W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinion on 70k 2006 e55 white pano car quickly! please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
If you guys are in MA you should take a look at my car!

I just put brand new pilot super sports on the fronts and the rears still have about 65-70% left and the car is getting a few things fixed under warranty this week.

New supercharger clutch
new power steering pump and res
new engine mounts
new crank position sensor
changing the valve covers and rear main seal

Im basically raping my warranty company before its over and we are up to 3k in parts so far.Id let my car go with all my mods and goods(drag packege and spare parts...tbs intakes etc)for 26k and you wont find an e55 in NEW ENGLAND that is faster or better maintained.

My car has new plugs,oem wires,just did the tranny filter and oil flush and bascially cant think of anything that is wrong with my car...other than not having any traction lol

let me know if anyone in the boston area is interested as Im about to store the car for the winter.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55
Originally Posted by skratch77

I just put brand new pilot super sports on the fronts and the rears still have about 65-70% left and the car is getting a few things fixed under warranty this week.

New supercharger clutch
new engine mounts

Im basically raping my warranty company before its over and we are up to 3k in parts so far.Id let my car go with all my mods and goods(drag packege and spare parts...tbs intakes etc)for 26k and you wont find an e55 in NEW ENGLAND that is faster or better maintained.

My car has new plugs,oem wires,just did the tranny filter and oil flush and bascially cant think of anything that is wrong with my car...other than not having any traction lol

let me know if anyone in the boston area is interested as Im about to store the car for the winter.
what color.. I am also in the market. I was looking at that same car but i am in Ca.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by groove66
what color.. I am also in the market. I was looking at that same car but i am in Ca.
black on black

Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by kompressede
Hey OP we have the same interest in cars. When I decided that I wanted an E55, I did my share of shopping. It seems you found this white one (which is an awesom color on this car) and as you said run the hose on the car to see if it leaks.
Check the VMI to see if the fuel leak issue has been taken care of under warrenty, and if it hasn't been done it can still be done under warrenty at a MB dealer (maybe not 100% paid for) even though the car is out of warrenty. Basically when you get a full tank of gas you'll be able to smell gas inside the car. Under the back seat of the car you'll find the fuel tank and a sending unit which the seal/and plastic clip is replaced under warrenty. I'm sure someone may chime in with a better discription but that's it in a nut shell.
BTW I picked up a White 350 with a sport package for my wife, and I'm going to look at a 69' Camaro within the next few nights, and/or make a guy an offer on a 67' that I saw recently, and I just sold a 70' SS, BB 4speed Chevelle.

Good Luck -
All the cars have this issue with the gas tank?

Where is the 69 located? I should know the car, I know almost every 69 camaro with in 200 miles that's for sale.

Where are you located in NY...PM me anytime.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New supercharger clutch
new engine mounts

Really set on white but love speed! How many miles does it have and what options? Do you have the original wheels? Pm me your phone number and I will consider it. thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by 60nomad
Really set on white but love speed! How many miles does it have and what options? Do you have the original wheels? Pm me your phone number and I will consider it. thanks
I dont have the stock wheels but the car is sitting on forgestar f14s with brand new tires up front(less than 100 miles)and the car has 78k on it.

options are
nav
keyless go
bi xenons(phillips 6k)
trunk closer
heated/cooled seats
6k leds inside and out

I have all the paper work on everything that has been maintained on this car also.It has about 3k miles left on the warranty and that is why Im changing everything out.The car doesnt 100% need these things changed but will soon so my friend that owns a speed shop called in the warranty to get it all done before its expired.

Last edited by skratch77; 11-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
05' E55 - 22' Jailbreak Hellcat OTW

New supercharger clutch
new engine mounts

This the kind of 55 I would be looking for. Nice and fresh, ready to roll with a few go fast parts included.

Its good to buy highly specialized cars like these from forum members that are in the know on how to own and care for them.

Best of Luck!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 60nomad
What is with this gas tank issues I am hearing?
If you fill your tank beyond 3/4 full it will leak out and puddle under the rear seat.

Search these forums for "NHTSA"....there are at least 3 large threads discussing the issue, theories, and costs.

At present, there is NO known permanent fix for this problem.

-G
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by APBTdogman
This the kind of 55 I would be looking for. Nice and fresh, ready to roll with a few go fast parts included.

Its good to buy highly specialized cars like these from forum members that are in the know on how to own and care for them.

Best of Luck!
Thanks bro!!! to be honest I dont really want to sell it but Iv had it for over 4 years now and really want to get into a c63 lol.

About the cars with the fuel leaks,its weird as some have the issues and even after fixing them at the dealer they still seem to have some type of a leak or smell.

Iv had my car since 29000 miles and over 4 years and have never had a fuel smell issue and I fill the tank up every time I get gas.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Porsche 928 S4
Skratch, you have pics of your car? I may also be interested.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by art_z
Skratch, you have pics of your car? I may also be interested.
Ill get some pics up soon,the car is in the shop getting a few things done under the remaining warranty I have left.

Just a heads up on buying an e55 from a used car lot,you need to bring a scan tool and check its ait temps as most e55s have dead pumps,check the rear main seal above the tranny as they all leak oil everywhere(huge labor job to get that fixed)and check the supercharger bearings as they tend to get gunked up and cause really harsh sc engagement.

My car has been cared for and there is nothing that needs to be adressed and a good way to know if the e55 is been taken care of is to just check what tires are on the car.If it has some cheap 100 dollar tires on it I would pass.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 AM

1987 Porsche 928 S4
So OP, did you end up buying the white E55?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by art_z
So OP, did you end up buying the white E55?
Who is OP? I started a new thread about the one I was buying, if that is the one you mean...read it...OP!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 PM

1987 Porsche 928 S4
Op= original poster. I.e. you . I thought you bought it, but will double check the thread.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...