Sponsored by:

Our Connecticut brothers okay? School shooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
One of the guys I go snowmobiling with has kids that go to that school, they are safe. I had a hard time watching the news, just SICK. All I can say is pray for those poor innocent people.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Unhappy Tragedy in CT

My heart goes out to all the families of the lost children. As you know, I lost my daughter, so I deeply feel for the parents. I started crying when I first heard this today. It brings back so many feelings. Good luck to all the families involved.

My your children visit you in your sleep!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
I saw the news right before I went to bed last night (Afghanistan time). At that time there was reports of 1 injured and gunman dead. Woke up this morning to news of the murdered children. My heart sank in my chest, as I immediately thought of my 2 girls who are in the same age range as the victims. I wanted so badly to hug them, and know they were safe.

I am sorry for your loss. I could never assume to know the pain that the loss of a child causes. Stay strong!

My thoughts and prayers are with those families and members of the affected community. May the shooter rot in hell for eternity!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by urbamworm
What the hell goes through some peoples minds is just insane. How does one come to this idea to do something like this?

The best thing to cross the shooters mind, was the bullet! I find solice, only in the fact that he will burn in hell for eternity!

This scenario has been at the back of my mind lately, as my youngest daughters (4yrs old) school distric has had 9 bomb threats in the past 1.5 weeks. It is scary that I am so far away from my children (Afghanistan), yet if I were home, there would likely be nothing I could do in an event like this. It leaves me with a feeling of helplessness, of which I have never felt before.

I survived the Ft. Hood shooting, with hopes that my loved ones would never be subjected to violence of that nature. It saddens me, that I will have to have a conversation with my children, how to react in case violence like this erupts around them.

Thoughts and prayers to all of those who are affected by this tragedy.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
My heart goes out to the parents of the children. I lost my daughter and know exactly how it feels. They have a hard time ahead of them. My prayers are with the families.

My their children visit them in there sleep.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
True but, if they were armed too at least fight back I bet a lot less lives would have been lost
The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to bear arms, however, do we not also have the right not to bear arms and be safe? The preamble to our Constitution states: . . . establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare . . .
These horrific events are a sociological phenomena with no absolute definitive cause. Ask 10 sociologists and you will, most likely, get 10 different opinions.

While I support the current gun control laws, and believe the ban on the sale of assault weapons should be reinstated (watch for the explosion of gun sales over the next several weeks), realistically, no President nor Congress is planning, nor has the ability, to impinge one's right to own firearms. But the President has the obligation under the constitution to provide for the common defense, and promote the general welfare and that applies, absolutely, to our country's most innocent, our children. This can be accomplished by immediately proposing Congress allocate funds for armed, sworn police officers who have undergone appropriate training, to be placed at every school in the country. Don't even attempt to argue the costs of security unless you plan to place a cost on that of your own child. This is the world we now are faced with. So not to be a fatalist, we can dream and work to make the world a better, safer place, but we must deal with the realities of the present day.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
The problem with more strict gun laws is that for every problem it solves, it creates 5 more. You see, you may take SOME guns away from people who may become, at some point, active shooters going on a rampage. But you guarantee to take ALL guns away from people trying to defend themselves from these active shooters.

You, at the end of the day...I don't need guns to enter a school and kill people. My imagination is the limit and it's not particularly hard. We do, however, need armed people to defend us from these people.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by AgSilver
The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to bear arms, however, do we not also have the right not to bear arms and be safe? The preamble to our Constitution states: . . . establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare . . .
These horrific events are a sociological phenomena with no absolute definitive cause. Ask 10 sociologists and you will, most likely, get 10 different opinions.

While I support the current gun control laws, and believe the ban on the sale of assault weapons should be reinstated (watch for the explosion of gun sales over the next several weeks), realistically, no President nor Congress is planning, nor has the ability, to impinge one's right to own firearms. But the President has the obligation under the constitution to provide for the common defense, and promote the general welfare and that applies, absolutely, to our country's most innocent, our children. This can be accomplished by immediately proposing Congress allocate funds for armed, sworn police officers who have undergone appropriate training, to be placed at every school in the country. Don't even attempt to argue the costs of security unless you plan to place a cost on that of your own child. This is the world we now are faced with. So not to be a fatalist, we can dream and work to make the world a better, safer place, but we must deal with the realities of the present day.
Out of all the dumb, stupid, knee jerk reactions i have seen and heard to this horrific incident.
This is the most well thought out, well written, logical, and concise statement Ive come across.
Thank you for taking the time to write this. I was beginning to lose faith in people voicing their soapbox opinion on the internet.
I would like to use it in some rebuttals im having on the internet.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Great idea but this country is all about being reactive vs proactive. I'd rather see Leo's moonlight at schools for extra $$$ than at clubs or bars. It's sad to see so many innocent kids get mowed down. Its always about it cost too much for security for this that. That's what is fundamentally wrong w this country, until lives are lost. I'd rather have my tax $$ go towards security of schools than to Afghanistan or other countries that take the billions for their own personal welfare. And then want us out of theircountry

Last edited by novae500; 12-15-2012 at 01:00 PM.