W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fanatics get in here and help me solve an airmatic puzzle please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Fanatics get in here and help me solve an airmatic puzzle please!

In lowered mode sport 2 setting I'm ok in the front but my rear right side is sitting on the ground. Also, the car is constantly correcting in the rear, going up and down a couple millimeters. Parked in lowered mode sport 2 I'm on the ground as well.

However, in off road mode raised sport 2 setting, the car is fine. In fact, driving or parked, it stands nice and tall. I understand that the pump is constantly correcting when the car is on but even overnight when I leave it in off road mode the rear stays up and high, it does not sink to the ground.

I understand the pump is constantly correcting in the event of a leak. However, wouldn't the car eventually lower when turned off? My car has been parked overnight in off road setting and it's in the same position as I left it. It seems to only hit the ground when it's on and in lowered setting.

My question is, is there anything else that could be wrong other than a hole in the airbag?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
My guess would be that the rear height sensor has a bad spot and is sending false information. Its probably just a simple potentiometer. When you raise the car it moves out of the bad spot and works properly.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Just a quick update:

Car has been sitting in the garage for the past 48 hours in off road mode and it has not lowered a millimeter.

> I start car
> put in low mode s2
> rear end is on the floor

Any thoughts?