W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e63OEM Exhaust Modified Catless/Straight pipes (middle) cause of Engine Check light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 E63 AMG
Exclamation e63OEM Exhaust Modified Catless/Straight pipes (middle) cause of Engine Check light?

As title says ive had my OEM exhaust modified about a month ago with the middle cat taken off and replace them with straight pipes to get that popping sound.

Suddenly yesterday driving normally the engine check light shows but no malfunctions notified, so i took it in the shop this morning to get the engine check light removed. The shop said it might had to do with my mod exhaust.

My questions is are ppl with straight pipes /catless exhaust on the e63 amg having issues with the engine check light coming on due to the exhaust?

Im scared to drive it now, dont want to see the engine light coming back up again, and is there a way to cure it?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 AM

2012 CLS 63 Designo PP
I took out my secondary cats and resonator and put straight pipes and never got a check engine light. Look into what codes went off, also if your using k&n air filters change back to stock.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 AM

w211 E63 AMG
Thanks for the advice, i was about to order K&N air filters too :O is it bad or something?

Ahhh forgot to ask the tech guy what code came up today, oh well next time if it pops up again ill ask for the code and share it with you guys.

Gonna have to see if the light will pop back up again soon, hopefully not fingers crossed.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 AM

w211 E63 AMG
Sigh.....tool it for a drive today and the engine check light comes back on . Is there a way to just remove the o2 sensors ?

Or what could be the problem im pretty sure its something with the exhaust because the car runs fine.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 G55 + others
why dont you just get the code so that you know what the issue is coming from? i wouldnt just guess and remove the O2 sensors as that will most definitely trigger the check engine light right away.

on another note... do you still have your E63 OEM mufflers? I would be interested in buying them from you. Let me know if you want to get rid of them and how much you would be looking for shipped to Northern California. I dont need the tips so its fine if they've been cut.

thanks.