W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My E63 AMG has made me a degenerate....more than usual.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 C63C
Originally Posted by wawrecker
Is the joy of an E63 seeing if you can hit 100mph or 110mph before the on ramp meets the freeway or the clenching feeling you get when it gets loose at a 100mph on a wet Seattle freeway or maybe its laying down 4 gears of rubber in a 25mph zone and not exceeding the speed limit? All of the above and more! I love this car!!!
I can't get 4 gears but I do occasionally get 3. Winter/Fall is an amazing time of year for our engines. Thanks to the OP for this thread, hits on many things I look forward to on a daily basis. Much anticipation every morning, hoping the engine cooled off enough during the night to bark at me when I hit the button.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
nice post.....enjoyed reading it
Old 11-23-2012, 09:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
14 S8, 07 E63 Designo, on order 14 G63
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
So, I have been driving my E63 AMG more than usual lately, and am fairly certain that it is making me into more of a traffic deviant than usual, and generally made me a social degenerate.

Why, you ask? Because every time I start the car, even after all these years, I just want to mash the tires at every light and smoke the tires away from every light in a cackling cloud of Bridgestones.

Driving down the street I have suddenly become 'Johnny Assbag', and look at other cars and think to myself, 'Damn...it must suck to not have an AMG,' and then smile and grab the aluminum shift paddle and click down twice before flooring the gas and listening to the 6.2 liter engine roar and propel me forward with an almost jet engine like force. Then as I whooosh past the slower traffic I spot a cloverleaf series of ramps and clamp onto the huge 6-piston brakes and feel the front of my brain press against my skull before whipping up the ramps with glee.

Watching the fuel gauge fall like a sky diver from 10,000 feet, I wonder why I did not buy one of these earlier. As my first AMG car, I am now spoiled. Whenever I try to get into a car without Keyless Go I am confused and upset that I have to actually get the key out of my pocket to get in or start it. I wonder how people live without the 3 position Air Matic suspension and torque of one of the finest hand build engines ever to exist. I almost refuse to ride in car without the fine would trim, suede headliner and pillars, and heated and cooled seats. Then, most damaging of all, it has me wanting more AMG!! So much so that I am now in the market for a CLK63 AMG Black Series to match. I am a sick, sick, man....and I don't want to get better if AMG is the only illness I have. This is a kind of crazy I can deal with....and embrace. What a fantastic and amazing car. I have no desire to ever sell it, and will probably drive it until it has 1,000,000 miles or more.
I feel the same way every day
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
I have been away from the E63 for almost a week now, and I am notably grumpier than normal. These cars impact your daily mood.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
So, I have been driving my E63 AMG more than usual lately, and am fairly certain that it is making me into more of a traffic deviant than usual, and generally made me a social degenerate.

Why, you ask? Because every time I start the car, even after all these years, I just want to mash the gas pedal at every light and smoke the tires as I blast off cackling loudly and leaving in a cloud of vaporized Bridgestones.

Driving down the street I have suddenly become 'Johnny Assbag', and look at other cars and think to myself, 'Damn...it must suck to not have an AMG,' and then smile and grab the aluminum shift paddle and click down twice before flooring the gas and listening to the 6.2 liter engine roar and propel me forward with an almost jet engine like force. Then as I whooosh past the slower traffic I spot a cloverleaf series of ramps and clamp onto the huge 6-piston brakes and feel the front of my brain press against my skull before whipping up the ramps with glee.

Watching the fuel gauge fall like a sky diver from 10,000 feet, I wonder why I did not buy one of these earlier. As my first AMG car, I am now spoiled. Whenever I try to get into a car without Keyless Go I am confused and upset that I have to actually get the key out of my pocket to get in or start it. I wonder how people live without the 3 position Air Matic suspension and torque of one of the finest hand build engines ever to exist. I almost refuse to ride in car without the fine dark wood trim, suede headliner and pillars, and heated and cooled seats. Then, most damaging of all, it has me wanting more AMG!! So much so that I am now in the market for a CLK63 AMG Black Series to match. I am a sick, sick, man....and I don't want to get better if AMG is the only illness I have. This is a kind of crazy I can deal with....and embrace. What a fantastic and amazing car. I have no desire to ever sell it, and will probably drive it until it has 1,000,000 miles or more.
Hell yeah smash that ish
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
So I picked it up Monday after a week away getting detail work done, and as soon as I opened the door and slid into the seat I felt my right foot twitch. Then with that solid click of the closing door, and a push of the start button I started to smile. The bark of the exhaust on start up made me laugh out loud demonically, and in no time at all I clicked the transmission button into manual mode, grabbed a hold of the shining silver shift paddles and proceeded out onto the road to accelerate my rapid depletion of our natural resources to a positively maniacal level. It is safe to say that carbon build up will never be welcome in my car as long as my lead foot and the temptation of this wonderful 6.2 liter motor have anything to say about it.