W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing anything

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think about getting rid of the phone and voice activation until they get the newer technology on the phone. I really hate to spend 2K for technology that will change quickly. If I can added this to the car later, do you think it is worth doing later with the new phone equipment?

amgB
Old 08-13-2003, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AMGB
What do you think about getting rid of the phone and voice activation until they get the newer technology on the phone. I really hate to spend 2K for technology that will change quickly. If I can added this to the car later, do you think it is worth doing later with the new phone equipment?

amgB
That's if it's even possible to do later. You may end up in the unenviable position of having a car that doesn't have the correct wiring harness for the new phone system, and be unable to get the old phone system because it's discontinued!! IMO the V60 works fine even though it's way overpriced. If you use the phone a lot, get it.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:29 PM

2002 MB E55 AMG
Sunshade

IMO the sunshade is great. I drive with it up every day in the summer and have no problems seeing to the rear. I makes a huge difference in heat gain, especially to passengers in the rear seat.

tjc
Old 08-14-2003, 11:14 PM

2000 BMW 540i
Does anybody have any more info on the UHI. I think it is exciting that you might be able to use your own phone. Any updates on availability in '04 W211's??
Old 08-30-2003, 01:06 PM

'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
Originally posted by RJC
Had the park T on my 03 CLK 500, it was about a second or two too late to react...pass on it and get something else. Since you like the black opal check out the new color cadet blue ( its a new color for the 04 w209's) its very nice.
For those who had the chance to see last year's Sak's Fifth Avenue edition CLK, that is the Cadet Blue color.

In response to some other comments, I have parktronic in my ML and have never had a problem with it. It does beep at odd times now and again, but nothing worth getting upset over.

The rear shade helps keep the car cooler (especially black on black). I drive with mine up during the summer and have no problems. It does minimize vision atnight, but it is find during the day.

I'm not a fan of the v.60 model. I wish they would make the UHI for more nokia models. The current models are lacking some of the newer features (gimicks). But the audio quality can't be beat when comparing OEM units to aftermarket units, even if they're made by the phone mfg. The speaker used by phone mfg's are usually cheap and produce poor audio quality.