Sponsored by:

Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CL600
Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger

Well I bought this unit and tried to fit it today and I guess on the E55 you have to trim the back of the front bumprt cover so it can clear the mounting brackets for the H/E. In doing this you lose 2 10mm mounting bolts which wouldn't go back in any way due to the H/E thickness. I know the bigger H/E is the best way to recover temps and all but I'm not willing to trim my bumper cover so it is up for sale. I paid $300 shipped during the sale and would like to get that for it so $300 shipped. It has only been test fit and no fluids were put in it, still has cardboard protectors on it as well, brand new.

Let me know if you want it, I accept Paypal.

Regards
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM

2006 CL600
Pics added

As you can see, not a mark on it, was never used, just test fit.
Attached Thumbnails Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-imag0428.jpg   Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-imag0430.jpg   Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-imag0431.jpg   Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-imag0432.jpg   Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-imag0433.jpg  

Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
In detail, how is this installed? I may pick this up, need one here soon.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 PM

2006 CL600
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
In detail, how is this installed? I may pick this up, need one here soon.
Remove front bumper cover, remove OEM unit, trim backside of bumper, install new H/E, reinstall bumper cover. It's the trimming part I'm not down for. This is NOT a Eurocharged H/E problem, it's part of putting a larger H/E in and I am personally just not into trimming my bumper cover for more performance on a car that is already fast enough for me. It is a beautiful unit as with all Eurocharged items this is my personal issue and OCD manifesting itself lol.

Thanks for the interest guys!

Regards
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG Silver with Merlot Interior
If you want to make the H/E work and keep the bumper bolts in all you need to do is make a run to a shop that can weld 2 small aluminum tabs on the top. I bought this Eurocharged H/E from Shardul a few years back (thanks again!) and he or the previous owner had welded flat tabs on the top to mount it to the under side of the bumper (see pics). I just bent a slight "S" shape just to clear the heads of the 10mm bumper bolts you need to leave out.

As you can see by the picture the H/E tabs mount off the bottom of the large bumper bolt. So when I went to mount it I just loosely put the nuts on the hold the H/E in place. Then mounted up the front clip (less the 2 - 10mm bolts). Once the clip is in place (need to have the mesh out) reach up and unscrew one side of the big bumper bolt holding H/E. It will drop 4-5 inches and you can get the the 10mm bumper bolt in place! Lift up put the nut back on and repeat the other side - all bolts in place..and no sag.

And the H/E is flipped - you can see part of the original tab on the back.

Just to note - either hit that big bumper nut (on final assembly) with a impact or butteryfly or the bolt will spin with no way to get to the top of the bolt.
Attached Thumbnails Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-img_4120.jpg   Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-img_4100.jpg   Selling Eurocharged Heat Exchanger-p6100048.jpg  

Last edited by sokarempire; 01-18-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 AM

2006 CL600
Originally Posted by sokarempire
If you want to make the H/E work and keep the bumper bolts in all you need to do is make a run to a shop that can weld 2 small aluminum tabs on the top. I bought this Eurocharged H/E from Shardul a few years back (thanks again!) and he or the previous owner had welded flat tabs on the top to mount it to the under side of the bumper (see pics). I just bent a slight "S" shape just to clear the heads of the 10mm bumper bolts you need to leave out.

As you can see by the picture the H/E tabs mount off the bottom of the large bumper bolt. So when I went to mount it I just loosely put the nuts on the hold the H/E in place. Then mounted up the front clip (less the 2 - 10mm bolts). Once the clip is in place (need to have the mesh out) reach up and unscrew one side of the big bumper bolt holding H/E. It will drop 4-5 inches and you can get the the 10mm bumper bolt in place! Lift up put the nut back on and repeat the other side - all bolts in place..and no sag.

And the H/E is flipped - you can see part of the original tab on the back.

Just to note - either hit that big bumper nut (on final assembly) with a impact or butteryfly or the bolt will spin with no way to get to the top of the bolt.
Honestly that is a very nice clean solution and I'm now wondering why it isn't just designed that way. Seems easy to do and allows for much cleaner and professional install imo.

Thanks for the heads up, I may consider this.

Regards
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
let me know if you still want to sell.. take you time... i just spent alot on a few mods...but i feel like i might need this soon ...

Trending Topics

Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM

W211 E55
Will be interested if still available the beginning of next month.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
Why not just install it ? The little plastic u can cut off nice and clean And you will never see that part of the car again plus it's like the size of a dime. Just keep it EC heat exchanger is great
Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 PM

2006 CL600
Sold.

Thank you