THE E55 WHITE PANO IN MASS. IS JUNK...BEWARE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
THE E55 WHITE PANO IN MASS. IS JUNK...BEWARE

Prime hyundai south in Quincy Mass. has the white pano car that I had the deposit on and drove 220 miles to see nothing but what you may expect from a dirtbag dealer...2 sales people went and looked over the car for me closely for 20-30 minutes each and neither one saw what I saw. The car is 2 tone because a blind guy must have painted the bumpers, there are 4 minor dents in the front where the fenders meet the bumpers on both sides, the fenders do not meet up to the bumpers well at all! The car was painted on the door, both quarters and windsheild posts, (probably even more but I stopped looking), the carfax is clean but paintwork everywhere and not done the greatest anywhere! The rear rotors are shot, the valve cover gasket needs to be done on drivers side, the dynamic seats do not work and the car pulls a little to the right! Now I did expect a perfect car but keep in mind that I asked both guys about the bumpers matching in paint color, asked them to see what DOES NOT work, asked them to paint meter the car to see what was painted, asked if it pulled...oh...I also asked if anyone was driving the car and they said no! The car has 70,080 miles when I saw the odometer last and it now has 71800 miles!!! They are crooks! I was skeptical when viewing their feedback from buyers on cars.com and boy were they ALL right! I am warning anyone who is thinking of buying that car sight unseen!

I am now in the market for either a white 2005-06 only e55 or white e63 2007-2009 with pano, anyone has one, I am interested.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Porsche 928 S4
figures, thanks for the update!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Sorry to hear about this.. At least you noticed all this stuff before you purchased it..
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would never buy a car without seeing it and I waited so long to go and look because I had a bad feeling and knew it would be junk! I do this all day long for work so I kinda have it figured out by now and can read people pretty good on the phone. I was a little wrong this time but had a hunch! Oh well, no more dealers for me unless they are with in 50 miles.

Last edited by 60nomad; 11-27-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Probably has a leaky roof like the pictures show as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BBBSS
Probably has a leaky roof like the pictures show as well.
I remember that whole leaky roof thing and honestly...I ignored it. It must have been a shadow or something else (maybe the idiots washed it and the window was down and it was water but I doubt it) because if you live anywhere near the northeast then you would know that it was raining most of the day and actually poured pretty good when I was there and the car was as dry as any car. Overall, it was a POS just like that dealer!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Good looking out! It is sad they made you drive 220 miles and tried to snowball you! Stupid dirtball Kia saleman!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
I also saw the mismatched color on the bumper, etc, but in some pics it didn't look that off so i thought it was the lighting. At least you took the time to check it out and didn't buy a headache. It's a shame that car had so many issues. The right one will come along, just be patient. Good luck.

Aaron
Old 11-28-2012, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
usually a beat area will have a beat car
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 AM

2006 E55
Good eye and thanks for the heads up. It still amazes me that for the few people who don't fall for that kind of crap there are hundreds more that will not even give the car a second look and just open their wallets. I'm originally from MA. If I saw your other thread I would have had it inspected for you.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 3BNick
Good eye and thanks for the heads up. It still amazes me that for the few people who don't fall for that kind of crap there are hundreds more that will not even give the car a second look and just open their wallets. I'm originally from MA. If I saw your other thread I would have had it inspected for you.
I really appreciate that Nick! Do you know that there was a members friend on here that actually saw the car while driving home from work and they told him it was sold (I had the deposit on it) He mentioned this on this site and I asked him if he could have his friend describe it to me or have him check it out quickly for me and he shrugged me off saying that he was too busy and that he actually wanted a white one and that he would have wanted to buy it etc. I mean...he was driving home from work!!! I wish he would buy it! lol

Anyway, I am in long island and I would check a car out for anyone that needed it done within a managable distance. The other guy was driving home from work!? I can only laugh! Again, I appreciate the offer Nick.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
14 S8, 07 E63 Designo, on order 14 G63
Originally Posted by 60nomad
I really appreciate that Nick! Do you know that there was a members friend on here that actually saw the car while driving home from work and they told him it was sold (I had the deposit on it) He mentioned this on this site and I asked him if he could have his friend describe it to me or have him check it out quickly for me and he shrugged me off saying that he was too busy and that he actually wanted a white one and that he would have wanted to buy it etc. I mean...he was driving home from work!!! I wish he would buy it! lol

Anyway, I am in long island and I would check a car out for anyone that needed it done within a managable distance. The other guy was driving home from work!? I can only laugh! Again, I appreciate the offer Nick.
I am not sure if you are interested in e63 but there is a white 2008 E63 with 46K miles for sale in CARMAX near my area. See the link below.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...5-ca9c2d47ba4c
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM

2006 E55
Out of curiosity, what is the VIN on that car? Perhaps it would be wise to keep a registry here on MBworld of the cars that are known problematic or cases of buyer beware. Chances are, since the Prime dealer group is fairly large, the car could be sold/traded to other losts where someone else may get suckered into it.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Out of curiosity, what is the VIN on that car? Perhaps it would be wise to keep a registry here on MBworld of the cars that are known problematic or cases of buyer beware. Chances are, since the Prime dealer group is fairly large, the car could be sold/traded to other losts where someone else may get suckered into it.
That should've happened when the cars were being made. Not 10 years later.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM

2006 E55
I am speaking just of cars in the used market. I have a shop that reconditions auction and trade in cars. You would be really surprised what you see roll through auctions that have been cut and pasted together and still have clear titles and no accident records.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Man, sorry to hear that car didn't work out for you. The bad is the distance you traveled, the good is you will definitely find something else.
Keep an eye out in the classifieds on this site, you'll see a few guys that can find cars for you too.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
I sent you my number and you never called! Are you not interested in checking a true clean e55? I just put brand new pilot super sport tires on it and the car is ready to go.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:12 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 60nomad

No offense, but you can;t really fault someone because they don't want to give up their personal time to check out a car for a total stranger. I have done this in the past for members of other forums. I will never do it again after the last time. After looking at what I determined was a mint M5, the member flew in to buy it. It happened to be raining that day and he found a leak in the trunk which would likely fry the electronic modules. This somehow became my fault, even though it wasn't raining the day I did him a favor. Like I should have taken a couple bottles of water and leak tested the whole car.

