star to active/replace the pump

I just diy replaced the pump and it didn't work. I then hooked up star to check things and ran that option. Bang, it started working again...