It could have been the member wasn't "busy", but didn't want to be seem like an *** for not being comfortable doing this.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
I am speaking just of cars in the used market. I have a shop that reconditions auction and trade in cars. You would be really surprised what you see roll through auctions that have been cut and pasted together and still have clear titles and no accident records.
Believe me, I know exactly what you're talking about. Know a few dealers and been to auctions. Problem is, everyday something somewhere is breaking or getting ruined on one of these cars. I mean you can try and do the notoriously problematic cars, but it's gonna be a mission
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM

2006 E55
You're right. That would be a huge undertaking. I would say the OP should post the VIN in this thread. When I checked out my car I googled the vin to see what came back in web/images and if I saw a message board posting like 60nomad's, I would have strongly reconsidered or had more ammo for negotiations.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
05' E55 - 22' Jailbreak Hellcat OTW
Originally Posted by skratch77
I sent you my number and you never called! Are you not interested in checking a true clean e55? I just put brand new pilot super sport tires on it and the car is ready to go.

^^^The car to buy.

Buying a 55 from a non 55 guy is playing with fire. These cars are fragile and self destructive if not treated professionally and tough as nails if the owner is an expert.

It's only a few times a year that mint ones pop up so you gotta grab them when they do.

After riding in mine multiple freinds and fam members are wanting a 55 so when one of them coughs up the dough I'll be sending them your way Skratch.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The vin# for the white car is on cars.com 2006 with 70k miles prime hyundai south...I would get the vin and post it later for you all but I am rushing out the door...I will post it later on.

About going to see the car for someone...I had obvious paintwork everywhere...long story short, everything was visible in minutes. I wouldn't expect anyone to do a full inspection and no one should expect that from a stranger...no bggie.

I appreciate all the feedback and help. I am lookng at a couple of e63's between today and Sat. morning. Looked at two yesterday, one was a perf. package and I will say that it is faster but I think that it had something done like a tune or something. Car was junk though! keyed on almost every panel and attempted to be fixed. Looking at a white one with every option except perf. package with 78k from a guy who knows these cars well, one owner, and I believe that it is pretty nice (lol...we will see) but very cheap as he needs to sell it...we are at $29k. I will keep u all posted. Thanks again

Last edited by 60nomad; 11-29-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by APBTdogman
^^^The car to buy.

Buying a 55 from a non 55 guy is playing with fire. These cars are fragile and self destructive if not treated professionally and tough as nails if the owner is an expert.

It's only a few times a year that mint ones pop up so you gotta grab them when they do.

After riding in mine multiple freinds and fam members are wanting a 55 so when one of them coughs up the dough I'll be sending them your way Skratch.
App it bro!!!

I don't know why the op passed on my car,Iv had it for over 4 years and loved it like it was my own child.I have lept up with everything with it and Im **** about every little thing.The car has every major issues that can go wrong with these cars already delt with.

new engine mounts,tranny mount,real main seal done and brand new oem plugs and spark plugs ready for the next buyer.

Just for good faith Im also changing the crank position sensor because I know they go bad and honeslty I cant think of anything else I can get done under the remaining warranty the car has left.

Not to mention my car is a full blown kleemann K4+ car that is making so much power the op would crash it the first time it came on boost lol.

I have over 12k in mods alone in my car lol.

Im storing the car next week and the only reason I didn't store it because he might of been interested in at least checking out my beast.I could care less if the car gets sold or not but I wanted to give it to a fellow forum member that would app the work I put into it.

PS I just trapped 130MPH in it,good luck trying to get an e63 to do that
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Listen up SCREECH: Maybe you can type but you can't read...I-AM-LOOKING-FOR-A- W-H-I-T-E -CAR...P-A-N-O R-O-O-F. Get it? I also do not want a car modded as much as yours. Sorry SCREECH...everyone doesn't want your car and NOT everyone likes your car...sorry to break the news to you!

P.S. ...and yes, because of how lightning fast your car is, the first time I would have drove it I would have crashed it, RIGHT THORUGH YOUR TRAILER HOME'S WINDOW...because... of course you, SCREECH, are the only one that knows how to drive it! You're the man! After that statement, you then proceed to knock someone for wanting a 63 instead of a 55? You must be a bored guy! I like them both and whatever comes my way...I will buy...if that's ok with you of course!?

P.S.S. You also mentioned storing it...where on earth do you store a car in a trailer park?

Last edited by 60nomad; 11-29-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vin # of the junk in mass. 2006 white e55 pano loaded 70k mi it shows on the ad but now has almost 72k mi so you know that the 'DEMO' driver is probably killing it everyday! Remember, this is a HYUNDAI dealership! WDBUF76JX6A879114 ....incredibly the carfax is clean and I believe that it did have service history that was decent but not on carfax. I did service history through the dealer so it would fool anyone as to the condition (with their description) if you didn't go to see it in person!

Last edited by 60nomad; 11-29-2012 at 11:45 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: THE E55 WHITE PANO IN MASS. IS JUNK...BEWARE